Trala’s Tent

OMG I KILLED HER!

I uppotted my two Mimosas a week ago. Can they be flipped tomorrow?
My understanding is you want to wait until your plants are healthy before you flip to flower. Whether that is due to pests, deficiencies or roots. Do you have a picture?

My understanding is you want to wait until your plants are healthy before you flip to flower. Whether that is due to pests, deficiencies or roots. Do you have a picture?
I think they look really healthy. Very minimal nits. I’ll go get pics. I put them out in the rain before I walked. I need to bring the big flower girl in.

Brb.

Hi Ren

Here are some pics :) The roots are already clearly visible. Bubbles is finally taking shape.

#twins

F928183C-7678-4E6F-8A6D-145FF97F7671.jpeg
363522BD-E3CF-43E1-AA0C-7AC62E2DD416.jpeg

Merrie the big bud girl is back in the flower room. I don’t trust her to get too wet given my humidity. The room was 89%, but within 45 minutes my humidifier got it down to 67%, it will drop further. It’s set for 45%. I’ve left my Tangerine flower girl outside, I love this stage of flower, the beginning. I wanted to let Mother Nature wash their leaves. I’ll pop them all back under the lights when I wake up in a couple of hours if it’s still raining.

F3A534E7-8214-4BFE-B0CD-40700ACE7130.jpeg

I hope they are ready to flip. I think I let them get too big. Merrie and Tee are fucking huge. Makes for so much more to both feed and treat for nits.

OMG I KILLED HER!

I uppotted my two Mimosas a week ago. Can they be flipped tomorrow?

you can do most anything - doesn’t mean it’s prudent.

if you are ok on nuggz in da jar then I would prolly wait on both plants. If you need produce quick then would suggest flipping 1 and holding the other one back in veg…

but part also depends on how many gallons/liters it was before upcan and how large the new container is.… Those roots in pics above look really good tho.

its not an exact science and you are one hella good gardener. I get that your plan was fresh soil to flower with but at some arbitrary point in (transition or flower) the roots stop knitting up outside edges and that’s a critical point for air & roots in hard side containers. Those roots learn how to work the gap where soil expands & contracts against sides and theres no air/light pruning going on like in fabric containers

you can do most anything - doesn’t mean it’s prudent.

if you are ok on nuggz in da jar then I would prolly wait on both plants. If you need produce quick then would suggest flipping 1 and holding the other one back in veg…

but part also depends on how many gallons/liters it was before upcan and how large the new container is.… Those roots in pics above look really good tho.

its not an exact science and you are one hella good gardener. I get that your plan was fresh soil to flower with but at some arbitrary point in (transition or flower) the roots stop knitting up outside edges and that’s a critical point for air & roots in hard side containers. Those roots learn how to work the gap where soil expands & contracts against sides and theres no air/light pruning going on like in fabric containers
I’m time confused. I legit thought it was Saturday lolllllll

I’m gonna flip on Sunday. New containers are MC 20L and Bubbles 15L pre uppot 10L.

I want those two smaller. I want to start flipping smaller plants. Both Merrie and Tee are over 100cm/3+foot

Omg now I don’t know. Maybe wait another week?

Thanks RM…. we’re confident Tra can make it work any which way!

it’s ok to go into flower with roots circling edge of container - doesn’t always mean it’s fully rootbound either, just watch your girl & turn up the volume on the nutes accordingly and get you some.

you will be fine my dear but we need to work this timing thing out better going forward is all I’m sayin.

ditto what Renaissance said…. what’s your goals?

aww damn I’ve got Decembuary the 78th

If its had its new pot over 10 day's then perfect,,your roots will fill her space during her stretch period,, :ganjamon:

Thanks RM…. we’re confident Tra can make it work any which way!

it’s ok to go into flower with roots circling edge of container - doesn’t always mean it’s fully rootbound either, just watch your girl & turn up the volume on the nutes accordingly and get you some.

you will be fine my dear but we need to work this timing thing out better going forward is all I’m sayin.

ditto what Renaissance said…. what’s your goals?

aww damn I’ve got Decembuary the 78th

I used to have a flip friend. He’d say flip, I’d say they’re too small, he’d say they’re perfect, I’d argue some more, then begrudgingly flip on the next Sunday, and it worked everytime. I had a look back and I used to flip when they were so much smaller. As you pointed out I’m really struggling with timing. I keep getting it so wrong.

My goals: I want a perpetual (thank you at last spellcheck) grow. I want 2:2, that is a good amount of green for me to manage. I want to harvest, then have 2 veggers ready to go into flower, rinse then repeat. I want to be able to harvest 3-4 oz off each plant. That’s the flip size I’m chasing.

I know I fuck about and like a lol, but I do work hard to produce 420 Mag worthy plants, not that I’ve got there… yet. It’s a lot of work. I spend at least 90 minutes with them daily. Nit spraying alone takes me half hour. I have two flower lights and come Sunday I’ll have 4 plants squeezed in to a plant space that is ideal for two, which means once again I’m not setting myself up to slay flower, like every single other grower does in here every harvest.

I think MC and Bubbles Mimosa EVO are the exact size I want going forward. I know they are first world problems, but spraying smaller plants and keeping them nit free is so doable. It’s not the massive job is for the big girls. Tee Bee the Tangerine Dream is a fucking tree of a plant with millions of branches and zillions of leaves, getting every leaf is a mission. I want to learn to grow a lower more compact plant.

I vote flip now, from the viewpoint youll finish in good weather. Last year got caught in La nina April, what a fkn headache. J and I scrambling around with wet behinds, should have cut a fortnight to 30 days off them.
Oiiii bloke

Happy Australia Day for yesterday btw :)

I actually thought of you this morning. I chat to various people on my morning walk, I always walk in my hospital scrubs after a nightshift, the things random people ask/tell you when you’re in uniform is fucking cRaY but I digress, anyhoo this morning I was chatting to an old digger about his ant mounds - like you do - and as I set back off on my walk he waved and said “hooroo”. Made me so big smile. Bloke, we need to bring back the hooroo!

I think I will :)

Approx what age do you flower in days?

My brain just can’t formulate basic math atm. Im trying to work out when I need to plant my seeds. I think flower takes a bit longer than veg. Is that right?

If its had its new pot over 10 day's then perfect,,your roots will fill her space during her stretch period,, :ganjamon:
I think it is too. I’m sure I used to uppot a week or two from flip so they had room to move, which is exactly what you’re saying.

Look I say sure, I’m defs 78% sure lolllll

Your grow is looking great btw!

:)

Oiiii bloke

Happy Australia Day for yesterday btw :)

I actually thought of you this morning. I chat to various people on my morning walk, I always walk in my hospital scrubs after a nightshift, the things random people ask/tell you when you’re in uniform is fucking cRaY but I digress, anyhoo this morning I was chatting to an old digger about his ant mounds - like you do - and as I set back off on my walk he waved and said “hooroo”. Made me so big smile. Bloke, we need to bring back the hooroo!

I think I will :)

My brain just can’t formulate basic math atm. Im trying to work out when I need to plant my seeds. I think flower takes a bit longer than veg. Is that right?
Bit in this.

Happy Straya Tidings to you too, dont really mention it much to people these days, not sure who are the overly sensitive ones.

Hooroo does need a comeback, but i tell ya, just seeing you use the word digger made me smile too.

Age in flower? Do you mean when to flip? My answer kind of depends, but heres the straightforward version.

Outdoors, no matter when you start, Sept onwards, normally photos will hit flower around start of March finish April. Fathers day to a bit before Anzac day (or Easter depending on when it falls).

In a tent is easy. Tent height minus light distance, divide by 2, equals veg height*. Of course you can LST, top, supercrop etc.
I say its height not age that matters. Strains will run anywhere from 7 to 11 weeks flower (49 to 77+). If your veg is on point 8 weeks can be enough (56 to 60 days)

The only other insight I have is to run perpetual (between Sept and March you can add daylight hours instead of lights ) then run 4 tight grows or 3 longer.

So thats 4x 3months( 90 days) or 3x 4 months (120) days. If you go 4 you have to be on your game, and youll need 3 tents to hit your max number of plants. One veg, one flower, one alternating. If you go 3 you can get away with 2 tents, the difference in holdups is absorbed by the veg. Germ and seedlings obviously need to be running alongside to fit into the perpetual. ( 3 days germ, 14 to 18 seedling).

This is only relevant with photos of course, if you add autos in theory you could use 1 tent and it wouldnt be a problem.

All easy to say, bit harder to do.

Bit in this.

Happy Straya Tidings to you too, dont really mention it much to people these days, not sure who are the overly sensitive ones.

Hooroo does need a comeback, but i tell ya, just seeing you use the word digger made me smile too.

Age in flower? Do you mean when to flip? My answer kind of depends, but heres the straightforward version.

Outdoors, no matter when you start, Sept onwards, normally photos will hit flower around start of March finish April. Fathers day to a bit before Anzac day (or Easter depending on when it falls).

In a tent is easy. Tent height minus light distance, divide by 2, equals veg height*. Of course you can LST, top, supercrop etc.
I say its height not age that matters. Strains will run anywhere from 7 to 11 weeks flower (49 to 77+). If your veg is on point 8 weeks can be enough (56 to 60 days)

The only other insight I have is to run perpetual (between Sept and March you can add daylight hours instead of lights ) then run 4 tight grows or 3 longer.

So thats 4x 3months( 90 days) or 3x 4 months (120) days. If you go 4 you have to be on your game, and youll need 3 tents to hit your max number of plants. One veg, one flower, one alternating. If you go 3 you can get away with 2 tents, the difference in holdups is absorbed by the veg. Germ and seedlings obviously need to be running alongside to fit into the perpetual. ( 3 days germ, 14 to 18 seedling).

This is only relevant with photos of course, if you add autos in theory you could use 1 tent and it wouldnt be a problem.

All easy to say, bit harder to do.
You: Tent is easy

Also you : All you need to do is measure light, divide by the square root of pi then double the outer light ray with the inner light ray and find the exact speed of that light. Tho if you LST, STD or VBG you need to configure your height by your width and you’re done.

Lollllllll

I lived with a grower who would base his grow on planting Father’s Day and harvesting Mothers Day.

I always view my grow as predominantly indoors. My veg always gets 18:6. They are outside 7am-3pm. My flowers get a top up 90minutes of light morning and night weather permitting.

I am itching to get seeds in dirt, but I’m now realising flower takes longer than veg. Like 013 pointed out, I gotta fucking sort my timing out.

Since you brought up the straya day thang, my opinion not that you asked, I say move the day. If you’re aboriginal it marks the beginning of the loss of identity and culture. To our indigenous it is about invasion. Be honest, come Australia Day no one gives a fuck about Captain Cook or the convicts or the slain aboriginals. It’s about toad racing, drinking beer, thong throwing and a snag on a BBQ. Make 26 Jan a day of remembrance for our indigenous people and the acknowledgment of the change Cooks discovery brought to people and culture, and make Australia Day the first Monday after May 8 (pronounced maaaaate). Where we celebrate our multi cultural population, from burkas to bikinis, from flannos to falafels. We celebrate us!

Im not going to disagree with you there Tra, move the day if it helps. Shit I worked it any way, as a Subby doesnt make any difference that way.

Any day we can bring in the new citizens and have a bit of reflection on how good this place is has my vote, the date isnt important, the day is. Just a tangled mess like everything else, if it had a public status it would be " Its Complicated". Any way I grew up with Italians, Macedonians, and Danes, all immigrants, place is better for them.

Whatever you decide on your grows going forward youll do great plants. Love to get my hands on some MC (you had lovely people with offers earlier to get it here) whatever else you do youve got that part nailed.

Didnt mean to make my explanation complex. But if you get an STD, well Im no help, even if you explain it to me.

That guide, Fathers to Mothers is hella old school, figures though, we are roughly the same vintage. The old hippies from back in the day were bagseed freaks, thats where I first heard it. Now Im that guy. Sadly

Im not going to disagree with you there Tra, move the day if it helps. Shit I worked it any way, as a Subby doesnt make any difference that way.
I think keep the day, but make it about the invasion. One day that is put aside just to celebrate aboriginal people and culture or drink piss, up to you lol.
Any day we can bring in the new citizens and have a bit of reflection on how good this place is has my vote, the date isnt important, the day is. Just a tangled mess like everything else, if it had a public status it would be " Its Complicated". Any way I grew up with Italians, Macedonians, and Danes, all immigrants, place is better for them.
I’m from welfare sucking housing commission with a high aboriginal demographic.

I look back at high school, and I can remember learning the history of Australia, which in class started with Captain Cook. I wonder how that made all those brown little faces feel? I mean at the time we were prolly more interested in passing notes and planning durries. But as a grown woman, I understand why 26 Jan will never be celebrated by our first people.

Did you know aboriginal people were first allowed to vote in our QLD election in1966? That’s not 1866, or 1766 - 1966. I was born in 1972. That means the parents of those brown faces in my class only got to legally vote 6 years before me and those other brown faces in my class were born.
Whatever you decide on your grows going forward youll do great plants. Love to get my hands on some MC (you had lovely people with offers earlier to get it here) whatever else you do youve got that part nailed.

Didnt mean to make my explanation complex. But if you get an STD, well Im no help, even if you explain it to me.
Thanks. Yeah I’ll keep trying to get Tega Brop *taps nose* fo sho.

I can nail veg, flower not so much.
That guide, Fathers to Mothers is hella old school, figures though, we are roughly the same vintage. The old hippies from back in the day were bagseed freaks, thats where I first heard it. Now Im that guy. Sadly
I think I’ve got nearly a decade on you sonny Jim ;)

Im always off topic but here we go any way. At High school Australian History was taught by our Indonesian teacher. Thats a small reflection on how bad my public schooling was for the poverty poor kids like me.

I still remember him calling them Ar-Bodg-E-Kness, even with a few there in my year level in attendance. Later I found out he got his Tattoos in prison over there, punishment for going awol in the Navy. But you know good enough for our school lmao.

Youngest got Dux this year, got Dads brains but a better education. Well I say Dads cause her mother never had any...I married a smart one in the end.

I think you should put them into flower on Sunday. I'm planning on putting my Clementines into flower on Sunday, too.

On average, I veg for ~50 days and flower for ~80 days.

Back
Top Bottom