Turbo Bucket's Take On RADDWC: Grow Room Build-Up

Photo dump from chopping. Mother nature doesn't suffer weaklings. The two under sized plants got completely dominated by the rest. Looks like there lights got down to about 4 inches above the containers which was one of the reasons for leaving everything untrimmed. Happy enough with the harvest now comes the waiting game.

The flash washed out a bunch of the pics and the plants were impossible to photograph, they just flop all over themselves.
All hung up in the tent, the damper between the fan and tent is closed all flaps are closed circulating fan on the floor and dehumidifier set for 60% sitting around 70°f in there

Tent #1
Bagseed Barbie
Pex 2
Gorilla bomb
Chemdawg

The rez issues continue....
Yesterday morning the tube for the circ pump was full of white crud. Pulled the pump left the half full rez sit yesterday/last night and it's not as cloudy now, but it stinks like a fish tank again. :hmmmm:

Meanwhile the rez I use in the veg room which has never been cleaned in almost two years. Can hold nutrients for at least four days at a time with no water quality changes. That rez has had countless gallons of compost tea mixed in it so I would expect that to be more prone to growth. The flower rez only goes up to at most 700ppm nutrients veg is 550-600 so it's not an extra nutes thing. I have been trying to systematically test the nutrients to see if one of those are the root cause but the only new ones with the bigger rez were protekt and mag pro so I didn't anticipate any negative reactions.

I don't like using air stones but I ordered some z7 yesterday and picked up a 6in air disc now I just need a big enough air pump. Maybe this will help? I'd rather provide the oxygenation through water movement but I'll try anything once.

The veg girls look pretty good, definitely appreciating the extra root room. They seemed to increase side branching and all the growth points started stretching after the bigger pots and compost tea

Hopefully tent#2 is done drying by the end of the week/beginning of next, these girls need some more room and some real lights.

Good thoughts. The rez has a lid, the room is dark unless I'm in there. Highest I've seen the temp was 70. Both new bottles were brand new so mold is possible but unlikely. I'm not even sure what's actually gunking stuff up. May be nutrient precipitate for all I can tell.

Good thoughts. The rez has a lid, the room is dark unless I'm in there. Highest I've seen the temp was 70. Both new bottles were brand new so mold is possible but unlikely. I'm not even sure what's actually gunking stuff up. May be nutrient precipitate for all I can tell.
Are the new nutes the same stuff you’ve always used or did it change it up recently? Only reason I’m thinking it could be the nutes or the specific bottles of them is because with the bulk dwc I couldn’t get res funk under control no matter what I used like HydroGuard, etc. until I got a chiller (Base nutes were Botanicare Pure Blend Pro).

However with my AutoPot res I’m running VegBloom without a chiller or any enzymes and everything is totally fine. A friend of mine just got a batch of cultured solutions nutes that were bad, so I just have a feeling maybe it’s not your env but instead nute related. Or like you said, maybe it’s nothing.

Water temp is possible but I measured higher temps in the smaller rez, (74) after sitting all day/overnight with the small pump running full time, so I should be in better shape now. Water goes into the rez between 55-60°.

Nutes are the same dynagrow line I've been using. The foliage pro is a few weeks older than the new rez. The mag pro and protekt were new bottles with the new rez. Possible they are contaminated but the solution looks clean, no chunks or floaties. The terpinator jug is the oldest at a couple months old.

I had similar issues with the botanicare stuff, too much organic material in it I think. But that was an orange algae and I was running feed rates over 1000ppm, also had green algae on the pots and perlite. Now I feed at 400-600ppm.

I decided to fight fire with fire yesterday and filled the rez with a day worth of compost tea. Seemed clearer this morning and the smell was reduced.

So either removing the small pump or omitting the mag pro, terpinator, and protekt has reduced the problem. Process of elimination now, just need to get it back to staying clean before I add stuff back in again.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the rez itself or the small pump I added in. Dynagrow runs pretty clean according to most people. And in my limited experience with it so far that has proven true until now. I have two Dewey mister cloners with dynagrow in them and they can sit for two to three weeks without crudding up. The little rez for hand watering sits for multiple days at a time, no junk. Fill this stupid thing up in the morning and it's dirty before dark.
:hmmmm:

Thanks for the drive by woodi good to see you! :ciao:

Anyways the girls don't seem to care yet, still doing their thing.

Bagseed Barbie is already showing over 50 percent white trichs on the top most buds.
I pulled both cheap "1200watt" blurples out of tent #2 and put them into #1 for a little boost here at the end of flower.

Plants are drying nice and slow with the increased humidity this time of year. Drying Tent is running at 60-63%rh 65-70°f stems bend with a crease now but don't crack, fan leaves are beginning to dry out, buds are VERY sticky, the terpinator certainly seems to make a difference.
Probably another 3-5 days at this rate which would be an 8-10 day dry and I would be pretty happy with that the last two were 5-7 days and I wanted it to run longer so this fits the bill.

Don't forget to get in on the Mars hydro giveaway by @SmokeSara for your chance at the next wave of grow lighting.

Oh yeah. Next wave of seeds goes down in a week. Gonna run some white strawberry skunk from strainhunters and some Bruce banger by seedsman both obtained through our great friends @SeedsMan. All my genetics except the Maui Wowie and Bagseed Barbie have come through seedsman.

Haha thanks. I love that plant. All these genetics I spent money on and my favorite and most other people's favorite has been that first Bagseed strain. Thankfully I kept her around all this time

Back
Top Bottom