Trala’s Tent: Lucky Edition

Yep, that's the idea! You can also wait till they grow upward a bit, and then direct them to where you want them to be- either way (or a combination of both) should work fine
And yes, each of those tops will be a bud, hopefully a big one...that's the main thing we're going for here- to get all the tops at apx. the same height across the whole canopy.
Have a great weekend, Trala!
I don’t know if I truly understand this.

I guess we will see. This morning when I looked the looped ones I did yesterday seem to be filling the middle, still looks a bit messy if I’m honest. But I’m just not sure if I’m doing it right yet. One thing I can see. If every one of those new growth points is going to be a bud, I’m defs looking at getting a few Coca-Cola’s :)

I know I should be more humble, but I am just too proud of this plant.

My Gorilla Glue, Lucky Love, who now lives in my Carlas.

The little plant that could :love: :love: :love:

FA4EDE43-F42A-4C5E-95F0-78FB6E7DA3FC.jpeg

7C1D9009-2677-423A-BB94-9214501CB8A9.jpeg
21965B54-591B-4043-B775-25D727C98248.jpeg

E1DD8075-0E81-4B6B-9844-BEF302AD3E77.jpeg
AB4099DB-A04F-40C3-B308-6100B6B660DB.jpeg
287D25C3-1466-4565-96B2-ADE0391CD325.jpeg

Grow 2 now done and dusted.

Total of Grow 2:- 575g or 20.4 oz or 1.27lb

While none of my plants have been huge yeilders, when combined they did okay. The thing that makes me happiest is the guy I grow for is able to save the money he used to spend buying from ole mate. That alone makes this so worth while to me. Meeting you guys and being able to learn and laugh with you all is the icing on the chocolate brownie.

Thank you to each and every person who has given me advice and taken an interest. You make this hobby so enjoyable. Xo

Lets bring on Grow 3 featuring:-

Gorilla Glue clone: Carla Three
Gorilla Glue clone: Carla Six
Tangerine Dream Monstercropper: Reggie Frank

Lucky Love :love::love::love:

Finished product 5.5oz

33953CD2-6619-496D-B923-A1A44F995F66.jpeg
F7FE6291-F959-4564-9644-61B19BEA842E.jpeg
2CC5BDC9-894A-443E-9B2F-810C2F0BBF0F.jpeg
8A066B6E-9C09-40BF-BBAE-890BDA24F419.jpeg

I edited in case it read like he was selling. He isn’t. He just saves what he used to spend on it. Xo

Congrats on all the great harvests, Trala!

Have you got a pic of that side on?
I do! here's a few from different angles:
ssh1.jpg
ssh2.jpg
ssh3.jpg

Hope these help a bit!...

Congrats on all the great harvests, Trala!

I do! here's a few from different angles:
ssh1.jpg
ssh2.jpg
ssh3.jpg

Hope these help a bit!...
Thank you Carcmeister :)

I am stoked.

Hmmm I was looking at C3 and C6 yesterday and I’m wondering if I’m going too low. I remember you said degrees I think it was 45 degrees. I think mine are like 25 degrees. They are all almost level with the pot rim.

Is there a point when they come off? The hooks and weights I mean.

Did you flip to 12/12 on Sunday?
I think mine are like 25 degrees.
They should be at a slight upward angle, probably closer to 5 degrees- so you're doing it right- remember-the training you're doing now is to build a framework for a short-ish, bushy plant, so starting out low is exactly what you want...when you flip to flower, you still hold the branches down where they are right now, and all the height is gained from the stretch- hold them where they are, and let the tips grow "up"
Is there a point when they come off? The hooks and weights I mean.
Possibly, although I leave mine on all the way through because a lot of the time, the branches won't stay down if something's not holding them there...

Did you flip to 12/12 on Sunday?

They should be at a slight upward angle, probably closer to 5 degrees- so you're doing it right- remember-the training you're doing now is to build a framework for a short-ish, bushy plant, so starting out low is exactly what you want...when you flip to flower, you still hold the branches down where they are right now, and all the height is gained from the stretch- hold them where they are, and let the tips grow "up"

Possibly, although I leave mine on all the way through because a lot of the time, the branches won't stay down if something's not holding them there...
Good morning Carcass :)

I did.

I think we need to stop talking in degrees. I don’t think I understand. lollinggg

I‘ll get some pics today. I was pleased to see yesterday the middle is definitely thickening since I’ve started training inwards. I’m still not sure if I’m doing them right.

I’ll go wake them up and get some pics now. Hang in a sec.

They look just about perfect- you're going to have 28-32 buds (or more) each, and that's exactly how it's supposed to work- you've done an exceptional job with the training! :thumb:
I think we need to stop talking in degrees.
Agreed- you're doing a great job no matter what we call it...
Are those your special "plant training fuzzy slippers?" ;)

They look just about perfect- you're going to have 28-32 buds (or more) each, and that's exactly how it's supposed to work- you've done an exceptional job with the training! :thumb:

Agreed- you're doing a great job no matter what we call it...
Are those your special "plant training fuzzy slippers?" ;)
Thank Carcass :)

That makes me happy.

They are, and no animals were hurt making them, if you don’t count an ostrich as an animal. If you do count an ostrich as an animal, then at least one animal got proper fucked up.

(just kidding, well I think I am. I’ll die if they are ostrich feathers, or any feathers for that matter. I love birds)

Hey, Tra! Sorry it's been so long and I know you understand why. You've been doing a great job and congrats on the awesome harvest! :bravo::welldone::goodjob::yahoo::high-five:

Just to help you better understand the Low Stress Training (LST) you're learning from Brother @Carcass...

Cannabis, like many plants, has "apical dominance" which means the growth hormones ("auxins") naturally go to the highest point on the plant. So, if you don't top or train, you get a pretty vertical structure with minimal branching.

Each of the nodes (where the leaf meets the stalk) has the potential of growing another cola. When you take the top/leading branch(es) and bend them down, it re-distributes those growth hormones to the lower nodes on the branch and triggers them to start growing as the lead branches. So, you can bend one tall cola down, and it triggers the lower nodes to start branching. Each one of those new colas will have nodes of it's own and, in addition to the potential to put out their own branching, when you put them into flower, that's where the buds will form.

That being said, LST is all about re-distributing the auxins to the lower nodes to "motivate" growth there.

I hope that helps and keep up the great work! :thumb:

Hey, Tra! Sorry it's been so long and I know you understand why. You've been doing a great job and congrats on the awesome harvest! :bravo::welldone::goodjob::yahoo::high-five:

Just to help you better understand the Low Stress Training (LST) you're learning from Brother @Carcass...

Cannabis, like many plants, has "apical dominance" which means the growth hormones ("auxins") naturally go to the highest point on the plant. So, if you don't top or train, you get a pretty vertical structure with minimal branching.

Each of the nodes (where the leaf meets the stalk) has the potential of growing another cola. When you take the top/leading branch(es) and bend them down, it re-distributes those growth hormones to the lower nodes on the branch and triggers them to start growing as the lead branches. So, you can bend one tall cola down, and it triggers the lower nodes to start branching. Each one of those new colas will have nodes of it's own and, in addition to the potential to put out their own branching, when you put them into flower, that's where the buds will form.

That being said, LST is all about re-distributing the auxins to the lower nodes to "motivate" growth there.

I hope that helps and keep up the great work! :thumb:
Hello Special K :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

I am really loving this new style of training.

It does and thank you :)

Omg what a terrible week to grow.

We have had huge amounts of rain, and I feel bad moaning given people have lost houses, animals, cars etc but...

My plants are basically flowers in the fucking attic. No fresh air. No sun. The three of them sharing one Mars light and a fan in a windowless garage. Today is the first time they have had sun in a week. And while they look okay, it is going to effect the success of the buds long term I think.

@Carcass I am considering unshackling them and letting them go. I have tried to get them as even as possible and I 100% see where I have muffed it. I am fairly happy with the shape. Does this sound okay?

Next time I’ll try and keep them more circular.

I am marking today as day 1 of flower because they both decided to great me with their beautiful delicate white whispy flowers this morning.

I am so pleased their middles filled out. Because of the awful growing conditions this week I didn’t think they would.

Carla 6 :love::love::love:

A27D4C88-C8C4-45BA-BB2F-7EA164267751.jpeg
A2569EBF-14CE-4DC8-B896-A8620F159768.jpeg
1ADB038A-E539-4F09-97EB-6B4D8115B038.jpeg
9B9C4AF2-C68F-4897-AF94-9F107EDF766F.jpeg

Carla 3 :love::love::love:

54EC87C7-44EB-43A9-B300-4631BDD0999B.jpeg
9452A899-DDB0-4373-B45C-A86793059B38.jpeg
66E86CBE-43FE-42B9-A066-FE1D7F57600E.jpeg
06CE5855-C4CD-4A45-8B94-D92B3C7AAAF3.jpeg

The Familam :love: :love: :love:
F98828C9-E2B6-4E57-954B-853BC01EFCB6.jpeg
A20CF768-D729-4996-85BD-6451393741F7.jpeg

@Carcass I am considering unshackling them and letting them go.
They look like they're ready (they look very good!)- if a few branches decide to get real tall, you can always supercrop them or just re-shackle those branches .
Great job on the training, Trala!- especially since you started with clones, which don't have the symmetry of a seed plant- Can't wait to see how these ladies turn out!

Very nice size and beautifuly trained! I hope it goes smooth for you they have real potential
Thank you.

Things never go completely smoothly with my grows. The mother plant Lucky was end stage flower when I fell on her nearly breaking every important branch. She was in full traction until she was sacrificed to my drying line, may she RIP.

They look like they're ready (they look very good!)- if a few branches decide to get real tall, you can always supercrop them or just re-shackle those branches .
Great job on the training, Trala!- especially since you started with clones, which don't have the symmetry of a seed plant- Can't wait to see how these ladies turn out!
I‘m going to unleash them today!

So excited :)

:ciao:

Good morning Carcass :)

I am so looking forward to two things:- today’s update, and officially commencing 5 glorious days off.

All I've done the last 9 days is either work or have a single night shift recovery day off.

Back
Top Bottom