Turbo Bucket's Take On RADDWC: Grow Room Build-Up

Possibly, not sure why unless it was just contaminated and never got properly sterilized. Water was relatively clear but the smell was faintly worse than this morning.

Maybe I just never noticed the smell with only a 5 gallon rez?

I read on High Times a Dynagrow con is “white crystals” but if the crud you’re seeing isn’t that it’s prob not the DG.

In terms of the Terpinator, was interesting to hear your feedback. I’ve been on the fence and don’t know too many ppl running it. How long in flower did you feed with it? Are the benefits you saw mainly in smell/ flavor or visual too?

The terpinator has been primarily a visible increase in trichomes. The plants are approximately as fragrant as last time. I would anticipate a hash harvest would see a significant increase in yield.

I don't use it on the veg side but the rez from the flower room usually/used to have it in it. So you could safely say from the very beginning of transition/last week of veg they get terpinator.

I ran the same plants back to back now, purple Trainwreck and raspberry diesel this batch got the same nutes, same tents, more waterings per day, lower EC and terpinator through all of flower opposed to half of flower last run and these look better. You could make the argument there's a stronger smell to the tent but there's also more plant material in there because I didn't trim before flip or 21 days after like I did last run. They certainly stink if you bump them though.

I've seen the white crystals on the top drier edges of the fabric pots and when I botched my protekt measurements. This looks like a bacterial culture. It's a soft white.. sludge..? Forming primarily in the discharge tube of the small pump as well as on the intake screen of it. The water in the tube and directly adjacent to the pump body would certainly be some of if not the warmest water in the rez which would exacerbate bacterial growth. It really seems like I just haven't been able to properly sterilize it all yet. Maybe I'll try some iso alcohol on it soon. Major silver lining is that the girls still seem ok, so it's not a world ending disaster but still something I would like to get straightened out.

Great feedback on the Terpinator, thanks for the breakdown. And to your point if the plants don’t seem to care, life is good. Based on what I’ve seen from my friend’s gardens, it seems like the only real wholesale crop killer type problems are mites.

Edit: everything else is just more of a pain in the ass/ inconvenience but workable.*

Yup that's how I'm looking at it. An inconvenience. Something isn't quite right but it's not so far out of whack that it's a deal breaker. Slow and steady, process of elimination should get it all straightened out in time. I was really anal the second grow after doing more reading and research. But the second was not as good as the first when I just trusted my gut. So now I try to "Keep. It. Simple. Stupid." Listen to the plants and adjust as needed.

If you don't have challenges you'll never grow haha.

Thanks bud. I try not to over do it. Give the plants what they need and let them do their thing. They make perfectly good buds without us interfering no need to muck it up by sticking my grubby fingers where they don't belong haha.

Packing a bunch of plants in the space helps me ensure in maximizing my footprint without extra growing time or effort on my part haha

Nice. Well sts it is then. Thanks!

Few pics of tent #1 from this morning
Bagseed Barbie front pex 2 back
Gorilla bomb
Chemdawg

Veg girls are ready to move. Usually drying takes a week, which would be today. But I'm trying to slow it down so it should still be another few days away.
Some of them are starting to alternate nodes I may go through and prune stuff back to equal nodes so their all closer in the cycle before I move and flip them.

I think I may go ahead and switch to hempy buckets for a full run in the future. I'll have to check the roots out after harvest and see what it really looks like. But the reason I'm considering it is the fabric pots are drying out around the edges in places. I only used one dripper per container and they should really have 2 to keep everything thoroughly hydrated. But that's 18 drippers per tent and they have to be disassembled and reset every 4-6weeks because I still lack a drying space. So I'd prefer to use one dripper per plant

The hempy bucket has stayed thoroughly hydrated the entire time. If the nugs and roots look good at harvest I'll end up switching away from the fabric.

Everything looks pretty good today. The rez only had dynagrow and pH down in it yesterday and it was nice and clear and no stinky! So today I added protekt at 1ml per gallon.

Looks like tent#2 will be dry enough to trim this week.

Tent#1 is starting to chunk out a little bit. Just for giggles I through the loupe on Barbie and she's looking ready. The pex girls are getting close as well. I was still expecting 2-3 more weeks. So that's cool. But now I gotta find a place to put everything. Haha

Back
Top Bottom