Turbo Bucket's Take On RADDWC: Grow Room Build-Up

Yeah doc bud said the same thing. Smokes the trim sells the buds?! Idk if theres trics I'll hit it lmao

Haha that's close to what I do. I trim stuff for others way closer than I do my own. My wife goes back through before she breaks it up and trims it all closer lmao.

Idk but the story I got when I got the no name bag which she came from was that "they had an accident with the pollen and there might be some seeds in it." Of the 8-12 seeds I got they were all female.
He always had fire stuff and still does so I'm inclined to think he was making feminized crosses.

My first set of clones didn't work out and this is the one of 2 remaining seeds that came up, she's still kicking around. I've got some seeds I crossed with that big beautiful Maui Wowie male I had that I'm pretty excited to run at some point.

Ahhhh gotya! Damn yeah it's amazing what can come out of a landrace and some worked genetics. I think that's what the future will be new × old. Heirloom × worked lines. Theres something about the diverse but stable genetics. I mean talk about an F1 vigor!

I think as more people have the opportunity we'll see more and further worked lines.

Like blueberry line bred for 3 gens, mixed with some purple, back bred for a couple gens, sprinkle on a little diesel, back breed again. Line breed a few more times, Now you got a "purple diesel" blueberry that's not crazy unstable but still very different than the next guy based on which plants you both choose to work with out of the same gene pools.

More like what flowers and fruiting plants are. A skunk is a skunk, Apple is an apple but not every Apple or skunk are identical

So many possibilities as more people start growing plants

I have a buddy that’s grown outdoors since the early 80’s. He saves all his sugar leaf for rolling doobies. Swears it’s better than the bud for joints.
Haven’t heard of this before but could def see myself liking this, A LOT. For sure will give it a try as I love joints but sometimes they’re just a little much for what I’m in the mood for which results in trashing a lot of bud.

Another benefit of the dry trim approach is for your head-stash you can be totally lazy and fully cure the weed with trim still on. A lot of times I won’t even trim shit until I’m ready to smoke it, granted that’s just me being lazy, but trimming sucks.

Here's a nug of the purple Trainwreck from tent#2

With the lack of trimming on the bottoms the bud size was reduced but it looks like we may see an increase in net yield. We're getting almost 4 ounces each from the big plants. It's A Lot of popcorn stuff, lots of trichs, but small fluffy buds.

That's my mind set: if it sparkles, I'll spark it haha.

Still playing around with the best veg/trimming procedure to maximize the available space.

I know my lights after slightly under powered but I'm not running co2 so I don't expect a ton more before I need it. I should probably break down and buy a cheap co2 tester one of these days just so I know where I'm at. I wish I could afford a par meter, or knew someone in the state with one atleast.

I had a portable AC I was getting ready to hack up and use for the tents but I sold it yesterday. Which is good and bad, nice to have the money, sad to see it go.

I do still have a couple windowshakers but I'm not sure how to incorporate them into the dual tent system without just conditioning the whole room they are in. If I change to a water cooled condenser that's not a problem. But if I leave it air-cooled it's going to be a bitch to deal with the waste heat as I don't have any windows in the grow room. I could try and build some really low profile plenums, but the stacked return and supply outlets on a windowshaker make it a pain in the ass and will drastically reduce the available airflow and certainly increase the operating noise of the whole production.

It will cost around $150 to switch to water cooled. But I could theoretically put a passive worm cooler in the rez and any time the AC cycled I would get 55-70°f water passing through the rez coil to help keep that cool. If I go water cooled I could tie the lights into it as well and have them actively water cooled. Which would be cool, but probably unnecessary and it opens up whole new doors for terrible failure scenarios. And also greatly increases the installation cost.

I have a few hundred dollars I can spend and I need more lights, active cooling, veg closet watering system, and a dedicated drying space. As well as more nutes, containers and medium for the next run.

Just catchin up on your grow Turbo, nice grow.

Hey there @Lowrider72 :ciao: thanks for stopping by. It's always a work in progress to grow the best bud for as little as possible. Hopefully you find some insight or inspiration somewhere. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Lights and cooling would be my priorities

That's where I'm at, I was planning to take July off to avoid the heat and need for AC but I have enough people depending on product now that doesn't seem to be an option any more.

So so I add lights now? Or seal it up and add co2, then add more lights later. I'd hate to spend money on lights and not be able to run them full power because the environment wasn't up to par. But there's no reason for co2 if the lights aren't powerful enough. Decisions decisions lol. Wish I had deep pockets lmao

Back
Top Bottom