Third Times A Charm They Say

What a brilliant grow space you’ve constructed Korloin, follow and agree with the extract plan. For the carbon filter had you considered something that was the width of the grow space, 4 or 5” deep but quite thin, oval or oblong in cross section, bolted right at the top below the glass, wouldn’t think that would steal much light or bud space.

Love the cupboard!
:thumb:

What a brilliant grow space you’ve constructed Korloin, follow and agree with the extract plan. For the carbon filter had you considered something that was the width of the grow space, 4 or 5” deep but quite thin, oval or oblong in cross section, bolted right at the top below the glass, wouldn’t think that would steal much light or bud space.

Love the cupboard!
:thumb:

Thanks aj!! That's exactly what I'm trying to come up with! I still need to have a round 4" end to couple to the ducting, but that shouldn't be difficult. After all "chicken wire" is pretty maleable. :) Just got to figure out how to not constrict the air flow post carbon.

Nice build, once sealed the upper light cabinet will be like a sealed hood. Are you going to be moving the plants down as they grow, with the light being stationary?
It has been in the 100's where I live and my tent is in the detached garage venting out the top, fan inside tent and it has inlet vents on the bottom all the way around, plants are good but until I get a thermometer not sure what the temp is. When do the plants go in? That will feel good, it did for me .

Thanks again!

Soon it'll be finished. On payday I'll get the socket assembly and lamp. Get the glass and install. Wait a day or two for the sealant to dry and exude any toxins. Then, I think I'm gonna line the interior of the lamp chamber with some flashing or maybe ducting aluminum (fire safety precaution). Then face that with the reflectix (at least above the lamp for better downward reflectivity). Then I think I should be able to finish vegging in the box for another week and begin flowering. :) All said and done, another week at most.

Oh yeah! I'll be moving the plants rather than the light this time. Maybe create some shelving slats or something. Ultimately I'll be trying to scrog with the flowering clone technique Racefan posted of. :)

Very cool Korloin , I know how it is get a piece here and there , but before you know it you have your space up and running. For me I need to build a tray that the water can run off my plants and into after watering so it doesn't go in the tent. The Mrs doesn't like to see extra towels in the laundry.
Where did u pick up your seeds from , if you don't mind me asking. Have been reading a lot and would love to do an inside grow then do one outside in the spring with thof kc brains t n r I have

Very cool Korloin , I know how it is get a piece here and there , but before you know it you have your space up and running. For me I need to build a tray that the water can run off my plants and into after watering so it doesn't go in the tent. The Mrs doesn't like to see extra towels in the laundry.
Where did u pick up your seeds from , if you don't mind me asking. Have been reading a lot and would love to do an inside grow then do one outside in the spring with thof kc brains t n r I have

It's been a pain for sure, but I think I'll be better off in the long run with everyone helping me think things through rather than building wrong and trying to work with it. It's been amazing actually. I feel alot better about the project and my grow confidence has definitely grown because of this experience.

Btw. Thanks for the reminder! I need to set something up for spills as well. :) I've got panda film lining under the floor as a back up, but I'll need something for it to actually...um....backup. lol
I don't mind as long as the Mods don't. :) The breeder for the Drizella is Dynasty and I got them through another breeder who runs a shop. Sannie's. Who gave me the Kush hybrid for free. Got a lot of interesting strains and is discreet.

Hi mate, how are ya?
In my grow space, i just have 3 6" desk fans, 1 mounted to push air across the base of my plant, one in the middle between the light n plant tops, its facing on about a 30*dgree angle up wards and then finally i have the 3rd one above pointing up on a similar angle to help push the hot air out. So it draws in some air thru the bottom and out the top panel thats opened a little.. Did you put sand on top to prevent soil mites?
Hope this may help you, i was going for the comp. fans but IMO theyre too small for my space.
Good luck bro, hope you work sumthin out! And do you have a C99 growing? My current is C99x PR, LST..
Cheers, later.. Smokem.

Hi mate, how are ya?
In my grow space, i just have 3 6" desk fans, 1 mounted to push air across the base of my plant, one in the middle between the light n plant tops, its facing on about a 30*dgree angle up wards and then finally i have the 3rd one above pointing up on a similar angle to help push the hot air out. So it draws in some air thru the bottom and out the top panel thats opened a little..
Hope this may help you, i was going for the comp. fans but IMO theyre too small for my space.

Thanks Smoke! Feeling good and I've got a gig tonight! Great combo for me! :)

I had the 2-80cfm's propped against my intake before I decided it wasn't gonna get any better without a redesign.

I was able to reduce the temps w/ the CFL's down about 10degreesF! (still not enough as It was 110F before I put them in!) So those two definitely move some air, which is why I'm throwing them in w/ the lamp. The other three I'm still not sure about. But they're the same MFG and the same series. But functionally different. I'll be doing some test runs in the grow cab before any of the babe go in.

I'm thinking w/ the lamp isolated they're will be a lot less heat in the grow chamber. My idea for ventilation there is to mount one 65cfm in the wall to draw out. One 65 in front of the carbon filter to draw through and then push through the ducting between it and the first one mounted on the wall.

In this scenario, the filter is below the glass support on the same side as the intake for the lamp, w/ dryer vent ducting going from it, against and around the back wall and snaking again to the opposite wall where the other fan will be mounted near the door.
Basically, from the top down it will look like a U sitting under the glass supports if your are at the door.

If it works I can use the 60cfm to either bring in more air from the intake, or if that's not needed, use it to help circulate. I also have an 8" desk fan that was mounted inside previously, if needed.

Did you put sand on top to prevent soil mites?

Yeah, I had lil' beasties similar to what you described w/ Cindy (I'm subbed and been following your grow.:thumb:). It got rid of them. But now I'm starting to wonder if they're actually beneficial bugs. I built my own soil (not my first try. I've experimented with a few different recipes w/ my outdoor non-canna garden. I think I've got that down pretty good now:bitingnails:) and the lil' Drizella nubbling that popped the other day has them in it's lil' pot. They haven't han any negative impact yet, so I'm letting them go w/ her(?) to see what happens.

And do you have a C99 growing?

The Drizella are a cross between a C99/White Widow Mom and a C99/Romulan F3 Poppa.
(Sativarriffic!!:slide:) And manifest w/ 4 different phenos.

I've always preferred a sativa buzz myself.

The Kush are a lil' experiment Sannie threw together for freebies.

They're a hybrid of Mortabel's StarKush (pre98 Bubba cross apparently) and K.O. Kush (KillaKush/ Heirijuana cross) so I'm hoping for some "knock me on my ass and feel no pain" buds from these!

Here are the Drizzela Pheno's as described by the breeder:

Pheno #1 (25%)- C99 dominance that recessed from the C99/White Widow F1 mom.. Much like the C99 in structure with large pinecone sativa shaped buds, pineapple/tropical fruit smell, and tropical fruit/hazy taste... expect higher yields, 9week bloom time, potent longer lasting effect that starts as an uplifting cerebral and gently eases aches and pain without losing motivation... great for an anti-depressant and mild pain relief during the daytime.

Pheno #2 (25%)- White Widow leaning pheno that is the strongest of the bunch. Buds are slow to form in bloom, not really showing much action until around 3-4weeks but it really blasts off after it starts.. At the beginning of bloom it looks a lot like the mom, but soon bypasses the crystal content and the bud clusters link up to form chunky "foxtail" colas... Lime/spices/vanilla/ and fruit permeate from this beauty, with the high being instantaneously felt between the eyes and slowly moving its way to the back or your head and down to your toes like a "wave effect"... this one finishes between 8-9weeks..

Pheno #3 (30%)- C99/White Widow dom, that is hard to tell apart from the original Mother. Extremely smelly with a lemon lime/skunk/pineapple smell that tickles the nose.. #3 is very resinous and forms bud clusters rather than long colas, but the yield does not suffer.. this one requires minimal trimming due to it's buds forming from top to bottom... The high leans towards the cerebral side, but it's also great pain medicine that calms the most tense nerves.

Pheno #4 (20%)- leaning towards the C99/Romulan F3 dad, this is the fastest finisher of the group that could be harvested at the 8week mark, or slightly before... Sativa high that is very clear and though provoking... tastes range from tropical fruit/vanilla/spicy skunk the buds become very compact when ripe, and it's also typical for the leaves to curl upward when it's close to being ripe.

Cindy still perked up?

Ahh you got them local then , thought they might have been on one of the seed sights. May have to stop by some of my local collectives and look there is one in san fransisco that has seeds as well from a few places. I have a friend that likes to clone , may hit him up next grow.
Everyone keeps telling me it is just a weed why does it need anything special, there is a lot more to it though but that is also part of the joy of growing our own, and we learn a little more each grow. Can't wait to see pics when the room is done.

Ahh you got them local then , thought they might have been on one of the seed sights. May have to stop by some of my local collectives and look there is one in san fransisco that has seeds as well from a few places. I have a friend that likes to clone , may hit him up next grow.
Everyone keeps telling me it is just a weed why does it need anything special, there is a lot more to it though but that is also part of the joy of growing our own, and we learn a little more each grow. Can't wait to see pics when the room is done.

Dynasty is in the states, but Sannie is Dutch. I got 'em from Sannie.

Yeah bro, Cindy s doing ok for now bro:) Thanks for asking!
And about the mites, they are a beneficial type in the fact they break down dead leaf material and such in the soil, but given large enough numbers apparently will possibly feed on roots. Tho i think this only applies to some of the soil mite species?? I have a few since adding the Humus soil. None before that, so yeah theyre good in ways, they just creep me out as theyre so hard to see i m paranoid theyre crawling on me!! They probably are:) Ugly things mate..Evil!!
But they arent spider mites, which im thankful for!! Im thinkin of some sil on top also, it may not wipe em all out, so you may still have larvae growing depends how long you had soilon top for, but there may still be some there mate!
Good info on C99 im hopin my 2 blends will produce well.. Fingers crossed.
Cheers for following my journal:thumb: Means alot.. Later bro, any questions or anything, fire away!!
SMOKEMUP;)

Yeah bro, Cindy s doing ok for now bro:) Thanks for asking!
And about the mites, they are a beneficial type in the fact they break down dead leaf material and such in the soil, but given large enough numbers apparently will possibly feed on roots. Tho i think this only applies to some of the soil mite species?? I have a few since adding the Humus soil. None before that, so yeah theyre good in ways, they just creep me out as theyre so hard to see i m paranoid theyre crawling on me!! They probably are:) Ugly things mate..Evil!!
But they arent spider mites, which im thankful for!! Im thinkin of some sil on top also, it may not wipe em all out, so you may still have larvae growing depends how long you had soilon top for, but there may still be some there mate!
Good info on C99 im hopin my 2 blends will produce well.. Fingers crossed.
Cheers for following my journal:thumb: Means alot.. Later bro, any questions or anything, fire away!!
SMOKEMUP;)

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

Hope the gig goes well bro!!! Have a good one!!
catch ya, Smokem..

Great gig last night! Kicked it out, sold some merch and the touring band got a nice lil' payout to get them through to the next gig. (Band karma lesson #1 - If you're hosting a touring band in your town and you pay yourself at the end of the evening, you're a dick. You'll get paid back in the future tenfold by just eating a show and making someone on the roads day.:))

While I was in the green room, I was surfing the forum and stumbled across this thread!

Got up @ 10am and set my timer! Dark period will start @ 7:30am! I've been seeing some pretty good results with this as I've been researching today! And since I'm using the cfl's for vegging right now, any boost for growth I can muster will help1 And damned if this isn't easier than trying to mix 1/8-1/4 strength nutes in a 16oz sprey bottle!:)

Very well said, always nice to keep them passing through more than once, that is where the payout starts . Very good of you . You will have to check out OG1969'S journal , a nononsense journal, just light, fan, and plants. Diesnt get any simpler than that.

Thanks OG!! It's very true. The karma follows you and evens everything out. :)

Gonna go check your journal now. I'm pretty excited about this Gas Light method. Question. Since I'll be using a digital ballast for my hid, I shouldn't have to worry as much about burning out an igniter with too many ignition cycles, do I?

Thanks OG!! It's very true. The karma follows you and evens everything out. :)

Gonna go check your journal now. I'm pretty excited about this Gas Light method. Question. Since I'll be using a digital ballast for my hid, I shouldn't have to worry as much about burning out an igniter with too many ignition cycles, do I?

Fuzzy Duck was kind enough to send me a great link for this Korloin, will send it to you now.

Hey Kor, Sorry i didn't get back to you any sooner - Been having some computer troubles, Bad news dude - Computer Packed up and had a wobble, So now i'm trying to quickly burn Linux onto a USB pen so i can use that as my Temp HDD, Fingers crossed! ^_^

In other news however, The 2 Bubblegums i have, Are HUGE dude - Im gonna try get a camera tomorrow to get some pictures up, I'm so proud, the Other Two Kush that the cats got into though, Well - I'm not sure - They've grown but they're not looking healthy at all - Gonna have to get some pictures up about that anyway, Still growing aswell.. I'll catch you either tonight or hopefullly tomorrow when everythings been sorted with the computer!

Remember that heat rises. So the coolest air available is going to be low. Put your intakes low, exhaust high. That forces flow up through the chamber and helps fight areas of no air movement.

Not sure if we've resolved this yet - But it stood out to me - Definatley great advice here dude, Due to the lower temprature up here in the uk we're alright in the way of keeping temprature down - My hardest challenge is keeping the tempratures high enough, I've got one Passive fan just below the back of my light pushing hot air from the rear end up, whilst leaving the bulbs heat radiate around the plants.

Kor' If your Grow area is kept at a decent temp then your best bet is to just stick to the plan of having the intake Taking air from the Grow area, But then having another fan Pushing clean air in towards the bulb next to that, then your Out-take wants to be above/behind the Ballast of the light ensuring all that heat is being removed.. Remember that the light bulb Needs to stay cool if your running it over 14 hours, I'm sticking to the 24hour cycle and haven't had any problems yet with just pushing out the heat and letting it circulate, Their's two airducts in the wall but no fans sucking or pushing - The bottom ones covered by a little bit of paper to stop cold air coming in to fast.. But yeah, No problems - Ill have pictures up soon anyway dude, It's Awessome to be back

Again however, If the Grow rooms overheating, As heirloom stated I'd probably stick another intake lower pulling air in as not to circulate it too much. Remember it's only supposed to be like a breeze, Not gale force winds >_<

But hell man, If this is resolved get some pictures up - always nice to see whats working and whats not :p

Due to the lower temprature up here in the uk we're alright in the way of keeping temprature down - My hardest challenge is keeping the tempratures high enough, I've got one Passive fan just below the back of my light pushing hot air from the rear end up, whilst leaving the bulbs heat radiate around the plants.

Kor' If your Grow area is kept at a decent temp then your best bet is to just stick to the plan of having the intake Taking air from the Grow area, But then having another fan Pushing clean air in towards the bulb next to that, then your Out-take wants to be above/behind the Ballast of the light ensuring all that heat is being removed.. Remember that the light bulb Needs to stay cool if your running it over 14 hours, I'm sticking to the 24hour cycle and haven't had any problems yet with just pushing out the heat and letting it circulate, Their's two airducts in the wall but no fans sucking or pushing - The bottom ones covered by a little bit of paper to stop cold air coming in to fast.. But yeah, No problems - Ill have pictures up soon anyway dude, It's Awessome to be back

Again however, If the Grow rooms overheating, As heirloom stated I'd probably stick another intake lower pulling air in as not to circulate it too much. Remember it's only supposed to be like a breeze, Not gale force winds >_<

Gulp.... definitely something wrong with my set up then lol.

Thanks for posting this Outspoken...it's help to me as well!

Back
Top Bottom