Urban Achievers Inner City Seeds of Promise

Ah, but once they get above the screen, you'll need that plant fiddling time!

You could always go for a pre made net from a hydro store or Amazon. I know Secret Jardin for example makes a scrog net that works well. It uses material almost like shoe laces? I know for me as not much of a DIYer that was an easy choice.

I decided the hemp will stay on my net this time... It's obnoxious to have the little fibers flying but started thinking, if I get hemp in my hemp plant, who cares! And I'm lazy and the girls are touching it already so yeah!

I know the feeling Urb it's a busy time of year for me too. Gotta get my garden all cleaned up today before the snow consumes it all and it's below 0 f. Haha. Still single digits . Hope all is well bud ✌

Happy Halloween to all you 420 folks! I have been busy with work, other hobbies, and family so that has left little time for updates or photos.

The purple light is still a bit of an irritant to me. They are too bright for what I want (photography wise) and I havent had any motivation to put the T5 white light in the flower tent just to take better photographs.

Anyway. Since backing off foliars and the aerated compost tea there have been zero issues with toxicity/deficiencies. But I have two hanging insect/fly traps in the tent and they have been picking up the odd winged pest. Havent seen them in numbers alive so I am just going to maintain my zen of doing nothing lol.

The plants themselves are doing well in the new light and larger geopots. The two green cush and the blue dream are branching out well. The amnesia og is recovering from the mainline attempt but still behind. If you look closely you will see the white widow in the 1 gallon geopot still alive. The WW is even starting to get some height.

Green Cush are the back two, blue dream lower left, white widow middle, amnesia og lower right.
IMG_0032173.JPG

Close up of the blue dream. I really should take a clone or three of this. I have been smoking some of it from a dispensary and its got a great vibe to it.
IMG_0034169.JPG

The white widow and view under the net. I will clean them up at a later date.
IMG_0033180.JPG

Few last thoughts.
My temperature has been about 69F with RH around 45-50%. Slightly cooler than ideal. Not changing it.
We are sitting at around 60 days from seed drop/pop.
Put a few first grow stresses on the plants.
Feel slightly behind but this is for quality not quantity. The Dudes Mantra.

Goodmorning and happy Saturday UrbanAchiever, we miss you over here!

Hey great update Urb. The plants look mighty happy!!! I wouldn't sweat there age bud. Just keep giving them that tlc, it seems to be working great!!

Hey there UA... looks like the garden is about to take off! Everything looking green, happy and healthy.

Butchers twine looks good ... I'm going to get me some. I just trimmed up some plants I had that hairy hemp string tied up with and there were a few fibers. Removed them by had while trimming so not too bad but I think you made the right move changing it. I was only using it to tie down some big ass colas to keep them from getting into the lamps.

GL with the grow!

Looking good brother!! Hope that White widow explodes for you!
I think it just might, its getting bigger but probably will get crowded out soon, but I would be happy with it finishing strong. A micro example of tenacity in life.

Goodmorning and happy Saturday UrbanAchiever, we miss you over here!
thanks man, been missing the energy and positivity for sure, grinding out a living lol

Hey great update Urb. The plants look mighty happy!!! I wouldn't sweat there age bud. Just keep giving them that tlc, it seems to be working great!!
Yeah I am happy they are doing well, I have an ability to not work on things lol, and the plants appreciate it I think. Let nature take its course and assist only when needed.

Hey UA looking good. I wouldn't sweat the time its just an illusion my friend. Keep tucking those babys and you are gonna have a hellofva crop.
Yeah now that I have my medicine being delivered to my door...I am in no rush to harvest my own. However I want it to be killer smoke when I do, so let the plants tell me when to move on to the next phase.

Hey there UA... looks like the garden is about to take off! Everything looking green, happy and healthy.

Butchers twine looks good ... I'm going to get me some. I just trimmed up some plants I had that hairy hemp string tied up with and there were a few fibers. Removed them by had while trimming so not too bad but I think you made the right move changing it. I was only using it to tie down some big ass colas to keep them from getting into the lamps.

GL with the grow!
Thanks! I appreciate all your support, definitely couldnt have made it this far without this forum, and am looking forward to seeing these plants blossom. Speaking of which...

I made the decision to flip the light cycle to a 12/12 yesterday. The light will be on from midnite to noon in order to take advantage of the lower cost of electricity at night. I took some of my soil and added some neem meal, kelp meal, earth worm castings, and diatomecious earth for a top dressing. I gave all the plants a nice top dressing and thorough watering.

Next I removed all the twine. I have the basic shape and even canopy I wanted so I removed the twine. I feel the need for me to water and perform basic maintenance will be more important than the net. I can always tie portions down if needed.

Then I trimmed up the lower leaves and gave them a general cleaning.

I was noticing a few flies accumulating on the hanging fly traps so I went out and bought some sticky traps for the soil. I have had one victim in 24 hours. Between the neem meal top dressing and all the traps...I shouldnt have a problem with bugs in my buds lol.

Overall they are looking good. I will bust out the good camera at some point when something interesting shows up.

Thanks again for all your support!

IMG_010268.JPG

IMG_010166.JPG

Looks beautiful UrbanAchiever! Loving the lock down pads, can't believe how much they have grown since last update either, really taking off

Thanks everyone, I am just getting out of the way of them at this point, they know what to do. I think I took off the net too early, I need to control some of the early stretch and help fill the space properly, which I kind of knew but whatever lol. I raised my adjustable frame and restrung the net. It makes me a little more confident that I can control their height.

I am still a long ways off from harvesting anything...and I am getting low on my current dispensary Blue Dream and Amnesia Haze. The Blue Dream is some of the best smoke I have ever had as far as clarity, euphoria, and relaxation. I hope my home grown has that same vibe. I would grow it by the barrel. The Amnesia Haze is good too but it does taper off the head high after 2 hours and gently drops you into the couch.

Anyway, anticipating my future medication needs I placed another order...to arrive in 3 business days directly to my door lol...and there is some good stuff in this order:
IMG_0240.PNG

Have a great day folks

Oh nice... Lemme know how you like the Durban Poison and Acapulco Gold... I'm running a strain right now that is a combo of those 2 with the male being C99....

It's a Sativa high good for daytime.... ran my last plant 91 days and its good all around not near as racy as the 63 day plants from last round. Still gets me good n ripped... BD prolly one of the best all time (modern times). Try some Chemdawg if you can find it.... another top sativa leaner.

Plants are looking great.... won't be long now. This should be your last time without any stash.

Growers shouldn't let other growers go to the dispensary..... we need to do something about that.

Looking great UA! Good luck keeping those canopies even as the plants stretch. Maybe you could use stands of different heights if they start to stretch differently.

Thanks gentlemen, did a quick check on the plants before lights out, got them in the dark during high electricity usage times for these parts. With my early morning vs late afternoon shifts this light schedule generally works well. Gave them a light drink of water today.

The white widow is taking off and catching up height wise but I think the 1 gallon pot will keep the growth in check. The rest of the plants are showing pistils and beginning to stretch. Poking up through the net before getting put in the corner. I will bust out the camera for a good photo update soon.

Hey urb hope all is well buddy. Can't wait for some pics and an update!

"He's a good man...and thorough."

Well you asked for it and here it is. A proper update.

First off, I have been busy with the new winter job, a week of days and a week of nights. Repeat. So it has left me little time to interfere with the plants but also limits update potential...not to mention reading everyone elses journal. Price you pay for being a productive member of society lol.

The latest dispensary purchase has been pretty good. The Acapulco Gold is killer, total sativa high with legs, no slow down. Durban poison is much the same but does let you down after a few hours. Lemon Sour Diesel has more flavour and more of the indica impact. Havent tried much of the G13. Also pulled the trigger on a Mighty vaporizer from S&B...pretty satisfied with that purchase.

Finally put some light into the tent for photos, so these are more my style, lets get back on the photo update train...

Here you can see a few things: the white widow in the middle reaching to compete for light, I think I can get a fat cola on that little plant. On the lower left, you can see how my semi manifold/lst attempt on the OG worked out. Not bad. On the lower right is the Green Cush #3 which was topped. The main branches are thick with good development. The back two (GC4 on the left, Blue Dream #5 on the right)were fimmed and are pretty bushy. Those two have excellent node spacing and development. I didnt take pictures of the blue dream, but take my word for it, it will be one of my best plants as far as plant structure and bud production goes.

Temps have been around 71, RH around 37%, flies havent had much of a chance between the lockout pads and sticky hanging traps. Minor issue and not impacting the plants. Still no foliars or teas. Just my soil and plain water.
IMG_024156.JPG

I have about 70% of the net filled, and thats after raising it a week or two ago, with a fairly even canopy. The Amnesia OG is a bit behind but I have confidence it will catch up.
IMG_024957.JPG

The white widow has really put on the afterburners to reach the net as the surrounding plants start to take more of the available light. Its only going to be limited by its 1 gallon pot at this point. A good recovery from its rough start. Glad I didnt cull it.
IMG_024362.JPG

The Green Cush is doing very well, #3 not quite as well as #4, but still very solid growth. I can see these producing beautiful buds.
IMG_024769.JPG

IMG_024662.JPG

IMG_024571.JPG

IMG_024463.JPG

Here you can see the Amnesia OG is a bit behind the rest of the plants but not by much.
IMG_024269.JPG

"No, Walter, you're not wrong. You're just an asshole." Today is my saturday so, I am off to do Sierra Fox Alpha, everyone have a good one. Cheers.

IMG_010464.JPG

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom