Rider509 First Grow - Indoor Soil - White Widow Journal - 2017

I flipped the Gold Leaf to flower on Feb 28. Pistils became visible on March 9th.

Annnnnnnd... drum roll please (or funeral dirge) I found a few amber trichomes tonight on one of the WWs. A little disappointed if I'm being honest, 'cuz I wanted that plant to get fatter. So I guess I'll be harvesting that plant in a couple of days. Now I'm hoping the other two don't follow suite.

Scrogdawg, it's the one that most resembles your plants. I regret not selectively pruning it to create fewer but bigger colas. But hey! We're learning and took our first grows to completion! Although I suppose there's still time for calamity to befall my other two WWs. LOL

The Gold Leaf look like there gonna be huge.

Hows the Ww that was giving you grief a couple weeks ago?

Hahaha, yeah, that GL is out of control! I may have vegged it a bit too long, ya think? :)
It's stretching like crazy now and once the WW is out of the way I'll likely be doing some supercropping to even out the tops. And not so much defoliation but pruning to minimize popcorn nugs and concentrate the plants energies on the best cola sites. Those two plants will very likely fill most of the tent.

And despite the grief the one WW has given me in the end it's likely going to be the best producer.

How are you managing the lights in the tent with both veg and flowering going on?
Because the Autos run on 18 and 6 or 20 and four the feminized plant beside it will continue to grow in veg stage until it gets switch to 12 and 12

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

One of the WWs started showing amber trichomes and nobody wants amber trichomes. A little disappointing yield but then again the plant was only 14" tall and 18" wide.

420-magazine-mobile417953967.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I pulled the 600W HPS and swung the 3590 LEDs over the flowers. Higher ppfd, better coverage, and I can keep the flowers below 78F. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope they keep getting fat for a while before the trichomes start degrading.

420-magazine-mobile1486421316.jpg

1st Harvest!! Congrats :goodjob:

That's true! Thanks, Crash!
To be fair to that plant, some of the buds are big and dense and they were super frosty. Part of the reason I pulled it was to give the other two some breathing room. I had three plants crammed into the space that is now completely filled by the remaining two. More light, more air, more bigger buds, more better. :)

One in the bag, way to go. The other two sure do fill the space up. They're looking good. Was the one you cut the one you were having issues with?

The one I cut was the scrawniest of the three. The one that's coming down Wednesday morning is the one that looks most like yours. The problem child has the biggest buds and is still cranking out goodness.

I'm ready to be done with these autos and soil. Never again. Photos in RDWC all the way. I'm building a new elevated system with a 20gal res using 1 1/2" drain tubes with Uniseals instead of bulkheads, 12 gallon totes for the plants (which allows about 6 gallons under the net pot), drip rings, and much higher flow rates. That way I can screw up a whole lot of plants at once!

OK, never is a long time. Maybe I'll grow the rest of my auto beans outside in the rest of the FFOF soil when the weather is right. Germ 'em, plant 'em, and let 'em go all natural like a stinky hippy chick. But they don't get pHed water. They get the hose!

I pulled the 600W HPS and swung the 3590 LEDs over the flowers. Higher ppfd, better coverage, and I can keep the flowers below 78F. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope they keep getting fat for a while before the trichomes start degrading.

420-magazine-mobile1486421316.jpg

how many days from seed to harvest?

1st Ever Grow - LED - White Widow Auto

Back
Top Bottom