Trala’s Tent: Lucky Edition

Lucky Love :love: :love: :love:

Day 36 of flower

I think this plant is quite simply extraordinary. To think how close she came to being tossed out. I just love it when a hard luck story flips the table on a shitty destiny, takes control and soars to success despite having every reason to fail.

I love this plant so much and she is one I hope to always have a version of in my grow stable.

69B9BFD8-B373-48DF-B40B-993594D9F03D.jpeg

A64A82D9-0343-48E3-969E-8D8B47CAE3E9.jpeg

I know some of you think of these as “popcorn buds” I prefer to call them a waterfall of mini potential :green_heart:

13C08743-EED1-4130-9565-0FF03CA245FE.jpeg
F93994E0-D3E3-4156-B158-151BF523DFC3.jpeg

5D12BEEE-9441-4C66-9189-FEBCEA370295.jpeg

Hi, Trala-
Yes, you should move the hooks outward as the branch grows-try and keep it as close to the end of the branch as possible- you may need to add a hook in the middle of the branches to keep the branches "flat"-so they don't bow upward in the middle...

And on Carla S, you can just bend that one down too
What size pots are those? I ask because the branches have already reached the edges of those pots- and to train past the edge of the pot, you'll need to make some outriggers-(which are kind of a pain) or transplant to bigger pots so they can get wider before you let them grow upward.
I can post some pics of my "pot edge extenders" tomorrow if you like.

Lucky is soooo pretty- they don't get much better looking than that one!
Did you train her at all, or is she just a natural beauty?

Hi, Trala-
Yes, you should move the hooks outward as the branch grows-try and keep it as close to the end of the branch as possible- you may need to add a hook in the middle of the branches to keep the branches "flat"-so they don't bow upward in the middle...

And on Carla S, you can just bend that one down too
What size pots are those? I ask because the branches have already reached the edges of those pots- and to train past the edge of the pot, you'll need to make some outriggers-(which are kind of a pain) or transplant to bigger pots so they can get wider before you let them grow upward.
I can post some pics of my "pot edge extenders" tomorrow if you like.

Lucky is soooo pretty- they don't get much better looking than that one!
Did you train her at all, or is she just a natural beauty?
I just did my morning training. I am going to uppot into a bigger pot, prolly hmmm I’m back for earlier Mon Tue Wed. I could defs either do it after work one of those days, or Thursday when I’m off.

I‘m really not liking the sound of outriggers if they are a pain, Carcass! You could have at least tried to sell the idea in a more positive manner eg: omg Tra, you wait till I teach you outrigging! You will feel happier than you’ve ever felt in your life!!

She really is. I topped her and tied her, but given she was an unusual plant I didn’t really know what to do with her. So semi natural.

Hi @Carcass

Just fed and burped my girls.

I have tried to keep Carla at like and equal height while she is expanding. I have skewered her like diagonally to try and control the branches that have now grown past the pots perimeter.

Will this be okay till Thursday or should I uppot? They are looking a much better shade of green which makes me happy.

IMG_20210223_061244.jpg
IMG_20210223_061226.jpg

Damn, those things are growing fast now!
I think you'll be ok till Thursday, you'll just have to bend them back down, because they're going to go straight up now.
They look really good to me- although some might think they're a mess right now, that's not the case-
your training is spot on, and the plants are doing exactly what they should be doing right now.
They are looking a much better shade of green
They sure are- they look perfect- not too green, but not too pale either- just right!

Damn, those things are growing fast now!
I think you'll be ok till Thursday, you'll just have to bend them back down, because they're going to go straight up now.
They look really good to me- although some might think they're a mess right now, that's not the case-
your training is spot on, and the plants are doing exactly what they should be doing right now.

They sure are- they look perfect- not too green, but not too pale either- just right!
They really are :)

They look great too :)

Hey how long approx should I leave Lucky in flower do you reckon?

Hi,Trala
You should close those lids- you want to keep that moisture in the jar so the buds can soak some of it up.
Also- don't leave the leaves in there for more than 24 hours, or they might start to get moldy- you can put more in there if the moisture is still too low...

Good night, Trala, see you tomorrow !

Wrong thread too ^^
Hey how long approx should I leave Lucky in flower do you reckon?
Hard to say- she's @ 40 days flowering today, and she'll probably go 8 weeks or so, so another 2 weeks at least- unless you start seeing quite a few amber trichomes before that...

Wrong thread too ^^

Hard to say- she's @ 40 days flowering today, and she'll probably go 8 weeks or so, so another 2 weeks at least- unless you start seeing quite a few amber trichomes before that...
Her Coca-Cola’s don’t look especially fat.

I’m off tomorrow so I’ll try and get some glitter pics.

I literally have zero idea when it comes to the window for cutting them. The guy I grow for defs smokes it to get stoned and not for any pain relief etc.

In your pics from Friday, Lucky still has a lot of clear trichomes- you want them to be at least mostly all cloudy (translucent) before you harvest her. Waiting for a little bit of amber trichs makes for a more sedating high so a lot of folks wait for amber.
If the guy you grow for likes his high a little less sedating, then you can harvest at all cloudy trichs, but Lucky probably isn't there yet...

In your pics from Friday, Lucky still has a lot of clear trichomes- you want them to be at least mostly all cloudy (translucent) before you harvest her. Waiting for a little bit of amber trichs makes for a more sedating high so a lot of folks wait for amber.
If the guy you grow for likes his high a little less sedating, then you can harvest at all cloudy trichs, but Lucky probably isn't there yet...
Can you help me with it please? The poster who used to quietly advise me doesn’t post here anymore. I really have no idea, I find it super hard to differentiate between clear and cloudy tbh.

I have noticed these buds aren’t thick at all compared to the Tangies.

Hey the humidity in the jars, all at 64%. I turned the humidifier up to 65%, it was down at 55% prior. Does that sound okay?

This isn’t getting my cha- cha-chores done.

Green Job List

Walk for an hour - mentally prepare
Buy more nutes
Uppot my three
Photograph work
Drop three off to their foster home

Have a great day :)

Can you help me with it please?
Sure I will!- can you post up some more trichome close-ups? Those last ones are almost a week old now, and things can really change in a week!
Hey the humidity in the jars, all at 64%.
Excellent!- just keep burping them once a day till it gets down to 60%, then you can just burp them once a week for 3 weeks or so to just let in a little fresh air, then they should be ready to smoke! (and no more burping)
They can be smoked before that, but they'll taste better after that last 3 weeks...

Walk ✅
Nutes ✅
Uppotted two, clone didn‘t need a change yet. ✅
Photos ✅

Okay so just to confuse things, Carla Three will now be known as Carla Two until tomorrow coz I wrote the wrong number on my tag and I can’t be fucked changing it today :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

My Mong memory provides daily cringe moments and I’m not even joking.

Carla Two aka Carla Three :love::love::love:

62A168FA-0F3D-4F35-9137-ED248919D98B.jpeg
409D078B-15CA-4DE7-BC03-019FF97B7746.jpeg
62E8EDCF-2450-453E-874E-F96DA37D3D5B.jpeg
597FF4D7-9CCC-4E3C-8E65-9F9B565C03EA.jpeg
772C4BB3-A1BC-4277-ACED-48298AA75A89.jpeg

Carla Six :love::love::love:

2E474A6B-530A-4DBF-BEB9-54CAD654D219.jpeg
2E94F7C3-66E5-4E24-B0EB-1B47A8716A84.jpeg
E9F00C54-27B5-4EE2-B66A-0293472A9E1C.jpeg

E8EE8FAD-904C-4AD7-B701-85DD77EC29C7.jpeg
C138804B-420B-4DD6-8E2F-EF9FABBB6C5B.jpeg

Okay now the horror!

I dropped my three clones off at the neighbours to be fostered out coz I just have too many mouths to feed and I am beside myself. I literally felt sick leaving them there.

Here they are before leaving. So full of good health and sunshine.

0913B312-6F42-4E04-A4D0-7614F16899A7.jpeg

1670F0E1-70B3-444B-9817-DA3C93B1CB48.jpeg
5BFD5E58-FB93-406A-9EA5-0C50CF486E6D.jpeg

So I’ve basically left them at a house of horrors. She has this light that gives of an unhealthy urine yellow glow ($400 apparently and the best light ever) and she’s babbling about how awesome her buds are and that she will split the future harvest 50:50, internally I was clutching my pearls so hard!

I asked her if I could show the guy (I told her I know a guy who grows and was looking at offloading some plants coz he had too many) her set up, her chest puffs out with pride and she is like “go for it”. I needed photo evidence coz I knew you’d think I was being Tramatic! Now before you think - help her, I have tried. You can lead a person to information but you can’t make em think.

THE HORRORRRRRRR

EDB9DE94-0F87-4B2F-950E-5E59C1A0C9FB.jpeg
578222B3-8857-44E0-A0A9-95D824C91279.jpeg
CB726FAD-8FF5-41A7-B8DE-0AC383167B0F.jpeg
A030F06A-8C2A-4409-B317-B2B2647DFCBC.jpeg
83B87DF7-DF79-42D3-9B56-2A77BB98004F.jpeg

:( :( :(

4F5F4495-A288-4786-86D1-751AD4403338.jpeg

87A648E8-737E-4C02-95BD-7A2CBB034DDA.jpeg

Sure I will!- can you post up some more trichome close-ups? Those last ones are almost a week old now, and things can really change in a week!

Excellent!- just keep burping them once a day till it gets down to 60%, then you can just burp them once a week for 3 weeks or so to just let in a little fresh air, then they should be ready to smoke! (and no more burping)
They can be smoked before that, but they'll taste better after that last 3 weeks...
Thanks Carcass. I’ll get some close ups tomoz

:) :) :)

Hi, Trala! Wow!- Dropping those clones off must have felt like dropping your kids off at a medieval orphanage...I halfway expected to see a big pot of gruel cooking in there...:drool:
I needed photo evidence
Yipes!
With that eerie yellow HPS light, it looks sort of creepy in there...Although, as dungeon grows go, it's (probably) not that bad... :oops:(although I haven't seen many of them, thank god!)

I can't be toooo critical of her growspace, since I grow in this little butt-ugly box, in a butt-ugly room:;)

ghetto growbox.jpg

The Carlas look good! I'm confused though- do they live outside, or inside?
I was wondering how you were going to get them to flower when you want them to--that tent
probably answers that question?

Hi, Trala! Wow!- Dropping those clones off must have felt like dropping your kids off at a medieval orphanage...I halfway expected to see a big pot of gruel cooking in there...:drool:

Yipes!
With that eerie yellow HPS light, it looks sort of creepy in there...Although, as dungeon grows go, it's (probably) not that bad... :oops:(although I haven't seen many of them, thank god!)

I can't be toooo critical of her growspace, since I grow in this little butt-ugly box, in a butt-ugly room:;)

The Carlas look good! I'm confused though- do they live outside, or inside?
I was wondering how you were going to get them to flower when you want them to--that tent
probably answers that question?
Good morning Carcass.

OH MY GOD THERE WAS!

236273AE-3481-428B-89AD-F8F8553BC027.jpeg

So bad, and she has no airflow. First time I saw the area she had like clouds of tiny flying bugs. She is a grub. A nice grub, but a grub none the less. The first thing I would do is clean that area. I have tried saying “my friend does this” “my friend says he has found good results with blah blah” but she doesn’t listen.

My grow is an outside inside mix. In hindsight I bought a too cheap light and a too small tent. I use the tent for light, and at the side of my house I have a storage section, uneven concrete floor, in fact it looked like it just had concrete poured on it, and it had just shit in it really. My partner in crime tiled it and bought a second hand kitchen bench and turned it into a small work area. After much foot stamping, crying and sulking (on his part lollll) he has finally agreed to give me the room which I have turned into a dark room/drying area/budshop.

I sun chase during the day, and use the tent to grab the last 6 hours of light to make the 18 hours.

Carcass there is no excuse to be in possession of an ugly box. A bit of paint, some fun pictures and abracadabra beautiful grow space.

Lucky Love :love: :love: :love:

Day 42 Flower

Glitter shots:-

1. I am the worst close up glitter photo person taker ever!

2. I have zero idea if she is cooked.

Oh and she defs has nits, a mild infestation but a infestation none the less.

87FF2DB2-D9DD-440E-811D-9AFA11795927.jpeg

16583A4E-1905-4F0C-9DCF-16FE6C542279.jpeg

I think she is so lovely, popcorn buds and all. She doesn’t have one bad angle.

7AD8E591-4E2E-4D69-8210-D16428D60963.jpeg
1BE4B72E-877C-4A8C-BD28-4509509507C5.jpeg
C1A6B3F0-F8EC-4466-86AA-BDE6295EC173.jpeg
AA158E32-748F-4EE4-993D-14429F7BB55A.jpeg

F5FFCC19-84C5-4A36-B0EA-CAEA337D9C47.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom