The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

I can't dm a the pic I edit of urs

D29C50EA-9C2C-4DB8-8944-7B7CFBCDD848~2.jpeg
Exactly correct. But I dont top that soon I let them get 6 nodes then take off the top one and I leave 3 nodes so mine isn't a true quad line but you could just leave 2 nodes in place of leaving 3. Mine is more of a 6 line. I dont like cutting on them that soon and with 3 mains I think I get more bud sites/colas Just my 2 cents. If you do it like you have pictured it will be a proper quadline

Exactly correct. But I dont top that soon I let them get 6 nodes then take off the top one and I leave 3 nodes so mine isn't a true quad line but you could just leave 2 nodes in place of leaving 3. Mine is more of a 6 line. I dont like cutting on them that soon and with 3 mains I think I get more bud sites/colas Just my 2 cents. If you do it like you have pictured it will be a proper quadline
I'm guna try that next make it like a line star with 8 not 4 that's gave me a idea lol all about more bud this first time quadlining and only 3 grow but other 2 were pooo really bar one plant lol

I can't dm a the pic I edit of urs

D29C50EA-9C2C-4DB8-8944-7B7CFBCDD848~2.jpeg
Just cut them then, thought I’d wait it out a couple of days just to be certain :) I topped 2 of them and left 2 of them to see what will happen. Unfortunately in the picture the two on the right are looking slightly droopy, these 2 were at the back of the tent so I’ve pushed them to the front now instead, see what the outcome is over the next day or 2.

07CBCB47-B6AF-4507-82E4-F0D2BF0CF412.jpeg

With quad lining are you supposed to continuously cut the centre root?
Once cut that is it, the wound will heal itself and the nodes left on the plant below the cut will grow out as allowed.
In the pic, it looks like there are only 2 pairs of leaves on the 2 left plants, but at the forks of each leaf/stem is a growing shoot that will become the 'arms' of the plant when trained out laterally.

Once cut that is it, the wound will heal itself and the nodes left on the plant below the cut will grow out as allowed.
In the pic, it looks like there are only 2 pairs of leaves on the 2 left plants, but at the forks of each leaf/stem is a growing shoot that will become the 'arms' of the plant when trained out laterally.
I’ve already topped 2 of mine as shown in the above pics, now This never gets topped again? I feel I may have done this a bit prematurely but perhaps a lesson learned for next time.

I’ve already topped 2 of mine as shown in the above pics, now This never gets topped again? I feel I may have done this a bit prematurely but perhaps a lesson learned for next time.
In my opinion the 2 topped plants look to have been done just fine. Myself, I have generally 'micro topped' by wiggling the centre shoot back and forth above the 4th node when it's no more than an inch long and it just comes away. Some folk prefer to grow them out bigger and take a bigger topping when cut. I tried that this year so I could try and grow out the actually topping, unfortunately my efforts weren't good enough and that failed, but next time I'll probably do the same with the intention of again trying to get the topping to root so I can grow it out.

Here's a pic of one I micro topped last year above the 3rd node, if anything she was smaller that the 2 plants shown when I topped her, originally I was going to flux her and only keep the 3rd node for 2 arms, and then after topping I decided to remove the 1st single blade node and leave the 2nd node on also to instead quadline her. I think there is a lot of leeway for whatever your preferential approach is. They all seem to work fine. :ganjamon:

I done mine really small bro and there doing alright now I got advised to take a few leaves of where little bits of bud guna shoot up and it worked a treat got pic of one I deleaved and one I didnt just veg for bit longer that's what I'm guna do

IMG_20201218_191415.jpg

IMG_20201218_191410.jpg

FD6E4A9D-E71F-418B-90EA-D3D2D725F289.jpeg

this is them as of now. The front left looks like it has some sort of issue. The leaves were curled up on my last photo but they don’t seem to have corrected themselves as of yet. Put the light further up as I thought they might have been a bit too dry and hot but it doesn’t look as if this is the case.

this is them as of now. The front left looks like it has some sort of issue. The leaves were curled up on my last photo but they don’t seem to have corrected themselves as of yet. Put the light further up as I thought they might have been a bit too dry and hot but it doesn’t look as if this is the case.
Check growweedeasy it will help you with problems that u se I look every time now it helped me

B69E116C-1827-4467-8F61-6CAABA00718F.jpeg

so in the photos I’ve had to cut the bottom no off 2 plants as it grew them back over the last few days so we’re still only on 2 nodes each plant however they’re looking a bit tall at the moment, doesn’t seem to be ideal for quad lining a grow?

also I decided to top the 2 remaining plants that I had not topped and have put pictures in this.

I’m not too sure on this method, feel like I’m doing something wrong. Anybody have anything to add to this?

the second picture is of the freshly topped plants I just cut and the bottom 2 are the results of the ones I had previously topped.

4AA55688-EDFB-4A14-BD92-2FCA3A30032B.jpeg

1A98CA61-5D03-438A-A541-D33BDEA5A1DA.jpeg

I don't know what it would be called but I was going try running tight ropes where I want the branch to go and "trellis" them. Anchor near the plant and then run at a slight angle upwards - enough that the plant still thinks it is growing upwards.

so in the photos I’ve had to cut the bottom no off 2 plants as it grew them back over the last few days so we’re still only on 2 nodes each plant however they’re looking a bit tall at the moment, doesn’t seem to be ideal for quad lining a grow?
From the appearance of the right most plant in the top pic, it looks like the bottom 5 nodes have been removed and about 4 nodes above are growing out. So yes that does make the stalk of the plant a bit taller before there is growth, but people lollypop their plants too, so I see no issue with that, if a taller stalk suits you it is not a problem.

Last year I only removed the first node and kept the 2nd and 3rd nodes by topping about the 3rd node, that kept the stalk short and allowed (perhaps) easier tying of the training wire to holes I drilled into the rim of the pots. However a down side was that there became so many training wires tied to the rim that I couldn't access the soil to give a top dressing or add some mulch or water easily etc. This year I have topped a node higher and let the stalk get a little higher to hopefully allow better access to the soil level in the pot.

The other thing to remember is that training can/will slow the plant when it is trained/pruned. Some plants don't bat an eyelid and others will seem to stop growing for a week or so while they recover each time they are topped/pruned/whatever. The more 'fancy' you want to train the plant then most likely the more time you'll need to spend vegging the plant. A past member here (Light Addict) developed a training style he called 'Fluxing' with just 2 arms where he would extensively train all the laterals to branch out horizontally to end up like a big canoe, his plants were spectacular, but to do that he would have to veg them for up to 8 - 9 months! He also did some very nice Quadlined plants before the term had even came about. My point here is that you can do a lot things with pruning and training but you may need to devote more time in veg for the plants to grow into the desired shape you want, so don't be too ambitious if time is against you. One of his plants he was growing for months and then lost it because of a power cut ruined the grow so there can be risk in so much investment into one plant. In case anyone is interested, just for laughs, here's a link to one of his smaller plants.
DSC_0693-1.JPG
And another that he called "The Death Star"
DSCN097512.JPG

I don't know what it would be called but I was going try running tight ropes where I want the branch to go and "trellis" them. Anchor near the plant and then run at a slight angle upwards - enough that the plant still thinks it is growing upwards.
Ropes, training wires, strings, bamboo sticks etc, can all be used. I drill holes in the rims of my pots to attach training wires to. My only concern with using ropes would be in a potentially humid growing environment where rain/watering makes the ropes wet, will that create potential fungal/mould conditions?? I once had a plant that developed a fungal condition where I had used cloth ties on that part of the plant to train it. I wasn't sure but I felt it may have been from the cloth absorbing and holding water that may have contributed to it happening, needless to say, after that I have never used cloth ties again, only plastic or rubber coated wire. It's probably fine but that's my 2 cents of cautiousness about using training tie material that can hold moisture.

Could be overwatered. How often are you watering, how much, how do you decide when to water?

Could be overwatered. How often are you watering, how much, how do you decide when to water?
I water once every day or two depending on how dried out they feel, it just seems weird that it was only the two that have consistently suffered with this issue the whole time. I could not water them for 3-4 days if you think that may be the solution? It looks better since I’ve stopped giving it as much water as the others though to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom