Thrip Problem In Flowering Stage

showstpr

Hey folks, well I'm in my 4th week of flowering and noticed an issue on my leaves.

After inspection I found Thrips on the bottom of some leaves, there's barely any but I know how quickly they can become a problem.

I went out and got some Monterey Garden Insect Spray ( Spinosad) to kill them off, but my worry is the buds. It would take ages for me to individually do each leaf and not get any on the buds. I have read that it's fairly safe to spray on the buds since its organic? I just want to double check before I ruin my crop. Any other recommendations?

The problem with spraying the buds is that if you get them wet inside it will make them mold. Spinosad is fine and wont harm you (you could even drink it) but the moisture in the buds is what you need to be careful of.

Diatomaceous earth around the base of the stalk and on the bottom of the main stalk will help kill them as well.

Don't they have to actually walk across the Diatomaceous earth for it to be effective? I thought thrips live and reproduce under the leaves?

You are thinking of spider mites.

Thrips are born in the soil and in their early stages crawl up the stalk of the plant to go feed on the leaves.

Monterey Garden Insect Spray is safe at week 4 for your buds. I also did Sierra Science 203 soil drench the day before I sprayed last time. Was amazed at how they all went away. I wasn't in flower at last spray but the 4 week info comes from one who has been there and reported back with great success.

Spray now - everything. Mold could be a problem depending on how dense the flowers are right now, the amount of humidity, and air movement. Probably not an issue, but...

Back
Top Bottom