Too Often Asked, But How Long Do I Have Left?

bigboerboel

Help from the experts please? How long do I have left?

All the trichs are cloudy now, but only a few amber out on leaf ends. Granddaddy Purple feminized seeds. Started showing white hairs on July 24.

Should I start cutting back on nutes now? I'm not going to flush, just stop nitrogen and Cal-Mag completely and cut the flower nutes by 75%.

20220903_080932.jpg

20220903_081004.jpg

20220903_090457.jpg

All the trichs are cloudy now, but only a few amber out on leaf ends. Granddaddy Purple feminized seeds. Started showing white hairs on July 24.

Should I start cutting back on nutes now? I'm not going to flush, just stop nitrogen and Cal-Mag completely and cut the flower nutes by 75%.

20220903_080932.jpg

20220903_081004.jpg

20220903_090457.jpg
Those look.great sweet.coloas

Looks like she still has a couple weeks to go, judging by the pistils.
Are you checking the trichomes on the calyxes or on the sugar leaves?
The ones on the calyxes are what you want to keep an eye on.
Edit: She really does look great!

No idea how long you have left but I hope you a long, successful and happy life.;) As to the time left for the plant to mature it is several weeks by the looks of the trichomes. Outside plants react a bit differently than indoor plants so I am going to go with 3 weeks, maybe 4.

Can't tell if the plant in the photo is in a pot but the photos in your other threads show them in the ground and not in pots. No point in worrying about flushing a grown directly in the ground plant. Use the nutrients right up to the last scheduled day before the harvest. Stopping what fertilizers you are using will not stop the plant from pulling Nitrogen or any other nutrient it needs from the soil.

The roots on the plant grown in the ground probably go 3 to 5 feet out from the stem so about 6 to 10 feet across. That is a lot of soil to have to flush and it just will not work the way it does in a closed environment like a 5 gallon pot of soil.

No idea how long you have left but I hope you a long, successful and happy life.;) As to the time left for the plant to mature it is several weeks by the looks of the trichomes. Outside plants react a bit differently than indoor plants so I am going to go with 3 weeks, maybe 4.

Can't tell if the plant in the photo is in a pot but the photos in your other threads show them in the ground and not in pots. No point in worrying about flushing a grown directly in the ground plant. Use the nutrients right up to the last scheduled day before the harvest. Stopping what fertilizers you are using will not stop the plant from pulling Nitrogen or any other nutrient it needs from the soil.

The roots on the plant grown in the ground probably go 3 to 5 feet out from the stem so about 6 to 10 feet across. That is a lot of soil to have to flush and it just will not work the way it does in a closed environment like a 5 gallon pot of soil.
Thanks Smoking Wings for taking the time to reply in detail. The plants are in the ground with probably 50 gal holes filled with FFOF and the soil around the holes is very good with good drainage. Advice from you and others and I agree flushing is pointless. Nutes til the end!

I start week 8 tomorrow. I'm going to go through 10 I think...if this tropical storm coming up from Baja Mexico doesn't knock everything down.

Edit: BTW, I'm in my mid-60's, drink whisky, and smoke cigars. I'm just hoping to live long enough to harvest these d@mned princesses.

Shoot I am a newbie here like big time, though I do have a bit of common sense. So I would like to possibly tag along on this thread and say hey what do you think about mine. Living in coastal North Carolina in the Cape Hatteras region and I think I have maybe five weeks left to go, however I’m only basing this on our typical climate. In about two more weeks I’m going to start switching to a higher K value mixture and run that a couple weeks and then flush. Judging by what my plants look like, would you mind throwing a comment out there? Appreciate all the advice and I’m trying to do this mainly on my own but appreciate everything y’all done!
B6C527B0-4ACB-4E7E-AE26-177D033F6822.jpeg
4F885232-9E9C-4484-AA26-4B6D70032CB8.jpeg
9B8B95EC-A6AE-41B6-9BE9-AFF9342A8C8C.jpeg

Living in coastal North Carolina in the Cape Hatteras region and I think I have maybe five weeks left to go, however I’m only basing this on our typical climate. In about two more weeks I’m going to start switching to a higher K value mixture and run that a couple weeks and then flush.
You can start using more Potassium now. No need to wait a couple more weeks. That particular nutrient is good for overall plant health. The way I see it, why not have it in the soil so the plant can start to make use of it as soon as possible.

I do not worry about flushing nutrients out of the pots of soil but I understand how the process is supposed to work.

I am not sure how it can be done for a plant that is growing in the ground. How much water would be needed to flush any nutrients out of the soil that all the roots have grown into? Even after pouring on 100s of gallons of water and clearing some of the soil the micro-organisms will move right back in and within hours the levels of N-P-K will have already started going back up.

Shoot I am a newbie here like big time, though I do have a bit of common sense. So I would like to possibly tag along on this thread and say hey what do you think about mine. Living in coastal North Carolina in the Cape Hatteras region and I think I have maybe five weeks left to go, however I’m only basing this on our typical climate. In about two more weeks I’m going to start switching to a higher K value mixture and run that a couple weeks and then flush. Judging by what my plants look like, would you mind throwing a comment out there? Appreciate all the advice and I’m trying to do this mainly on my own but appreciate everything y’all done!
B6C527B0-4ACB-4E7E-AE26-177D033F6822.jpeg
4F885232-9E9C-4484-AA26-4B6D70032CB8.jpeg
9B8B95EC-A6AE-41B6-9BE9-AFF9342A8C8C.jpeg
She's looking great still have long ways to go

So, like I said I am new, flushing is not required for outdoors? I have good top soil on top of coastal sand that drains well. I am thinking after the earlier comment that it is probablt not going to be needed. I do live in a wet fall sometimes.
Unless I'm trying to fix a nutrient excess I don't flush. I also don't stop feeding before harvest.
It's not needed, and is impossible in the ground.

Hey @radrichie61, I notice you already have a thread going for your grow, so what we commonly do when we'd like input from others is "tag" them in our threads, like I have done here for you... use "@" followed by the member's name.

Back
Top Bottom