Tonks' First Grow - Auto White Widow - Big Bud - & AK47 In Coco HPS

22 July Update

I'm back home! And holy crapballs, there's like a forest of weed now. Lupin has been a great plant parent in my absence.

Luna, Nancy, and Bruce are all about the same height atm. I'm really surprised by the amount of bud sites considering I did 0 training. There is a big distance between the top buds and the lower ones, understandably since there was no LST. But I still think they'll turn out pretty good for a first grow. Here's some pics :D

22JUL_three_2.jpg

22JUL_three_1.jpg

Nancy and Luna
22JUL_Nanc_and_Luna.jpg

Bruce Buffer the Big Bud
22JUL_Bruce.jpg

I'm still leaning towards thinking Nancy is the other Big Bud, Luna is the White Widow Max, and Chip is the AK47 since they're sposed to stay smaller. But who the hell knows.

Chip has been trouble since the pre-flowering started, so sensitive. However the clawing hasn't gotten any worse since 3 weeks ago and I guess we can't fix what already happened, so I don't think I need to do anything different... feel free to correct me!

22_JUL_Chip.jpg

She stopped growing upwards a day or two ago, just waiting for the other younger girls to stop so I can change out the MH globe for the HPS. Lupin started adding the MonstaBud about 5 days ago and the girls seems to love it!

I also got paid out all my leave from my last job, and used some of that to go on an ebay shopping spree. Within the week I should have a tent and various other supplies so I'll make another update when I'm set up! :D

How long were you away for? And they do certainly grow extremely fast!!

Cheers fellas! I'm starting to get pretty excited :D

"How long were you away for? And they do certainly grow extremely fast!! "
Two weeks! Lupin sent me some pics to update the journal while I was gone though, hence the 22July Update :D When I left they were tiny little plants :p

22 July Update

I'm back home! And holy crapballs, there's like a forest of weed now. Lupin has been a great plant parent in my absence.

Luna, Nancy, and Bruce are all about the same height atm. I'm really surprised by the amount of bud sites considering I did 0 training. There is a big distance between the top buds and the lower ones, understandably since there was no LST. But I still think they'll turn out pretty good for a first grow. Here's some pics :D

22JUL_three_2.jpg

22JUL_three_1.jpg

Nancy and Luna
22JUL_Nanc_and_Luna.jpg

Bruce Buffer the Big Bud
22JUL_Bruce.jpg

I'm still leaning towards thinking Nancy is the other Big Bud, Luna is the White Widow Max, and Chip is the AK47 since they're sposed to stay smaller. But who the hell knows.

Chip has been trouble since the pre-flowering started, so sensitive. However the clawing hasn't gotten any worse since 3 weeks ago and I guess we can't fix what already happened, so I don't think I need to do anything different... feel free to correct me!

22_JUL_Chip.jpg

She stopped growing upwards a day or two ago, just waiting for the other younger girls to stop so I can change out the MH globe for the HPS. Lupin started adding the MonstaBud about 5 days ago and the girls seems to love it!

I also got paid out all my leave from my last job, and used some of that to go on an ebay shopping spree. Within the week I should have a tent and various other supplies so I'll make another update when I'm set up! :D
Subbed looks great keep up the good work check out my journal my new afghan kush and flowerimg mother its perpetual so 200 pgs of beauty

1 August Update - 7 Weeks from Seed

Morning all!

Things have progressed a fair bit, getting towards the pointy end of things. I got my tent a week ago, here she was in all her glory!

25JUL_Tent.jpg

25JUL_Tent2.jpg

I love my tent. I also love my carbon filter. Makes soooo much difference!

Anywho, bad news first. I think I killed Bruce Buffer the Big Bud. The bastard just wouldn't stop growing up into the light! Long after the other girls stopped he just kept getting bigger. I was not prepared for this, should have done some ore rearranging to get him down lower while leaving the others at the right height. Sigh. Live and learn.

Bruce 31 July.
31JUL_Bruce2.jpg

He looks so sad.
31JUL_Bruce1.jpg

I figure I'll just keep on keeping on and see how he turns out anyway. For science.

On to the good news! :D I've rethought my guesses on what strains I have going on, mainly based on Luna going mental in her flowering stretch and ruining my theory. What a ho. Luna is a bit behind the others, but she still pretty.

Luna 31 July - I now think she's the other Big Bud Auto.

31JUL_Luna3.jpg
31JUL_Luna1.jpg
31JUL_Luna2.jpg

Nancy is coming along really nicely, I reckon she's the White Widow Max Auto.

31JUL_Nancy1.jpg

31JUL_Nancy2.jpg

And last we have Chip, who I still think is the AK47. She's so awesome.

31JUL_Chip2.jpg
31JUL_Chip1.jpg

Those are my girls! Sad about Bruce, but can't win em all. And Chip makes me happy so it all evens out. :cheer:

10 July Update

Sadly tragedy has struck! I've lost both my Big Buds :(

I think having them in such small pots (4L) for a plant that gets so big really screwed the whole thing up. Bruce had been a lost cause for a while, he was upset early on and just ever got any bulk happening with the flowers. Also he was STILL getting taller! Luna was doing really well until two days ago. Just after my last post I switched from Pure Water to tap water. I left each bucket out for 48 hours to evaporate off anything nasty, and the EC had no reading on my meter which starts at 0.2. So I thought it would be ok - was just getting really sick of buying the heavy boxes of water every couple of days.

Anywho it seemed to be going fine for a couple of days, til Luna died overnight. Like, literally overnight. She looked perfectly healthy then the next morning all her leaves crumbled at a touch. Sigh. I tried to nurse her through it, obviously switched back to the pure water and gave everyone a nice flush (Chip has started to yellow also and Nancy had a bit of tip burn) then eased the nutes back in. But no dice, and tbh even if she did recover the yields would be shithouse. SO in a very cathartic move I dumped Bruce and Luna. Gonna make some cannabutter out of them I think! Hopefully they wont be entirely useless.

Luna, just casually breaking my heart.
Luna_07JUL.jpg

Bruce
BRUCE_07JUL.jpg

And yes, I have now ordered an RO filter so this doesn't happen again. :p No idea why I didn't do that earlier, guess I thought they'd be more expensive than $200. Live and learn!

Chip and Nancy are both doing great! I had to stake Chip cause he's all wobbly which is cool. :D I've started his final flush - trichomes are looking cloudy but still lots of white pistils. I really have no idea when to start Nancy's flush - maybe on Sunday when she's 9 weeks from seed?

Nancy
Nancy_07JUL_1.jpg

Nancy again
Nancy_07JUL_2.jpg

Chip
Chip_07JUL.jpg

P.S I've started my next grow now that Bruce and Luna are out of the way. 3 x 11L fabric pots this time, MSNL autos - White LSD, Caramelicious, and Lemon OG.

Crap! That sucks! :(
Did you check the roots? Were they rootbound?

Yeah mate, both of em were quite badly rootbound. :( All thanks to the terrible advice lady at the local hydro. Said I wouldn't need pots any bigger than the 4L ones. My new ones on 11L fabric pots should be ok though!

Got about a week left til I can harvest I think. Chip and Nancy haven't changed much in the last week, but I'm flushing them both now.

Yeah I would think that 4L pots would be too small. I am having issues with my 2 gallon smart pots now that my clones have grown so big. I will be transplanting up to bigger pots, probably 5 gallon.

Yeah I'm starting to think 5 gallon might be my next shop. Can't hurt to go bigger!

I think I might have to harvest Chip a little earlier than I intended - he may be having root issues too. When I water him now it seems to go straight through, starts pouring out of the bottom really quickly. :( I'll try to get a pic up later today, my phone is having camera issues. Some of the buds are fairly orange but mostly still white pistils. Trichomes are cloudy from what I can tell with my microscope.

Harvest :D

Sorry for the delays, been crazy busy round here!

Both my surviving girls have now been harvested and the yields are in:
'Chip' Auto AK47 2.8 ounces
'Nancy' White Widow Max Auto 4 ounces

Really happy with those numbers considering all the environmental issues and the teeny pots. However they got seriously overdried, the humidity has been soooo low lately that even with the humidifier I'm struggling to keep it above 30%. Winter just won't bugger off! I've got the Boveda 62% packs in the jars now while they're curing so hopefully will help. And it's still better smoke than anything I've ever bought so I really can't complain! :D Here are many pics.

Harvest411.jpg

Harvest221.jpg

Harvest314.jpg

Harvest119.jpg

Harvest63.jpg

Harvest57.jpg

Harvest72.jpg

My new grow is already looking 10 times better than this one was at the same time period so I'm stoked to see how the next lot turn out!

Harvest :D

Sorry for the delays, been crazy busy round here!

Both my surviving girls have now been harvested and the yields are in:
'Chip' Auto AK47 2.8 ounces
'Nancy' White Widow Max Auto 4 ounces

Really happy with those numbers considering all the environmental issues and the teeny pots. However they got seriously overdried, the humidity has been soooo low lately that even with the humidifier I'm struggling to keep it above 30%. Winter just won't bugger off! I've got the Boveda 62% packs in the jars now while they're curing so hopefully will help. And it's still better smoke than anything I've ever bought so I really can't complain! :D Here are many pics.

Harvest411.jpg

Harvest221.jpg

Harvest314.jpg

Harvest119.jpg

Harvest63.jpg

Harvest57.jpg

Harvest72.jpg

My new grow is already looking 10 times better than this one was at the same time period so I'm stoked to see how the next lot turn out!

Excellent harvest! Like the presentation....looks similar to mine!

20170808_154214.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom