The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

1st day of bondage. She likes it I think.

Gods Dosi pie

god bud x dosie pie (dosidos x velvet pie f2)

20200420_070206.jpg
20200421_134216.jpg

Hi Quadsquad

Love this thread, I've been following for a while now and love what you all have been achieving with your quads.

I'm just starting my first indoor grow and hopefully will join the Quadsquad. I'll be growing a couple of Dinachem. They are only a few days old so I'm just focused on keeping them alive long enough to start the quad training at the moment. It's going to be a steep learning curve. I've done a lot of research but it's always different when you start putting things into practise.

I'm sure you'll see me here a fair bit in the near future not only for quad advice but also general growing advice. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this great thread.

Hope it's Ok that I've already added the #Quadsqaud to my signature.

Here is one of my pups.

Hi Quadsquad

Love this thread, I've been following for a while now and love what you all have been achieving with your quads.

I'm just starting my first indoor grow and hopefully will join the Quadsquad. I'll be growing a couple of Dinachem. They are only a few days old so I'm just focused on keeping them alive long enough to start the quad training at the moment. It's going to be a steep learning curve. I've done a lot of research but it's always different when you start putting things into practise.

I'm sure you'll see me here a fair bit in the near future not only for quad advice but also general growing advice. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this great thread.

Hope it's Ok that I've already added the #Quadsqaud to my signature.

Here is one of my pups.
Best training you can do for now is none! As an excited grower eager to practice an awesome technique you will be her worst enemy. Let her grow for a while.
Let her start stacking nodes of fan leaves, etc.
Remember that these are vital for her health and when training we are directing the branches where to grow. Just be careful not to start too soon and stress her into bad health.
Like waiting to train a horse until it's bones are strong enough to handle a rider etc

Hi your post on quad lining looks awesome thanks, I'm giving it a go this round with 9, probably should of just tryed it on a few first, maybe the way I'm doing it but there was a bit of work in it had to make my wires and had a few changes to them to to hold them down properly, I'm not the most experienced in general and they didn't quite turn out like yours lol, I'm just in 2nd week flower and done the last lollipop was wondering if I went overboard with the trimming still experimenting with it, I just tryed to get the tops light from leaves and got rid of anything that was low and probably wouldn't get light, I went a little extra on a couple just to see, didn't take a b4 photo tho thought about it afterwards lol but they were bushy as, filled up about half a 20ltr bucket with what I cut off and had been constantly trimming through veg to keep what I wanted in the light, any advice good or bad be great thanks, also what week is end of stretch on a 8 wk for example?
20200421_205546.jpg
20200421_205644.jpg
20200421_205554.jpg
20200421_205619.jpg
20200421_205628.jpg
20200421_205710.jpg

I'm pretty sure I quadlined and didn't realize it. I'm joining the #quadsquad now.

Question;

I quad lined my current plant in my Two,Zero,Two,Zero let's grow thread.

However, I did not cut it back only to 2 main stems orginally, I allowed 4 main stems and let it grow from there...

Do you thinks this will make any difference overall?

Beautiful plant Canadadoes :thumb:

My girls are doing well but my symmetry is non-existent. Too much stretch after clones rooted. I ended up training branches to fill in the middle. Just let them go vertical a couple days ago. New lights are working awesome. Canopy is flat at least lol.

Birthday Cake Day 41 of veg

IMG_20200426_100707801.jpg
IMG_20200426_100659194.jpg

Question;

I quad lined my current plant in my Two,Zero,Two,Zero let's grow thread.

However, I did not cut it back only to 2 main stems orginally, I allowed 4 main stems and let it grow from there...

Do you thinks this will make any difference overall?
Should actually speed things up to when you can switch to flower. I think 4 mains is the best approach to this kind of training. Any more it gets crowded and any less you gotta veg longer.

Should actually speed things up to when you can switch to flower. I think 4 mains is the best approach to this kind of training. Any more it gets crowded and any less you gotta veg longer.

Awww this is good news ;) Thanks. So far I'm enjoying the quadlineing, but its alot of bending and turning the branches to keep it all even lol

Should i remove the growth tips and leaves circled here?

I would keep them. In addition to your 4 main tips, those 8 secondary tips circled will give you 12 tops. Depending how long you want to veg, you can keep the next group as well. Just keep those 4 mains tied down at or just below the height of the others so the plant distributes growth evenly. Looks like a great start!

A good rule for leaves is to remove them if they block light from any tips.

<edit> When I look closer I see more branches, looks like you have 6 instead of 4. Same principles apply but if you keep them all you can train the upper branches to the side a bit so they are not directly on top of the lower set.

My Quadsquad all set to bloom! Nice even canopy, lots of tops!
34AE7E83-3D68-49CA-A788-003ECAFF64C5.jpeg
98C28237-8431-4FCE-A84A-CBDAE2DBE57D.jpeg
BF718E68-68A5-4779-8F9C-2A4182A16936.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom