The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this?
full
Hey! Why does everybody find that pic so funny? I had a tear roll down my cheek. :laughtwo:

Am I just reading this wrong, or is there a completely different feeding schedule on both bags of the 2-Part as well as for the online version?
IMG_5166.jpeg
IMG_5167.jpeg
IMG_5165.jpeg
I asked customer service, and greenleaf themselves actually had no idea why they are publishing multiple schedules. They also had no idea which one was actually accurate. Luckily these were the smallest bags possible and AMEX didn’t offer any resistance when I asked them to do a chargeback. What a strange company. 🤷‍♂️

When I used to use MC it was as easy as 2/4/6...
2g young plant
4g veg
6g flower
those were the days.....
What a strange company. 🤷‍♂️
Seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing...🤔

Oh well. I am still happy with the 1-part formula and their p-k boosters. But honestly, I’m simply not at a point where I can look at 3 drastically different schedules for 1 product and know which one is right.
So much info on using MC

Yer bashing or over complicating a very simple, and good, system

Good luck

Am I just reading this wrong, or is there a completely different feeding schedule on both bags of the 2-Part as well as for the online version?
IMG_5166.jpeg
IMG_5167.jpeg
IMG_5165.jpeg
yeah, thats pretty funny! The 2 Part is a customizable formula, so you use whatever customer doses/ratios you want in order to achieve. There are a few different doses because the bags were printed at different times.

The Part B bags were all produced in 2019, and this formula basically mimics the Jacks 5-12-26 dosage and will give an NPK ratio of about 12-9-21 for budding. We found since then that the Jacks suggested dosage is really good, but for specifically Cannabis you can do better.

The newer Part A bags were produced with the upgraded formula and recommendation in 2022, which will give an NPK approximately 12.5-7-16 for budding.

We also have a website feeding calculator which we try to keep most accurate as far as current recommendations, which would give about 12.5-6.5-15.5 for budding.

So the ratios for the last 2 are pretty similar, within approximately 5%. As stated, this is a customizable formula, so you can adjust the ratio and amounts to meet whatever purpose you want. There is a really cool calculator on our website here, which we recommend that people use to customize -> Mega Crop 2-Part Single Tank Use Calculator – Greenleaf Nutrients
A lot of our advanced growers and users are also use custom spreadsheets and feeding schedules which they input our raw products into, to hit specific targets. However for the average user, you should be able to follow the bag or website and get pretty good results.

We purposely make the Part B formula Calcium Nitrate pure as well, so its easy to switch up with different brands/manufacturers if needed. One of the dirty tricks that some of the other companies are doing now who make "multi-part" formulas (Advanced and others I won't specifically mention), is they change their Calcium/Nitrogen part formula to be slightly different than Calcium Nitrate. So it will be similar but not exact ... why do they do this? So you are locked into their ecosystem of products and can't simply switch out for pure Calcium Nitrate, which is actually fairly cheap in the raw form. From here, they can charge excessive markups on product costs because you are "locked in" to their ecosystem, and charge you $120 for 25lbs of essentially Calcium Nitrate when you can get it raw for less than ~$50 usually.

wth !! ?? when did this thread fire back up ?

at this point you probably owe me a bag of the stuff over this thread @GreenleafNutr ! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually I just checked in on the website. This part of the calculator wasn't refreshed from the new Part A formula refreshed we released this August. So I had the website updated now, and it should have the current values for the refreshed Part A. So the values on the website now are a little less than previous, which will help save money and nutrients!

By the way, our new refreshed Part A formula is a lot stronger than the previous one, its combined approximately 56% concentration by weight (not including Sulfur which is in excess), which is very strong compared to Jacks 5-12-26 is 49.3% (not including Sulfur). So for active ingredient minus sulfur, ours is the strongest our currently that I know of. So keep this in mind when comparing price, that ours has a better value its about 13% stronger compared to Jacks 5-12-26 in raw material.

So just confirming, this will be the latest updated recommendation on the website now, the same as the bag of Part A currently. Thanks for pointing that out btw! Will send you a free bag if you DM :D

This will give the following NPK values
Vegging Phase: 12.85 - 6.25 - 14.9
Bloom/Flower: 12.6 - 6.8 - 16.2
these are highly optimized NPK values for cannabis for veg/bloom phase, and to the best of our currently knowledge the ideal starting point for dosage. This also includes 8%+ Calcium (Ca) and 1.5%+ Magnesium (Mg) which should meet plant needs.
1697946213701.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom