I just measured the heights of my lights from the canopy and they are 31 inches. I don't see them stretching and I don't see them canoeing so I'm guessing this is the correct height? Anybody have any suggestions?

Oldest are 19 days old. The soil is still pretty damp so I won't be watering for another couple days.
Screenshot_20190428-070325_Gallery.jpg
20190428_065615.jpg

Are you just watering the cups?
And you dont water the outside?

If so , you may of Bogged them..in the cups and created a dry area in the rest of the coco thats too dry.
Happens, Ive done it too.... Complete pot bogs for me though.....50litres...hahaha

Those cups were a bad idea mate, plants be booming now without them.
Just being honest with you.
Roots will explode in a new pot, you want no barriers at all.... Free roots...free roots...free roots....
You got a nice tidy area, so I can tell you love ya babies.... You could carefully remove the plants, cut cups off and water the whole pots to run off.
That would,be the proper way to solve the problem. Then dont water again for a week at least....
:ganjamon:

Are you just watering the cups?
And you dont water the outside?

If so , you may of Bogged them..in the cups and created a dry area in the rest of the coco thats too dry.
Happens, Ive done it too.... Complete pot bogs for me though.....50litres...hahaha

Those cups were a bad idea mate, plants be booming now without them.
Just being honest with you.
Roots will explode in a new pot, you want no barriers at all.... Free roots...free roots...free roots....
You got a nice tidy area, so I can tell you love ya babies.... You could carefully remove the plants, cut cups off and water the whole pots to run off.
That would,be the proper way to solve the problem. Then dont water again for a week at least....
:ganjamon:
I have three Durban Poison growing, so I might cut one of the cups and remove it from one of them as a test. If it goes okay I might attempt the other ones

It will go awesome , try not to break too many roots, and they will bounce back in a flash with a nice root treatment, a trich-myco....great white or similiar. Great for transplant shock, lessens it, gets rootzone pumping.

Lowrider, I got off my lazy ass and went in there and removed all the cups with success. A couple of them didn't have a big root system but I got it transferred anyway. I think everything will be okay because it's not like they fell apart in my hand or anyting. There was a couple of roots coming out of the cup but nothing like I expected. I expected I wouldn't even be able to pull the cup out of a soil but it came right out with ease. I guess this is always a learning experience. I try to keep things simple if I can. I don't have any of these root stimulators that you're talkin about.

I think your light height is perfect-they're not stretching at all...They're just looking happy & healthy
I got off my lazy ass
Yeah,I had to do that too-checked the roots on my 2 seedlings,and the solo cups were packed,so I transplanted them to their final 3 gallon homes...not really a big job,but somehow I can make it one :)

I went to a hydro shop today two towns over and bought a quart of General Organics bio root. That was the only thing they had for root stimulation. I was hoping to find the shark stuff, but they didn't have it and neither did Home Depot. In the future I might buy some from Amazon. If anybody thinks I should not use the General Organics bioroot please let me know. I've already mixed up one teaspoon per gallon for a total of 3 and 1/2 gallons and gave each plant a half a gallon drink.

Just use it mate, if ya worried, go half strength, but it is just a bio so just dont go over and you should be fine.
Any root stimulator, myco, thrica, mix will do.
You did the right thing, they would of stalled for ages and been prone to root rot.
In coco you want that explosive root growth in veg....bigger and stronger the roots, the better the plants and buds.

Theres no such thing as mistakes mate... If you learn from them..
:passitleft:

One of the girls leaves were canoeing a little bit so I raise the lights another couple inches from the canopy. So now they're about 33 inches above. Everything is looking good and healthy. Here's a picture update.
The oldest are 22 days old. And it's been 4 days since I removed the Solo cups.
20190502_065806.jpg

They grow up so fast...What a difference 4 days can make!
We'll be calling you "George of the Jungle" pretty soon...they're looking great:goodjob:

They grow up so fast...What a difference 4 days can make!
We'll be calling you "George of the Jungle" pretty soon...they're looking great:goodjob:
It's kind of a double-edged sword. I want them to grow and be healthy produce a lot but on the other hand that closet will get so crowded so fast that it might be doing more harm than good not being able to get light everywhere I need it. I'm going to just play it a day at a time that's all you can do in life anyway. Unfortunately I'm more of a pessimist than an optimist. I have been reading through your Journal and in the future I will try to breed some seeds, but not with this grow. I want to get quite a bit under my belt before I attempt stuff like that. I purchased quite a few seeds so I still have 30 or 35 seeds in the freezer so I'm not in a hurry to get any more.

Yeah,I'm sort of a pessimist also,at least when it comes to things that I'm doing-
It works out OK though-when something good happens,it's always nice,because it usually
isn't how I thought things were going to go...
You may end up just having to "rotate" the plants positions to give them all some time in "the good light"
By the time this grow concludes,you'll have arms like a bodybuilder!

I just walked into my grow room and for the first time smells like marijuana. 23 days old for the oldest plant. It's not an overwhelming smell but I think it's starting

It's going to get "pungent" in there when all 7 of them start to smell...
Like I tell the wife...."but It's a good stink"

It's going to get "pungent" in there when all 7 of them start to smell...
Like I tell the wife...."but It's a good stink"
I don't mind the smell at all. Johnny Law on the hand might.

Back
Top Bottom