The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again thanks for the heads up I was just getting ready to buy the 22lb bag for now I'll opt fot the smallest
A 2.5 Kg bag will be enough for 8 - 12 mid sized plants (2' x 2' canopy) from seed to harvest.

I'm only going to buy the smaller bags of Mega Crop until they release the version with the ground up balls. That version should be homogeneous so we no longer will need to worry about the ball to powder ratios.

Same here, although I don't believe I will need more before they have v3 out. I'm not quite halfway through my 11kg batch from September, so should have another 2 grows in there, give or take.

A 2.5 Kg bag will be enough for 8 - 12 mid sized plants (2' x 2' canopy) from seed to harvest.
I grow drain to waste in a 7'x9' room with a 4'x5' drain table under 600watts of vero 29 cobs I average 3.5lbs from 6 plants
IMG_4591 copy.jpg

I'm only going to buy the smaller bags of Mega Crop until they release the version with the ground up balls. That version should be homogeneous so we no longer will need to worry about the ball to powder ratios.

I purchased the smaller bag and sieved the balls out. Ground them up in grinder and mixed everything back up. I do note that the ppm runs a bit higher, so not sure if that was such a good idea.

one of my mega plants,, i can call it that now,, been long enuf,, i know one has to be born in texas to be a texan,

but i am calling these mega plants now,,

a member bred panama/cheese cross,, smelly, fluffy, and frosty,,love it

P1170760 (3).JPG

my balls shall remain unground,, however ,, they shall be kept in a moisture proof container,, very easy for moisture to creep into the powder,,

cheers friends

I mix no more than the plants can use in a week. I weigh my water to get the correct amount each time using a kitchen scale for four liters or less, and a luggage scale for 10 and 18 liter batches (1 l = 1Kg). I bought a 60l canoe barrel for my irrigation tank, since my plants have gone through 18l in less than two days. That should let me leave home for up to a week if I want.

Wait, what? Balls to powder ratio? I've seen it mentioned a few times but didn't know it was a real matter of concern. So what is the correct ratio and how does one go about achieving it? This could also help me with my daily grooming habits! :Rasta:

GLN figures the ratio will even out over many uses- sometimes more balls,sometimes less...
Jeesh! Can we call them pebbles? :Rasta:

Wait, what? Balls to powder ratio? I've seen it mentioned a few times but didn't know it was a real matter of concern. So what is the correct ratio and how does one go about achieving it? This could also help me with my daily grooming habits! :Rasta:

If mixing small quantities....such as half gallon or less then grind with coffee grinder...if mixing large quantities you wont need to worry so much about ratio as it should balance fairly closely with a large scoop of MC
This is what was explained to me by gln rep

They are pebbles now , you should have gotten the first one I used . I’ll take a pic tomorrow of both . Stopped use the first as soon as I saw the new bag opened.

They are pebbles now , you should have gotten the first one I used . I’ll take a pic tomorrow of both . Stopped use the first as soon as I saw the new bag opened.
Oh snap! Can't wait to see the pics, @West Hippie !

I believe the correct terminology in the fertilizer world is "prills". It's more fun to say balls though. Kinda like finding the opportunity to use the word moist in a sentence.

I believe the correct terminology in the fertilizer world is "prills". It's more fun to say balls though. Kinda like finding the opportunity to use the word moist in a sentence.
I'm sure I could have a ball with a bunch of moist prills! :Rasta:

Photo bomb enjoy guys!

Hay man, nice to see you studying up, lol! Then you can tell me how this stuff works!

I doubt you'd have to worry about the *pebbles* to powder ratio, you mix up plenty at a time... it'll even out.
I hope I can remember what I read long enough to get through the next grow lol. You seem to be doin fine without my help so far. I'm there if you need me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom