Tryan2grow1 For The First Time

From my research the fan leaves are the solar panels that feed the plant life. Seems to me like it would be a no brainer and leave them on the plant. But conflicting information says it is ok to remove them and allow the sugar leaves and/or buds give this life. Hmmmm?

I'd say trust your instincts. Kind of look at your light penetration, if you consider lollipopping then pay close attention to what looks like the maximum depth of light penetration, don't take anything off above it. That's just my advice based on reading, having never done extensive defoliation myself.

Good Morning T2G1! Ladies looking good, as always! Just wanted to share my thoughts on the defoliation. I really like the way my lollipopped/defoiled plant turned out. The colas are huge and super dense and the plant I did not trim has a ton of undergrowth that I really feel just took away from her final, mature product. If I could go back and lolli/defoil both I would definitely do it, no questions asked.

When it comes down to the actual act, less is more. You can always trim more later on. I tried to just get most of the stuff that was not getting direct light. At first I thought I did too much but I think it was just right. I left most of the bigger upper fan leaves and removed the smaller ones that weren't directly getting light (as well as the bud sites). I also do not recall seeing any stress in her either, she handled it really well. Also, I did it mid week 3 of flower.

At like week 2 or 3 i strip off the bottom third or so and do a selective defol of the canopy. Its a balancing act. Not too much, not too little. I try to leave as much foliage on as i can but the canopy gets so damn thick.
I do tend to leave a little more umdergrowth than some when they lollipop. I make a lot of wdibles and tincture from my trim and some of my frostiest little buds and sugar leaves come from farther down on tge plant.
You'll get 1000 different recommendations/condemnations on the topic of to defol or not to defol. It all comes down to personal opinion and grow style/conditions.
Heres what i usually do to my plants...
420-magazine-mobile1585263973.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1286561976.jpg

At like week 2 or 3 i strip off the bottom third or so and do a selective defol of the canopy. Its a balancing act. Not too much, not too little. I try to leave as much foliage on as i can but the canopy gets so damn thick.
I do tend to leave a little more umdergrowth than some when they lollipop. I make a lot of wdibles and tincture from my trim and some of my frostiest little buds and sugar leaves come from farther down on tge plant.
You'll get 1000 different recommendations/condemnations on the topic of to defol or not to defol. It all comes down to personal opinion and grow style/conditions.
Heres what i usually do to my plants...

Thank you for sharing Laz. This is a virgin growth and various techniques have been tried on one plant leaving the other for the most part all Mother Nature. So with that said, tonight my plan is to defol the plant on the left, my overachiever.

I've noticed my girls hanging onto the thirst more the last few days.

Once in the flowering stage is when the water consumption significantly increased. In the veg stage each res was changed once a week without having added any water. Now I get nervous to check every day just to ensure they don't dry up.

Back
Top Bottom