The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
camg.jpg
I am looking at a different nutrient then this... they look identical but it seems this one is missing the nitrogen, unless I’m missing something obvious. Lol

E34BA5B4-6B91-407C-8C56-4629F1531933.jpeg

But the picture I posted says nothing about 1-0-0... the one you posted does but the one I posted does not?

057235BE-3544-438A-B304-34B32A100607.jpeg

There is no 1-0-0 anywhere on this bottle, no?
If you scroll thru some of the reviews on that people are saying that the bottle they are receiving is 1-0-0 and were upset because the pic doesn’t show that and says it’s misleading (which it definitely is).

That calmag is fine, and what the Farside schedule uses.

And no, it wasn't sarcasm. It was dead serious. The GLN calmag is like 15-0-0 or some ridiculous shit like that. Now THAT... that will burn your plants. :laugh:

Also, skip the BE. MC already has it built into the mix.

During 3rd week of flower would it be a bad idea to use calmag thats 2-0-0 or 1-0-0 with straight ph water? Since theres no p or k present.

Interesting on your position for BE, i do remember reading a discussion with some that think BE works and others that dont believe in it.
Im kind of on the fence on it, even if its just using a bit to increase buds slightly i would go for it as bag is cheap for 500g which i know would lasts me years. I grow about 10 a year

I think im sensing sarcasm but i need to confirm....lol...about to order BE and have been debating other gln products too..

Since the topic of calmag is up....is this an okay one to use with MC? 2-0-0

Forget the BE. If you haven't bought the Botanicare Cal-Mag, look on the Zon for Greenway Biotech Cal-Mag. Same thing, less cash, add your own water.

But the picture I posted says nothing about 1-0-0... the one you posted does but the one I posted does not?

057235BE-3544-438A-B304-34B32A100607.jpeg

There is no 1-0-0 anywhere on this bottle, no?

General Organics is made by General Hydroponics. The Bottle on their website shows 1-0-0. The picture you reference may be out if date, and just doesn't have it on it. Stands to reason that General Hydroponics Cali-Magic is also 1-0-0. Probably the exact same product since they make both.

The only non-nitrogen, stand alone, Cal and Mag products I know of are the Solo line from Canna, but I think they are only available in the UK..

even if its just using a bit to increase buds slightly i would go for it as bag is cheap
In order for you to find that it can increase your buds in any way you would need to embrace the theory that cannabis can use more P and K than is in MegaCrop. This would be in spite of the fact that MC already contains lots of K, and that tissue analysis shows very little P used in flower. Where does all that excess go if not into the plants?

You would also need to believe that LOS growers are missing out on bud production, due to the soils inability to suddenly deliver very high amounts of P and K to cannabis plants in flower the way we can with synthetic nutes. I can't recall hearing LOS growers generally complaining about the size of their buds.

And when @multiVortex says "Here is a general feeding schedule from @farside05 that works extremely well," it needs to be noted why farside has decided to modify his feeding with MegaCrop. He can explain it better than I can, but it begins with what he feels is an insufficient amount of silica in MC, not N, P, or K. The blend he makes is necessary because silica rides along with potassium, and to keep the NPK ratio he wants intact, he needs to add nitrogen to balance the mix. His schedule was not designed to add calcium or magnesium. It rides along with the nitrogen he seeks.

Farside can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

OK then, let's start with some basics. Shed's already asked for the pertinent details, and tailoring advice will be better suited when knowing that information. For now though, we can get started with a general guideline of the basics of using MegaCrop. Some of this may be rudimentary, but I'm going to start from scratch to make sure it's all covered.

First, you really, really, really need a scale to weigh it out. At least in the beginning until you know how much volume a specific amount takes up. If you're going to go with a volume measuring device afterwards, then I'd recommend having one that is marked for 5g. Why? That's 1g/gal in a 5gal bucket. You could also make one for 10g or 15g. If it were me, I'd still weigh it out every time (and I do.) I strongly suggest weighing it out, it's just safer that way.

Keep your product in a tupperware/air tight container and keep it sealed. Humidity can throw off the weight a little.

Now, where are we with your plants?

Here is a general feeding schedule from @farside05 that works extremely well.

Related post from earlier in the thread:

Actual schedule:

full

This schedule is for promix, but works with other media as well, adjusting the pH as needed, etc. But the basics remain the same.

The exception to this would be a media that already has some fertilizer in it, like FFOF, etc.

The calmag this was based off of was Botanicare's calmag+, and Dyna Grow's ProTekt. The ratios here are important. Why? You have to keep within certain ratios of your nitrogen to potassium (N:K) and not exceed 1:3. This is where the N in the calmag (2-0-0 in this case) comes into play. It balances out the K in the Protekt (0-0-3, but closer to 0-0-4.) Or vice versa.

I've run this schedule in promix, hydro, and now running it in a dutch bucket as well. Not a problem with too much nitrogen.

If you've found some calmag without nitrogen, good. However, in the right amounts, you should NOT be seeing an issue with too much nitrogen.

The ratio itself is easy to remember. Use the same amount of calmag/protekt in milliliters (ml) as you use in grams of megacrop. Use 4g/gal of MC? Then use 4ml each of calmag and protekt.

Gen Hydro's calimagic is 1-0-0, and works fine with this. You can cut the protekt in half if you were to use that.

With your new calmag, you shouldn't need to use protekt, or any other potassium supplement, as your N:K ratio shouldn't be changing.

But for now, as you're using the botanicare, how much are you adding per gallon of water? Without something to balance the potassium, I wouldn't suggest using more than 2ml/gallon, maybe 3ml but I'd have to run the math.

But, from the schedule above you can see that within just 30 days, you should be hitting the 6g/gal mark on average. With megacrop only, if you see a deficiency, you just up your dosage.

So the basic question, aside from all the grow details, is how much are you using and how old are your plants?

Reference the above schedule, and see if you're in the ballpark or not for your g/gal of MC.

That's the very basics. Once you have the amount per gallon nailed down, figuring out how much you need is simply just basic math and multiplying by the number of gallons you're making.

---------------------

Now for the first part of your remark. I get it. You're fucking up a grow, and it's got you stumped. We've all been there. I just burnt a handful of leaves on one of my plants the other day. Why? Had it moved forward in the tent, under a much lower light for about 45 minutes while I gave her a post-stretch cleanup to thin her out a bit. Whoops.

So shit happens. We learn, we live, we grow (more plants. :D)

I see from Hippies pics he got up for ya that it looks like you have what, 2-3 week old plants, and DWC?

Should be at the 3g or 4g per gallon mark if that's the case.

Of course all these are general guidelines, and you have to read what your plants are telling you. I can't say that with Farside's schedule I've seen any excessive N issues at all.

I did back off on the amount of protekt in my RDWC and dutch setups, but not from a toxicity standpoint. Protekt likes to try and raise your pH a bit, and the more you use the stronger it can go. So in my hydro stuff I've cut that part in half and now do a 1:0.5 ratio of calmag to protekt. That keeps it about on an even keel for the N:K ratio, which keeps the overall ratio the same as MC.

Going from a fuckton of bottles to just 1 basic nute can screw with your head. You think you need to be doing something, adding something else, tweaking this or that.

The sad thing is that those multi-bottle lines have programmed you to think that way in order to make more cash. Now I'm not saying that you can't grow nice plants with them. That's not it at all. You can, but it costs way more to do so than it does with MC. Using MC cut my fertilizer bill by 90%. That's significant right there, and I'm averaging about $20/grow for nutes now. If I used something like the Gen Hydro flora trio, and all its bottles, I'd be over $300/grow for my RDWC. I can take that $280 and put it to better use.

What about the calmag I have to use? Well, what about it? I'd have to use the same of it with another line, so that's that.

There are a lot of misconceptions about what MegaCrop is, and what it isn't. It's basic simplicity is often mistaken for inferiority, and that it's lacking in something. That you need to add more to it. It can't be just one damn part, right? There's that "multi-bottle line" thinking again.

The reality of it is that all those nutes in those bottles have all been bundled right up into MegaCrop. All your macro nutrients, micro nutrients, they're all there and in amounts that will allow your plants to thrive during whatever stage they are in. It's also balanced in the right ratios to where you won't get lockouts from being out of whack.

It really is that simple. You don't need to add anything, calmag (and balancing it as needed) aside. Even that isn't always needed. Depends on your situation. If you're using RO and or running good LED lights, you probably will need some calmag. Nothing wrong with that.

First thing though, you just gotta relax and roll with the punches. Things will work out.
That was a mouthful so forgive me for not reading your wonderful speech lol I was in no way bashing MC or saying it’s inferior. (Although I think it is) haha but I’m not here to argue that... It’s just that to “this grower” I actually prefer multiple bottles...mostly because I want to control my plant completely, and there’s a lot of techniques that I like to use with my bottled nutes that I just can’t do with a bag that u scoop out of. I understand money is a big reason why people switch to MC because they just can’t afford the good shit... that’s not why I switched... im fortunate enough so that cost really doesn’t play factor... I genuinely prefer multiple bottles... not because I’m “programmed” too lmao that’s hilarious btw. I like you my man but you can be a little condescending. For me I prefer the bottle nutes because I have more control over my grows. There’s ALOT of things I can’t do with MC... I guarantee I would not have this issue if I was using ANY bottle nutrient lineup... this is definitely a dry nute “all in one fertilizer” problem lol why in the fuck would they not add more calcium to this lineup?... their on v3 now too, why aren’t they upgrading this shit yet?? Regardless, with that being said there’s pros and cons to both... mostly cons with the dry nutes in my opinion... Unless I can find a calcium supplement that has no nitrogen and this nutrient just starts killing it then I’m going back to bottled nutes... shit even if MC does kill it, I’m still going back to bottled mutes. I like to control my grow and know EXACTLY what’s going into my resovoir...not just have a general idea of what’s in each scoop. Trust me I know that everything that’s in MC is in my bottled nutrients... but there’s one huge difference... I only feed certain nutrients at certain times in their lives, rather then feed unspecified amounts via a scoop Lmao... I appreciate you trying to help me out broski but I can tell it’s not gonna happen. This is something that I’m going to have to find the right mix of shit to add to these dry nutes. Your basic tutorial gave me a good enough grasp to understand what I need to do To get through this grow.... but once I finish this grow off then I’m going back to the bottled nutes. At first I thought I’d like the simplicity behind a 1 and done nute like this with the large grows I’m accustomed to but I quickly realized that it’s just not practical (for me) to grow the big ones with the best quality that I’m used to. I jumped on board this hype train and really wish I Hadn’t. Haha ... I don’t want this message to be misconstrued as me saying MC isn’t good shit, because it is... it’s just not good for me. I thoroughly enjoy mixing my bottles. And I got one last question, how does the taste compare to your old grows? ... a buddy of mine grew dwc with MC and I swear it was some of the worth tasting smoke I’ve ever had... prolly had something to do with his grow style but I was curious as to others experiences.

And when @multiVortex says "Here is a general feeding schedule from @farside05 that works extremely well," it needs to be noted why farside has decided to modify his feeding with MegaCrop. He can explain it better than I can, but it begins with what he feels is an insufficient amount of silica in MC, not N, P, or K. The blend he makes is necessary because silica rides along with potassium, and to keep the NPK ratio he wants intact, he needs to add nitrogen to balance the mix. His schedule was not designed to add calcium or magnesium. It rides along with the nitrogen he seeks.

There's several things my tweeks accomplish. 1) As Shed says, I feel Silica is lacking in Mega Crop. 2) I like to Target a N-P-K of 2-1-3 and do so through the Silica and Cal-Mag additions as mentioned 3) I have seen Calcium deficiencies at times in my grows. One way to handle it, if you're just using Mega is to up the dose, say from 6g to 6.5. My method provides 45more ppm of Calcium at the cost of 15 more ppm of Nitrogen. That's a better ratio. Than what is built into Mega Crop.

K so whos got the bigger bud? Who wants to show first. Lol.
In order for you to find that it can increase your buds in any way you would need to embrace the theory that cannabis can use more P and K than is in MegaCrop. This would be in spite of the fact that MC already contains lots of K, and that tissue analysis shows very little P used in flower. Where does all that excess go if not into the plants?

You would also need to believe that LOS growers are missing out on bud production, due to the soils inability to suddenly deliver very high amounts of P and K to cannabis plants in flower the way we can with synthetic nutes. I can't recall hearing LOS growers generally complaining about the size of their buds.

What are LOS growers? Lots of content here for me to process with npk balancing. Any good reads on npk? Havent fully understood how all that works and then this MC comes in and confuses me again

There's several things my tweeks accomplish. 1) As Shed says, I feel Silica is lacking in Mega Crop. 2) I like to Target a N-P-K of 2-1-3 and do so through the Silica and Cal-Mag additions as mentioned 3) I have seen Calcium deficiencies at times in my grows. One way to handle it, if you're just using Mega is to up the dose, say from 6g to 6.5. My method provides 45more ppm of Calcium at the cost of 15 more ppm of Nitrogen. That's a better ratio. Than what is built into Mega Crop.
Hey Farside, I dig it. Something I’m really curious about though is how do you know that the 60 ppm you just added is indeed 45 ppm of calcium and 15 ppm of nitrogen? Is it a cal-mag nute u just added or?

@farside05 ive been using 1/4 tsp as a gram while you are at 1/8 tsp = gram....i could very well be using too much mc....i will check for color of leaves tmrw...but i have noticed each gram/gallon ppm is roughly 200, as each time ive increased my mc the ppm jumps in roughly those increments. Its fairly close to your chart but without the rest of the additives. I am glad i have calmag which i bought for my previous grow so will try it out with your chart but without the fakt. My confidence in BE may have gone down a bit but i might get a 500g anyway as a pk booster to support the rest of my green planet line

Hey Farside, I dig it. Something I’m really curious about though is how do you know that the 60 ppm you just added is indeed 45 ppm of calcium and 15 ppm of nitrogen? Is it a cal-mag nute u just added or?

Yes it's a Cal-Mag supplement similar to Botanicare and it's a calculated amount per 5ml using an elemental calculator.

@farside05 ive been using 1/4 tsp as a gram while you are at 1/8 tsp = gram....i could very well be using too much mc....i will check for color of leaves tmrw...but i have noticed each gram/gallon ppm is roughly 200, as each time ive increased my mc the ppm jumps in roughly those increments. Its fairly close to your chart but without the rest of the additives. I am glad i have calmag which i bought for my previous grow so will try it out with your chart but without the fakt. My confidence in BE may have gone down a bit but i might get a 500g anyway as a pk booster to support the rest of my green planet line

At least with my spoons, scale, and bag of Mega Crop, 1/8tsp is a gram and 150 ppm per gallon. There's been so many changes with MC you really need to weigh your own samples multiple times if you are going to feed by volume rather than weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom