Turbo Stang - NYC Diesel CKS - DWC Hydro

0810161228b.jpg
0810161228a.jpg
0810161228.jpg

3X3..75 inches tall

Sweet...

I ask out of habit. I'm always thinking what I'm gonna do with my next grow. Now that I'm indoors growing, I can harvest 4 times a year instead of one. I love it.

I'm still trying to develop an indoor "style". So many different ways to cultivate a plant.

Was curious if you were thinking ahead to your next run and what that might be...

I'd probabally do it the same way ... I have the P scrogger . I'd like to try that. I see some seeds from Herbies Friut punch. I have a net pot that is open almost the size of the bucket , I thought about trying two plants in the same bucket ... Or just a two bucket grow. I've learned quite a bit so far.. I'll need more advice on when to go 12/12 light cycle and what not. I like the DWC since its bought and paid for...

I wouldn't do two plants in one bucket . It will get pretty crowded . I would do two buckets as you have the room. In regards to 12/12 ,I have never grown auto's but all the research I have done tell me they will start to flower after a given growth period and flower under any light cycle and that's the beauty of autos is you can keep the lights at 18/6 . I feel that if you switch to a 12/12 cycle your yields will be lower .

Edited - wouldn't

I'd probabally do it the same way ... I have the P scrogger . I'd like to try that. I see some seeds from Herbies Friut punch. I have a net pot that is open almost the size of the bucket , I thought about trying two plants in the same bucket ... Or just a two bucket grow. I've learned quite a bit so far.. I'll need more advice on when to go 12/12 light cycle and what not. I like the DWC since its bought and paid for...
I did 2 in one bucket my first dwc grow and it was too much. This one i stuck to one good clone from the first run and lst'ed/topped/supercropped the crap out of it and got a nice bush.
420-magazine-mobile881414781.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1891792306.jpg

Tried to scrog too but flipped a little late so it grew farther above the net i wanted to.
I cant wait to see what you do next time with all your learning this time..

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Don't do the 2 girls 1 cup thing. I tried it once in a 10" net pot and ended up throwing them away, just didn't grow. I've seen people do a whole grow in the 5 gallon buckets, but once they get good size they will drink a lot of water. I like having the big water system, because I'll go a few days without going into my room. Scrog would be the way to go, but making a recirculating set up will make water changes easier. Also, having a reservoir makes it a lot easier to put you ice jugs in. Once you get them under a net you will not be able to simply pull the net lid up and out anymore. If you don't want to go the recirculating route, use a shop vac. Either way, I use a shop vac. The shop vac filter gets killed fast with all that water. Filters are $10-25, depending on the vac. Once the filter falls apart, get swamp cooler padding($10 for about a 3'x3' at Lowe's) , cut to size and use zip ties. Mine has lasted a year and is still good.

I'm doing my whole grow in a 5 gallon bucket... I was wondering how I was going to top water with a scrog, You use the vac to suck up the water ? I know current culture has 8 gallon pots and even 13 gallon pots.. I grow some pretty big tomatoes in a 5 gallon Res. But a 8 gallon deal would be nice.. Yes ultimately I'd like to have a big Res. Deal. But it's expensive right now. Plus I enjoy looking at progress every day. Once this grow is done it will be fall . And the next grow won't need ice .. It will be colder and I'm in a basement.. I love all the advice..

You can set it up so that the scrog screen is attached to the lid of the bucket and then changing the res is pretty much the same as without a screen. I personally rotate my reservoirs so I can wash it between uses. Fill an empty bucket to where you want it, add your nutes, then just pull the lid off the old res and onto the new. Carry the old res away and wash it. Fairly easy and mess free.

I know nothing about DWC other than a few journals I've read.

But here's a tid bit of info about a screen you may find useful.

You only need the screen for training her. As soon as the stretch is over and buds set, you can remove the screen. She will hold her shape at that point.

So, if it is a hassle to run a screen with DWC, you can minimize the time the screen is being used.

Back
Top Bottom