Trala’s Tent: Lucky Edition

She'll just keep right on going as if nothing happened- that kind of thing bothers us a lot more than it bothers the plants....

She'll just keep right on going as if nothing happened- that kind of thing bothers us a lot more than it bothers the plants....
Makes your heart sink doesn't it. If you tape, tie,zip tie or what ever you can use to get it back together take the weight off the branches and she will be even stronger there.
Just keep an eye on what ever you use as it will grow into the bark given time.

Carla Clones update

And FYI, if bondage is your thang, and you see me walking towards you with hooker heels, red lipstick and handcuffs, pretend you’re sleeping coz I’ll fuck you up.

So she doesn’t actually look too bad, in fact I think she looks good. They are both a good colour and I can see roots popping out the bottom. I still can’t work out how they are going to get to Carcass’s grow style, but I’m enjoying the process.

I put the beer bottle in for two reasons.

1. a size ratio
2. coz I wanted to show off local produce. Hit up your bottleo and get on it, it’s a great drop ;)

Carla 3 :love: :love: :love:

D3124333-E223-4D32-B8AD-2C8C9408226F.jpeg
CA725C40-F719-4512-A5AB-47DA154B03E6.jpeg
EC1A936C-2539-4D86-9AE7-B5C61FC44CDD.jpeg
226F2870-B927-4BE5-AE95-FB681FC76E92.jpeg
2ECC0385-C4A1-430E-86B9-9F2BF1E22562.jpeg
775C9078-05EF-4EAC-81FB-FC02A062DE93.jpeg

Hi,Trala- Both Carla's look great!
When you flip depends on how big you want them to get- they'll at least double in size when you do.
If they're as wide as you want them to get, you could let them grow up till they're half as tall as you want them to end up, then flip to 12/12. (you'll need to keep the branches tied down at the edge of the pot while they grow upward)
Do you want them wider than they are now?
If so, we need to figure out some outriggers- so you can tie them down beyond the edge of the pot ,although if you just let them grow upward now, I think they'd come out pretty good- they will spread out quite a bit as they get taller.
Lucky looks just about ready to me- I don't see any fresh pistils popping out, and the trichomes all look cloudy, so you could chop her any time- if you wait for a few amber trichomes, she'll give a more sedative buzz, so it's up to you-
I'm harvesting my SSH on Saturday with no amber trichs- she's been flowering for 11.5 weeks, and I'm just tired of waiting...

Hi,Trala- Both Carla's look great!
When you flip depends on how big you want them to get- they'll at least double in size when you do.
If they're as wide as you want them to get, you could let them grow up till they're half as tall as you want them to end up, then flip to 12/12. (you'll need to keep the branches tied down at the edge of the pot while they grow upward)
Do you want them wider than they are now?
If so, we need to figure out some outriggers- so you can tie them down beyond the edge of the pot ,although if you just let them grow upward now, I think they'd come out pretty good- they will spread out quite a bit as they get taller.
Lucky looks just about ready to me- I don't see any fresh pistils popping out, and the trichomes all look cloudy, so you could chop her any time- if you wait for a few amber trichomes, she'll give a more sedative buzz, so it's up to you-
I'm harvesting my SSH on Saturday with no amber trichs- she's been flowering for 11.5 weeks, and I'm just tired of waiting...
Thank you Carcass.

And thank you for taking the time to teach me. I think, I don’t know tbh. I would like to wait till Lucky is in jars.

I would like to learn out riggers. I just don’t know when it comes to flipping.

They seem too young. They are only just out of nappies!

Hi,Trala!
Hopefully, this helps you a bit...

I would like to learn out riggers.
They're pretty easy to do- here's a couple of pics to show you the basics-I use suction cups to anchor the wires, but you can use screws, or just drill some small holes in the pot to hold the wires -you will also need to get some heavier wire (preferably solid core copper) I use 20gauge solid core (single conductor) thermostat wire, which you can find at the hardware store- you'll need to buy 2 conductor stuff, and
strip the insulation so you end up with 2 wires, probably white and red, like this:
(I've got a huge roll of it, you can get smaller rolls at the hardware store)
20 ga. t-stat wire.jpg

Here's how they work for me:
Outrigger 1.jpg

Outrigger 3.jpg

For the actual outrigger (the black thing) you can use wood, cardboard, or anything else you've got laying around that might work- they're apx. 3" long.
They'll also need to stay in place for the rest of the grow (that's the "pain in the ass" part ;) )
I'll be around today, so if you've got questions, don't be afraid to ask 'em...

Oh sweet baby Jesus, this just got a whole lot of complicated!

What is a suction cup? And where would I buy a suction cup?

I thought a conductor was the guy who waves the stick at the orchestra - not even joking!

I must be tired coz I legit can’t put those pieces together. I’ll reread tomorrow.

Carcass I train them every day, like move the hooks to try and keep them low and even. I wanted to take a pic, but I’ve just rebooked and they always look a bit shit straight after.

I think they are looking quite healthy. If you were me when would you flip them?

I defanleafed Lucky.

Not long till her head will be on the chopping block.

While she has been a joy to grow, her probable yield and buds are not extraordinary. In fact there is no swellage at all. In fact they are all quite small in length. But her smell omg she smells like the type of plant that will grab your brain and make your worries and anxiety float away. My favourite type of stone btw.

37715D9D-A468-4650-8665-4458166FBC82.jpeg

E869902E-608F-49B8-A915-88F45DB116F3.jpeg
843BE57F-18DD-4E63-B66A-D5634A59DFF9.jpeg

What is a suction cup? And where would I buy a suction cup?
Mine came with the windshield sunshades that I covered the walls in my grow box with-they're those
dome shaped rubber things that you lick and then stick to something- they make them with little hooks on them to stick to the wall in the shower, (or any smooth surface) like these you can get from amazon:

71CqeK49cZL._AC_UL480_QL65_.jpg

These would stick to the Carlas pots just fine. You can probably find them locally, in the "bathroom accessory" section of the hardware store. They might be called "vacuum cups" in Australia..

Mine came with the windshield sunshades that I covered the walls in my grow box with-they're those
dome shaped rubber things that you lick and then stick to something- they make them with little hooks on them to stick to the wall in the shower, (or any smooth surface) like these you can get from amazon:

71CqeK49cZL._AC_UL480_QL65_.jpg

These would stick to the Carlas pots just fine. You can probably find them locally, in the "bathroom accessory" section of the hardware store. They might be called "vacuum cups" in Australia..
Hmmm

What will happen if I just use the hooks where I can?

And when do you reckon I should flip?

So the Carla's are really looking quite good and very much like a ground cover. I adjust the hooks every day to try and keep them low and even and despite my best efforts new growth sneaks its head up.

On waking

IMG_20210310_080149.jpg

After handcuff adjustment

IMG_20210310_113234.jpg

IMG_20210310_114831.jpg

IMG_20210310_113300.jpg

IMG_20210310_113405.jpg

You're doing a great job on them, Trala!- they're supposed to look like ground cover right now:thumb:
What will happen if I just use the hooks where I can?
I'm not sure what you mean by that^^
If you mean just train them up to, but not beyond the edge of the pot, that'll work fine- they just won't end up quite as wide.
And when do you reckon I should flip?
Any time now, if you want them short-ish ,and bushy- or a week or 2 from now if you want them a little taller- and bushy...

You're doing a great job on them, Trala!- they're supposed to look like ground cover right now:thumb:

I'm not sure what you mean by that^^
If you mean just train them up to, but not beyond the edge of the pot, that'll work fine- they just won't end up quite as wide.

Any time now, if you want them short-ish ,and bushy- or a week or 2 from now if you want them a little taller- and bushy...
Thank you :)

I have no idea what I mean, all I know is I don’t want to do the rigging part. The thought of it doesn’t bring me joy.

I still can’t work out how buds will grow in the middle.

I think I want them, look I don’t know. I think I want them in between short and a little taller.

Back
Top Bottom