The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Thanks for starting this thread back up, Snid. Pushing autos to their limits is fun and challenging. It's great to see stereotypes and "Dont's" about autos disproven.
Switched back to photos this run but i will be back here in about 8 to 10 weeks.
I will put up pics of my last topped autos since they were in the old thread.

420-magazine-mobile1921269667.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1520154113.jpg

Thanks for starting this thread back up, Snid. Pushing autos to their limits is fun and challenging. It's great to see stereotypes and "Dont's" about autos disproven.
Switched back to photos this run but i will be back here in about 8 to 10 weeks.
I will put up pics of my last topped autos since they were in the old thread.
I figured it was a very important resource for this community. A day without such a thread is no beuno, this discussion thread, hopefully, will be a great tool for new growers to try their hand a topping autoflowers. I am glad to see your pics, they look great! I've grown very fond of photoperiod plants for their size and resilience for abuse. At the same time I love autoflowers for their ease of growing and quick turnaround. Feel free to post your pics at anytime, it'll be of great help for others.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Way to go snid... You are definitely filling a void here. I tried to start a thread yesterday called auto growers unite to fill the gap as the auto topper seems to be gone.. You are right on point here. Ive got a front seat as theres always more to learn..

Ill share my trainwrecks from my first grow.. Topped, but no training..
420-magazine-mobile243839255.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1999819128.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1278859650.jpg

More in the journal if you want to see..

Next is my current grow, kannabia baby booms.. 6 of the 10 have been topped. They had a slow start as weather is extremely cold and humidity is next to nothing.. But noe ive moved the tent to a room that is much warmer and the girls are takin off..
420-magazine-mobile1490645045.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1843991826.jpg
420-magazine-mobile419664906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2113371538.jpg

Thanks again snid for getting this going..
Your plants are gorgeous by the way..
Cheers

Excellent looking snips Jimmy, they're going to turn out great. The look as healthy as can be :thumb: training is very effective at maintaining even growth, but just getting those extra growth tips from topping is well worth a simple snip. Thanks for sharing, hope to see periodic pics of these gals as they progress. Good luck with Humidity issues, I know I've been dealing with it all winter.

KiG :green_heart:

I will be doing some training this time around. Not as elaborate as yours, just some pipe cleaners and safety pins through the smart pots.. Wanted to stay pretty simple with the first run. I actually read through both your journals prior to starting my first grow.. What type of light are u using these days snid? Im using a mh/hps setup here to keep temps nice and warm but i am thinking of going led for the summer time..
Cheers

I will be doing some training this time around. Not as elaborate as yours, just some pipe cleaners and safety pins through the smart pots.. Wanted to stay pretty simple with the first run. I actually read through both your journals prior to starting my first grow.. What type of light are u using these days snid? Im using a mh/hps setup here to keep temps nice and warm but i am thinking of going led for the summer time..
Cheers
Nothing wrong with keeping it simple. At least until you know what your dealing with when it comes to veg times and trainability for your strain.
I'm currently and have been running LEDs since I switched from cfls. I use a Mars 1200 in the photo tent, and an array of twilight group LEDs in the auto tent. (2 total plus a ufo) I am jealous of folks who are able to mange with hps, buds are so much bigger. But for me it would involve extra exhausts and intake fans, so I opted for LEDs.

I am sooo here with you :hug:
Welcome to auto topping 101, grab a seat next to G2heal and we'll get you up to speed. Glad to have you here, no plants... No problem, just take notes and apply it when you get less heat on you from the fuzz.

Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread
It's also in my signature, post away Velk, your contributions are more than welcome.

Edit : oops wrong link here's the one for this thread, also in my signature.
The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Thanks bro could you share these links in the auto growers club please I will copy them all and put in the first bit of text so all auto users can use all of them. I've gotten handy with the topping training and defol with autos

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here are a few snaps of my autos all topped and one double topped mad amount of colas and big for there strain
420-magazine-mobile1420780767.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1597678675.jpg

And a vid to show how big and many many tops Velk - 420 Magazine(16344462) on Vimeo

I used to think topping an auto would have foul affects on an auto but it just goes to show how good autos are strong big and just as good as photo strains ,with topping and training you can match the size and yeild of most photos with autos there's even autos that boast over 25% thc and the world record is a little over 30% on a photo Chem dawg #autopower #autotoppingthread #autobangbang can't wait for this thread to get massive and people
Will soon realise the greatness of autos ! Happy growing and happy topping .

Hey guys. Here's some photos of some N.L autos il be topping very soon.
Pic 1 - Hempy bucket grow 4gal.
Pic 2 - 4 gal pot
Pic 3 - side by side (both germinated the same day)
Pic 4 - an up pot auto experiment on the left and on the right a runt I gave up on then found after she took about 3 weeks to break soil will be up potted and only topped if she looks strong enough to take it. All grown in 70/30 coco pearlite mix.
420-magazine-mobile820566757.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1914681153.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1122820495.jpg
420-magazine-mobile760520404.jpg

Keep it on 20/4 or 18/6 the whole run. It seems to be debatable on which is best. I run 20/4 until strech stops then i flip to 18/6.. Dont know if helps at all.. I might just try 20/4 the whole run this time. Hope that helps.
Cheers

I'm currently running 20/4 but experienced light burn because they were too close to the light. Now the . plants have reached a perfect height I wonder if I should turn down to 18/6 to compensate for the crispy factor on my leaves . . I feel like I'm nursing them properly but was unsure if the 20/4 partially caused the burn. Thanks for the help! ;)

Back
Top Bottom