WoW 12! That floater and that GLR are just great! :thumb:

Now here is a question for you, do you think the GLR routine could be started in the middle of veg cycle? I only ask because the plants I have in veg have been there for a while now under 18/6 and 6 of them have a month to go before they go into FLR. I have 4 others in VEG as well and they have 2 months to go before going into veg.

Thanks and :thumb:

:peace:

According to UPS the LED should be arriving today - can't wait to get the GLR started! Thanks again for the inspiration, both for this specific type of grow and for not being afraid to try new things. MUCH respect.

Siscokid
  • You bet. I keep the ladies happy.

MSquared
  • Thanks. Reduce the on hours from 18 to 12 while keeping the same on hour. Then off for 5.5hrs and on for 1hr and off or another 5.5hrs and you're all set. No need to turn the light off for 24hrs or anything. Looking forward to seeing your results!

TheCrimsonK20
  • You're right, the clone is always in water (only the stem). Works great!

ShutUpDonny
  • Thanks. What LED did you get?

Stoned4daze61

• Great! Keep on growing. Then April - July you can veg outdoor and flower indoor to continue with harvesting year round.

Siscokid

MSquared
  • Thanks. Reduce the on hours from 18 to 12 while keeping the same on hour. Then off for 5.5hrs and on for 1hr and off or another 5.5hrs and you're all set. No need to turn the light off for 24hrs or anything. Looking forward to seeing your results!

perfect! :thanks: a week to go with yours and I already have it on the schedule as soon as you give it the 2 :thumb: up!
Again thanks so much!

:peace:

Stoned4daze61
  • For plants in veg mode and clones are all under GLR, connect to the same power strip on one timer for convenience. Also the veg tent is open so the cloner (outside of the tent) must have the same cycle or there would be light leak. GLR is noticeable in veg mode but not in clone. The clones seem to do fine with average of 4-7 days for first root appeared (strain vary) then full blown roots growth (5in+ in length) by 2nd week, which is ideal for transplanting.

Update: White Balance Yer Camera

Before I shoot anything I take the time to white balance my camera so the subject is displaying true colors. Plants looks more attractive in white balance even when they are lid by hps lights or any kind of light really. Most common photos for cannabis community is taking pictures under HPS light, the yellow colors can often hide deficiencies in plants that we don't see, and too much of the yellow we have no idea the true colors of the buds.

For more appealing photos white balance your camera. It works for any light condition, and can also work for LED (purple cast) too.

Some basic (point-n-shoot/DSLR) and advanced (DSLR) tips for white balance.

HPS (left) - White Balance (right)
MG_1982.jpg

Basic:

tungsten.gif
- Configuration of digital camera white balance for tungsten light sources.
  • Good for High Pressure Sodium (HPS), any wattage. CFL (warm/softwhite)

fluorescent.gif
- Adjustment of digital white balance for fluorescent lamp light sources.
  • Good for metal-halide, T5/T8/T12, CFL (daylight).

Advanced:

cwb.gif
- (Canon) Custom white balance. Adjusts the presumed white point for digital cameras.
  • Good for any color temperature. Most accurate white balance. Great for LED.

For custom balance you need a DSLR, unless your camera point-n-shoot camera has custom white balance. What you need is a white printing paper. Before taking pictures of your plants under any lighting, use the paper as a tool to give you accurate colors in your pictures.

- Hold the white paper and fill the view finder with it, it does not have to be in focus. Meter the camera from the paper then take a shot. Go into your camera and select custom white balance and select the photo you just took of the white paper as your source.
- You are now free to shoot and will have color perfect in your photos.
- When you change location and the light is different color temperature, say you were in HPS room (flower) and now you're in MH room (veg), you will need to do this again.

There are fancy white balance tools for your camera (which can cost $10-20) but this is the most inexpensive and fast works the same.

Paper color under HPS
MG_1983.jpg

Paper color under MH
MG_1970.jpg

I don't have LED running but the steps is the same. Once the camera is set to the correct white balance the differences is rewarding. It gives life to your photos.

See the difference? Much pleasing to the eye. HPS (top) - White Balance (bottom)
MG_1989.jpg

:love::Namaste:

+rep on the white balance tutorial... I could have really used this a week ago or so! I almost put together something like this after spending most of a day figuring it out for myself... But, I never could have done it this well or as nicely. :welldone:

Great job, Twelve

Oh, and I found out that shooting in RAW mode (if you have it) makes editing after the fact SO much easier. I was stunned at how much you can do after the fact if you simply shoot in RAW mode.

:bong:

+rep on the white balance tutorial... I could have really used this a week ago or so! I almost put together something like this after spending most of a day figuring it out for myself... But, I never could have done it this well or as nicely. :welldone:

Great job, Twelve

Oh, and I found out that shooting in RAW mode (if you have it) makes editing after the fact SO much easier. I was stunned at how much you can do after the fact if you simply shoot in RAW mode.

:bong:

I tried to help ya but cameras are not my strong point. I know tungsten helps with hps lighting. I fumble through the rest. I repped Twelve12 too.

I am repping 12/12 too. That is a great tutorial. Talk about the lottery in reps!!!! :circle-of-love:

Siscokid
  • Not a problem! Thanks for checking it out.

Xlr8
  • You're right RAW file is great! I love shooting in RAW (editing) + JPEG (for previewing). Works great with Photoshop and Adobe Bridge. Was thinking of making some posters out of the pics and keep a "Grow Portfolio" or as an amateur breeder "Strain Portfolio". :}

• With white balance on photos not much to edit just place in my usual logo and description and off to publishing (online).

Mr. Krip
  • Give it a try you'll love it. I see you're into taking pics as well this can enhance the beauty of your plants.

Closet Farmer
  • Thanks, glad you enjoy it. It was put together real quick one afternoon. Speaking of Lottery, Powerball is all time high for Sat drawing!

Mr Smith
  • Ok, you ask for it I'll have more tips and tricks up soon. I'll try to give to both basic and advanced, point-n-shoot and DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflector).

Thanks everyone for the reps. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom