Tiny Hydroponics Experiment

ChiDude

I’ve never grown in hydroponics before. I want to learn on a smaller scale. So I’ve come up with this little thing.
I’ve also never grown an auto-flower so I will be trying both for the first time. My goal isn’t a huge yield or anything serious. Just want to see what I come up with. I won’t be topping or any training. Just au naturale lol. I have a nutrient set, a small bottle of CalMag, and a bottle of pH down.
I have a Royal Cheese soil grow in my small DIY grow cabinet currently that I just flipped to flower. The description said it will finish quickly (7-8 weeks) so when she is done I will start this experiment with Orion F1 Auto under a 600w LED.
Hoping it will be fun and educational for me. I just wanted to share my idea and appreciate any information or input.

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0823.jpeg

IMG_0843.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg

I’ve never grown in hydroponics before. I want to learn on a smaller scale. So I’ve come up with this little thing.
I’ve also never grown an auto-flower so I will be trying both for the first time. My goal isn’t a huge yield or anything serious. Just want to see what I come up with. I won’t be topping or any training. Just au naturale lol. I have a nutrient set, a small bottle of CalMag, and a bottle of pH down.
I have a Royal Cheese soil grow in my small DIY grow cabinet currently that I just flipped to flower. The description said it will finish quickly (7-8 weeks) so when she is done I will start this experiment with Orion F1 Auto under a 600w LED.
Hoping it will be fun and educational for me. I just wanted to share my idea and appreciate any information or input.

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0823.jpeg

IMG_0843.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg
Good luck neighbor and if you don’t mind I’ll be checking in on your progress. Happy growing in the County of Cook. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m hoping I can learn how to do this correctly. I have to wait on that Royal Cheese to get done so I’ve got time to research and whatnot.
@gwhunran grows hydro and has very impressive results. I’m too lazy to setup something like that and just use soil. I do like the results and following the grows. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0823.jpeg

IMG_0843.jpeg

Clay pebbles
I meant in terms of getting the seed started and rooted. I have some River stones as a medium, I’m just now sure how to go about getting the seed sprouted in a hydro setting. I can’t just place the seed in the middle of clay pebbles or stones can I?

I’m wondering how I can germinate and sprout the seed without rock wool? I’m only doing this little experiment so I can’t really justify buying a whole brick of 1 inch cubes
I use a rooter plug and than use river rock!

B9A6A55F-7707-4476-9E0F-AAEA82BC5BA9.jpeg

B3710EFC-FE73-4B0A-B156-C47252D2BCDB.jpeg

That’s what I’m curious about. How small of a space can a plant do well in.

I’m wondering how I can germinate and sprout the seed without rock wool? I’m only doing this little experiment so I can’t really justify buying a whole brick of 1 inch cubes
Sprout it in a paper towel give it an extra day and let the root get a little longer put it in a neoprene collar and keep the root wet enough to takeoff.

Sprout it in a paper towel give it an extra day and let the root get a little longer put it in a neoprene collar and keep the root wet enough to takeoff.
Would a little piece of a sponge work as a rooter? I refuse to buy a full package of root plugs or rock wool for one plant.

Back
Top Bottom