LUN01463.JPG
LUN01467.JPG
LUN01469.JPG
LUN01473.JPG
LUN01475.JPG
LUN01476.JPG
LUN01477.JPG

Actually, UV light has already been proven scientifically to increase trichome production and potency in cannabis plants Crazy. And the UV light that is used in UV sterilizers to kill germs is actually UVC which is very destructive to living organisms

Then go for it! Can't be that hard. ;)

Beautiful pics on those buds. Solid looking and loaded with trics. :thumb:

I keep reading about the Swiss study that looked at the effects of UV light on THC production (they did theirs outside at varying altitudes I believe), but I haven't been able to find the original research. Do you have a link to it?

This study is done outside? Hmm, loads of more variables. :D

Those orange pistils make for the best pics! Lovely frost and solid looking buds...excellent result.

I keep reading about the Swiss study that looked at the effects of UV light on THC production (they did theirs outside at varying altitudes I believe), but I haven't been able to find the original research. Do you have a link to it?

I keep telling myself that I'm going to start saving links to these articles. Let me see if I can find the article.

Ha Ha Smoke on the water. LOL Shed

Also, I'm sure that there is no way I can fuck up plain water so barring an alien attack, I would say this one is in the bag. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gotta hit em with the green, just sayin

from-the-movie-mars-attacks.jpg

I don't know how u are going to get this grow any better

Thank you Crazy. You did know that I'm already using UV bulbs right? They are Exo Terra 200's They come on for 15 min per day at noon.

t's cute. I actually miss my Ginzas hair sticking to my buds.....

I just hope they all come off when I wash my buds. I don't want to smoke Oscar, or his Hair.

Actually, UV light has already been proven scientifically to increase trichome production and potency in cannabis plants Crazy. And the UV light that is used in UV sterilizers to kill germs is actually UVC which is very destructive to living organisms

Prolly not good for your eye sight and eye health in general. I think the UV from the sun is how we get cataracts but thats just me. Plants don't have eyes.

I use a UV light in the spring and go around my flower room and I think I'm killing off pathogens/pests/mold that wanna get on my plants. I don't use it for growing.

I do run 1750K lamps @ 100W each - looks like mars. Plants actually grow toward the far red lamps and they have a choice 3K or 1750K. They will grow right into the 1750K - doesn't even burn them until they touch the lamps. My QB 3K board starts cooking off trichome heads at 24" off the canopy. I had to turn the QB down.

Congrats on the Journal of the month! Well done and you got the frosty nugz too!

Yum yum nums.

Happy 420 day :passitleft:

I didn't read the article about UV light helping trichomes - they did that study on cannabis at the University of MD?

I don't think they used cannabis in the study. Well not under the lights anyways. lol

Pretty positive, sadly. They should re-run that test with cannabis and see if there's any differences.

I just hope they all come off when I wash my buds. I don't want to smoke Oscar, or his Hair.

It probably will let go if you wash your buds. Remembered an old movie when you wrote smoke Oscar, in How High a grower puts his buddies ashes in a plants soil and every time they smoke it he reappears to them. So don't smoke your homeboy... ;)

Prolly not good for your eye sight and eye health in general

It will be informative to watch RETRIX use this spectrum then. :nerd-with-glasses:

I had to turn the QB down.

I had to turn down my logic 100 boards as well, they fry the buds if too close and I still get signs of heat stress.

I do run 1750K lamps @ 100W each

Yep I'm going to be adding some 1750Ks to mine as well.

I had to turn down my logic 100 boards as well, they fry the buds if too close and I still get signs of heat stress.

Isn't that the truth. I have to keep the MoonShot all the way at the top of the tent. If I lower it, even a little, the plants start suffering.

As people probably know, I do not have a macro lens for my camera yet. But I do have a very good Jewelers loupe. And that loupe is telling me that this Liberty haze needs to come down next week. The loupe also confirmed what I finally read on Humboldt's web site that the Chemdawg is a 10+ week plant. This presents a problem because the Chemdawg is not finished and will probably go 10 to 11 weeks, and I was planning on drying both plants inside the tent. The smell is absolutely overwhelming and drying the Haze is going to be something else. If anyone has any ideas on how to keep the stank down while drying her I'm all ears.

Back
Top Bottom