The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

My Quadsquad all set to bloom! Nice even canopy, lots of tops!
34AE7E83-3D68-49CA-A788-003ECAFF64C5.jpeg
98C28237-8431-4FCE-A84A-CBDAE2DBE57D.jpeg
BF718E68-68A5-4779-8F9C-2A4182A16936.jpeg

If you could put a picture into a magazine about what quadlining looks like, this would definitely be at the top of the list. Very well done DeeCee. Those plants are going to have huge, well spaced and even nugs.

If you could put a picture into a magazine about what quadlining looks like, this would definitely be at the top of the list. Very well done DeeCee. Those plants are going to have huge, well spaced and even nugs.

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you! I really enjoy quadline training, the eccentricity and structure it produces and the result is a great compromise of not extending of extending veg and improving end yield. Thank you for this thread!

Quadline for the win!

Here are my quad bones. I'm so amazed at my yield I had to post.

Dried and trimmed weight:
Blue Dream 5.7 oz
Cherry Pie 4.5 oz

17 weeks (8v/9f)

It would have been 6/9 but for a problem I had with algae that almost killed the Blue Dream. Fixed it with H2O2 spray and increased air flow.

All thanks to this group for getting me started down this path!

0430200019a.jpg

0430200019.jpg

Here is my full recipe, ready for next grow:
2 x 4 tent, 285w budget LED

Screenshot_1.jpg

That's an impressive yield. Gram per Watt

Thanks! I like to use yield, time, energy and space in one measure, or grams per kilowatt hour per square meter.

First grow:
4 plants
4 x 8ft
285w
247g
6 weeks veg
10 weeks flower
.18 g/kwh/sqm

Second grow:

2 plants
2 x 4ft
285w
288g
8 weeks veg
9 weeks flower
.76 g/kwh/sqm

That's a whopping 400% improvement, yay! :) Now I can make some smaller, incremental tweaks going forward and see what shakes out, will shoot for 1.0 g/kwh/sqm.

Here's my three ladies at day 47 of veg.

IMG_20200502_175207891_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200502_175214920_HDR.jpgIMG_20200502_175235010.jpg

Branches are 10 inches above the arms. I'll flip tomorrow night so 36hrs more of veg. Then the fun begins :yummy:

My Quadsquad all set to bloom! Nice even canopy, lots of tops!
34AE7E83-3D68-49CA-A788-003ECAFF64C5.jpeg
98C28237-8431-4FCE-A84A-CBDAE2DBE57D.jpeg
BF718E68-68A5-4779-8F9C-2A4182A16936.jpeg

Bro, make a tutorial on how YOU specifically quadlined your plants. Picture perfect. Everything is so even and extremely similar.
Amazing job.

Bro, make a tutorial on how YOU specifically quadlined your plants. Picture perfect. Everything is so even and extremely similar.
Amazing job.

Hey thanks man! Honestly it’s only my second grow, and I’m glad I stumbled on this method it is all I have used. It appeals greatly to my OCD lol

A few keys to my success:

Maintain a good amount of light on them from day one to prevent stretching,

Have a plan in mind instead of just tying branches wherever, I picture in my head where each branch will go and try to evenly fill all the spaces, adjusting my ties further down the branch as it grows and bends back upwards to keep them at just a slight incline until they reach the edges of the pot.

When tying down right from the start you want to keep the upper branches at only a slight incline and allow the rest to catch up. Once you have a fairly even canopy maintain it by making adjustments. The plant will evenly spread auxins if there are no leading branches poking up.

Make sure to be slow and methodical while tying down as well!

The link to my journal is in my signature, I am starting up my next crop in the veg tent in a week I will be sure to detail a tutorial / walk through now that I know there is some interested people!

Hey thanks man! Honestly it’s only my second grow, and I’m glad I stumbled on this method it is all I have used. It appeals greatly to my OCD lol

A few keys to my success:

Maintain a good amount of light on them from day one to prevent stretching,

Have a plan in mind instead of just tying branches wherever, I picture in my head where each branch will go and try to evenly fill all the spaces, adjusting my ties further down the branch as it grows and bends back upwards to keep them at just a slight incline until they reach the edges of the pot.

When tying down right from the start you want to keep the upper branches at only a slight incline and allow the rest to catch up. Once you have a fairly even canopy maintain it by making adjustments. The plant will evenly spread auxins if there are no leading branches poking up.

Make sure to be slow and methodical while tying down as well!

The link to my journal is in my signature, I am starting up my next crop in the veg tent in a week I will be sure to detail a tutorial / walk through now that I know there is some interested people!

Awsome.. I'll be reading it for sure. Thanks.

The PoG (Puddle of Green) as it is now affectionately known. 12 days since flip. The cabinet is rammed full. Vertical growth seems to have slowed right down. Hopefully stays that way now. Not much headroom left. So many nice plants coming along on this thread right now. Both girls were very thirsty. Candy Kush seems to be further along but the Cream Mandarine put on a spurt recently and got her canopy caught up. She's been a bit squished by the CK bless her.
20190623_201950.jpg
IMG_20190623_201453_DRO.jpg
20190623_201901.jpg
IMG_20190623_201236_DRO.jpg

Love the puddle!

I took the first step in quadlining today and removed nodes one and two of my larger 3 Dinachem seedlings. I will give them a day or two to recover before topping them.

I need some advice from the squad. I have 240W quantum board lights which I think should be able to flower a 2x4 footprint. I plan on only flowering 2 plants in 7 gallon fabric pots and training each plant to have a 2x2 canopy footprint.

Does my plan sound ok?
7141E9AF-8E14-4F4A-9B0E-110857037395.jpeg

Rib :Namaste:

I took the first step in quadlining today and removed nodes one and two of my larger 3 Dinachem seedlings. I will give them a day or two to recover before topping them.

I need some advice from the squad. I have 240W quantum board lights which I think should be able to flower a 2x4 footprint. I plan on only flowering 2 plants in 7 gallon fabric pots and training each plant to have a 2x2 canopy footprint.

Does my plan sound ok?
7141E9AF-8E14-4F4A-9B0E-110857037395.jpeg

Rib :Namaste:
Yep. Sounds like a solid plan. That’s how I did my first grow and it filled the tent quite nicely.

Hey quadsquad can you help me quadline this hybrid in DWC? I don't want to eff it up. obviously pinch off the top, but what else do I cut?

Thanks, Grow on Blaze on :blunt:
edit: you guys can use my fingers as reference points in the last pic. :rofl:
should I cut both of those nodes?

Back
Top Bottom