Uh oh: a couple seeds?

Tomorrow is end of week 9 flower...plan to scope good tomorrow, but may chop all before the weekend closes out. Watering and inspecting today I found what may be a couple seeds...pic attached. Ive been looking for hermies the whole grow, no male flowers I can see. I really never stressed the plants. Cali Connection Corleone Kush fem.
956049E1-3E75-4982-8348-FC2668283B66.jpeg

Beautiful flowers! Pop that pic into the POTM! You must have had a male part somewhere...I think fem'd seeds are often pretty unstable. I'm up to my eyeballs in seeds right now...I let a hermie go in my room and the effects of it have lasted several months past when I chopped that plant. Since then I have had plants with varying amounts of seeds from the impregnated sisters, as well as other plants I didn't find out till I harvested that there were indeed some scattered boy parts I wouldn't have never seen prior to the chop. If they are buried like that I belive they have less opportunity for horizontal bop but if they are there it's inevitable. Lets hope you get just those few! CHeers mate, gl!

Beautiful flowers! Pop that pic into the POTM! You must have had a male part somewhere...I think fem'd seeds are often pretty unstable. I'm up to my eyeballs in seeds right now...I let a hermie go in my room and the effects of it have lasted several months past when I chopped that plant. Since then I have had plants with varying amounts of seeds from the impregnated sisters, as well as other plants I didn't find out till I harvested that there were indeed some scattered boy parts I wouldn't have never seen prior to the chop. If they are buried like that I belive they have less opportunity for horizontal bop but if they are there it's inevitable. Lets hope you get just those few! CHeers mate, gl!
Pbass...scoped...need another week. Pulled all and looked hard under good light and see no male flowers. Hopefully one is buried and will do no more harm. We will see.

Yep...have some seeds for sure. Found a tiny male bit low on the same plant yesterday. Im mostly cloudy and a little less amber than I wanted for this night time indica. This is my second grow and first hermie...so unplugged the light last night and will chop later today. I dont know how bad the buds will be seeded since I have great airflow in the grow cabinet. I will know soon enough.

Finish it out at this point, no point cutting it short if close unless you have other plants you worried about (and even then if it has done anything the damage is done so to speak this late in the game). Seeds don't affect the quality all that much other than having to find them so they don't explode in your smoking device of choice, if you pollinate early (intentional or not) it can affect your overall quantity but quality not anything noticeable in my experience unlike harvesting before it is ready can do. As I have intentionally pollinated a clone and couldn't tell any difference in effect from one of her Sisters I grew out un-pollinated.

Finish it out at this point, no point cutting it short if close unless you have other plants you worried about (and even then if it has done anything the damage is done so to speak this late in the game). Seeds don't affect the quality all that much other than having to find them so they don't explode in your smoking device of choice, if you pollinate early (intentional or not) it can affect your overall quantity but quality not anything noticeable in my experience unlike harvesting before it is ready can do. As I have intentionally pollinated a clone and couldn't tell any difference in effect from one of her Sisters I grew out un-pollinated.
Thanks for the wisdom...new to this. Im growing for meds, so should be ok. The Columbian red and gold we bought in the 70’s was very seeded at $35-$40/oz and was most often amazing. I might end up with a few viable seeds from this grow, but heard they would likely hermie as well.

Thanks for the wisdom...new to this. Im growing for meds, so should be ok. The Columbian red and gold we bought in the 70’s was very seeded at $35-$40/oz and was most often amazing. I might end up with a few viable seeds from this grow, but heard they would likely hermie as well.

Yes different if you growing for money as it tanks its "value", doesn't affect quality IMHO and just slightly affects quantity as sure it spend some energy on making seeds but it is still making flowers trying make more seeds so not like it just stops doing what it is doing ;)

Back
Top Bottom