Timmy Haha's First DWC C4 Auto Grow Journal - 2016

But you could still germ them anywhere. All you need to germ is a screw in cfl bulb and a space to put it. I germ some in my closet on the shelf

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Hey Cannoisseuras! Yea, unfortunately I don't have any space anywhere else to do the drying. The tent will be the best because I can keep it closed up and have the clip-on fan blowing gently around the space. The temp should be a nice 62-68F without the light on. (My apartment literally doesn't have any closet space except a small bedroom one and the basement space is shared with the landlord who lives above me and doesn't know I'm growing. Even though it's legal here, landlords can still refuse to allow it. If she doesn't know, she can't say no! LOL)

Luckily I do have a separate spot for germinating under my original CFL light. But it'll only be about 7 days before I have to put it in the net pot in the tent. That's why I won't start germinating until next week when the drying begins.

I have to say, I'm loving the smoke of this C4 so far!! I can't wait until it's dried and cured properly!! Wish I had another bean of this strain to grow....

Happy toking folks!!
:tokin:

Congrats Timmy!

You're girls ready to put out a bit ahead of me. My trichs are still half and half on the cloudy/clear ratio. I'm thinking I have three more weeks til harvest.

Any guesses as to what you'll yield? Hopefully it's enough to tide you over until your next harvest!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm practicing DWC gonna try it on my next grow. This is my indoor salad garden I'm working on..
IMG_674610.JPG

Nice! I have Boston pickling cucumber, tiny Tim cherry tomato, black beauty zucchini, and kale going right now and have 4 more spots for 5gall buckets gonna do lettuce and prob bell pepper haven't decided what else maybe some different lettuces. Will try to hang some herbs on the 2 end walls some how. I wanna do a perpetual salad garden. I'm moving in the next few months is why I haven't started more MJ but that's coming after the move and will do another journal. Planning on a side by side soil/DWC grow next

Congrats Timmy!

You're girls ready to put out a bit ahead of me. My trichs are still half and half on the cloudy/clear ratio. I'm thinking I have three more weeks til harvest.

Any guesses as to what you'll yield? Hopefully it's enough to tide you over until your next harvest!

Cheers

Yea I'm about two weeks ahead so far, JM. I'm not surprised though. The description of the bean I got said 8 week flower and I'm currently on week 12. So if you go by conventional wisdom of adding at least 2 weeks on to the breeder estimation of flower, I'm probably right on time. I'll be harvesting next Thursday, which will be Day 87 and mid-way through Week 13.

As for yield, no idea. I snipped a smallish stem with two buds on it last weekend and weighed in wet at 5.17g and after three days of drying it was 1.24g. So it loses about 76% of volume. I think I might be happy if I end up with 2oz dry? Unfortunately not enough to tide me over to another harvest, but we'll see....

You're in the homestretch! I'm excited for you! You have any new pics? Bet those buds are getting fat!

I don't have any new pics of buds or anything, but I took some more closeups of the trichs. I'll post them in a separate message next. Tomorrow I'll take some of the full girl when I have her out of the tent for her final flush/water change!

Day 81 Update

Well, we're entering the final homestretch!!! I plan on harvesting next Thursday, March 16th. I'm just finishing the first week of flush using the Flawless Finish from AN. Tomorrow I'll change the water with just plain water and let her ride for 6 days until harvest time!!!

First let me show you the latest close-ups. I took these just a half hour ago after I snipped another small bud from the center.

Day_81_pics_002.JPG

Day_81_pics_003.JPG

Day_81_pics_006.JPG

I think we can pretty much agree we're ready!!! I can't believe it!

But here's the weird thing - I'm feeling so guilty watching my girl starve herself to death. :sorry:

It's the first time I've ever grown a plant and then purposely killed it, so I'm feeling sad every time I see her. But the buds are definitely making me happy!

Hey, is it normal for the buds to suddenly be sending out new growth? I've noticed over the last week since starting the flush that it seems some of the buds are spitting out some new shoots and pistils. I hope I didn't start the flush too soon now....

Anyway, what's done is done. Like I said, tomorrow will be the final water change with just plain water. Thursday evening after work I'll do the harvest and hang it in the tent to dry. This works out well because I have to go out of town next weekend and it'll be a perfect time to go while my harvest dries for 3-7 days. I'll also start my next bean in a rapid rooter and set that up in the humidity dome on a heating pad so it can sit quietly for a few days while I'm gone. Hopefully when I return I'll have a new sprout and some dried weed to cure!

Now I have to go do some serious research on proper drying and curing techniques. Does anyone have suggestions on how they've done it that you'd like to share? Would love to hear any tips and tricks....

Peace out, kids, and happy Friday!!
:circle-of-love:

Day 81 Update

Well, we're entering the final homestretch!!! I plan on harvesting next Thursday, March 16th. I'm just finishing the first week of flush using the Flawless Finish from AN. Tomorrow I'll change the water with just plain water and let her ride for 6 days until harvest time!!!

First let me show you the latest close-ups. I took these just a half hour ago after I snipped another small bud from the center.

Day_81_pics_002.JPG

Day_81_pics_003.JPG

Day_81_pics_006.JPG

I think we can pretty much agree we're ready!!! I can't believe it!

But here's the weird thing - I'm feeling so guilty watching my girl starve herself to death. :sorry:

It's the first time I've ever grown a plant and then purposely killed it, so I'm feeling sad every time I see her. But the buds are definitely making me happy!

Hey, is it normal for the buds to suddenly be sending out new growth? I've noticed over the last week since starting the flush that it seems some of the buds are spitting out some new shoots and pistils. I hope I didn't start the flush too soon now....

Anyway, what's done is done. Like I said, tomorrow will be the final water change with just plain water. Thursday evening after work I'll do the harvest and hang it in the tent to dry. This works out well because I have to go out of town next weekend and it'll be a perfect time to go while my harvest dries for 3-7 days. I'll also start my next bean in a rapid rooter and set that up in the humidity dome on a heating pad so it can sit quietly for a few days while I'm gone. Hopefully when I return I'll have a new sprout and some dried weed to cure!

Now I have to go do some serious research on proper drying and curing techniques. Does anyone have suggestions on how they've done it that you'd like to share? Would love to hear any tips and tricks....

Peace out, kids, and happy Friday!!
:circle-of-love:

So I'm not sure if you know the Jungle Boys, but the grow some of the best weed on the planet. They have a really good episode of marijuana mania and they said the best dry is two weeks at 60 degrees and 60% rH. Then you toss it in a jar with boveda and let it ride. No burping needed. I'd still roll the jars tho to flip the nugs and keep it loose.

I know that is a really long torturous wait once you've harvested, but I've put so much work into up until now, why not put a little bit more to get the best product possible?

I'be seen others saying temps in the 60s and humidity around 50 for 3-5 days. Just chop and hang the entire plant. Leave or remove the fan leaves - doesn't matter, but save trimming for after the dry.

Good luck man!

Harvest Update

:party::party::party:

Can't believe I'm at the end of my first grow! Considering it was a test case and I had a couple of problems to deal with, I'm pretty happy with my first harvest.

As planned, I took the trimmers in hand last Thursday, 3/16/17. This was on Day 87 from sprout and exactly 90 days from date of germination on December 16, 2016. Here's how she looked before the "trimming":

Day_87_pics_003.JPG

Day_87_pics_004.JPG

After the dust settled, here are some pictures of my final buds:

Day_87_pics_005.JPG

Day_87_pics_006.JPG

Certainly not as impressive as I've seen many other first harvests, but still it's a nice feeling of accomplishment and I'm looking forward to smoking my own home-grown stuff and not spending money on weed for a couple of months!

As for wet weight, I got 11.11 oz (314.96 grams). It's still all drying and I expect to begin jarring it in another couple of days, which would put my drying time at 6-7 days. Jars are ready to go as are the boveda packs!

I'll do a final dry weight at the time of curing and will have one more post to share. For now, thanks for following along on my journey everyone. I appreciate all the useful feedback, comments, and help I received.

You're all superstars!!!!
:circle-of-love: :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom