Using a metal pipe?

Doctor Trevor

A friend gave me a brass tobacco pipe that I'd like to use for weed. Another friend suggested not to use metal.

Would there be a problem using this?

Attachments

• brass pipe.jpg
    brass pipe.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 98
Smoking through brass shouldn’t be any problem at all. It is non-toxic. Sometimes you will see brass objects which contain nickel or have a nickel coating- which can be toxic. But from appearance yours isn’t one of those.

Totally unrelated note but interesting story. When I was a kid we made a piece out of brass like metal fittings from the garage to smoke. Our ride took a rip and passed out at a baseball field. We had to wait like 2 hours before he was comfortable to drive. Not sure if there was some residual oils or just a weird reaction but that was a trip

Depends on what the brass is made of (various things are used or has been used to make brass), can give off zinc oxide fumes sames as when welding Galvanized which is nasty stuff, albeit you are not getting it as hot as when welding but it's possible.

Totally unrelated note but interesting story. When I was a kid we made a piece out of brass like metal fittings from the garage to smoke. Our ride took a rip and passed out at a baseball field. We had to wait like 2 hours before he was comfortable to drive. Not sure if there was some residual oils or just a weird reaction but that was a trip
Did anyone else get sick or passed out?

Did anyone else get sick or passed out?

No, me and the other guy were just baked while we waited. But he was out like a light like right away. Never seen anything like it before.

From what I remember he came to fairly quickly but he was pretty shook so we just chilled at the park until he was good to go.

Depends on what the brass is made of (various things are used or has been used to make brass), can give off zinc oxide fumes same as when welding Galvanized which is nasty stuff, albeit you are not getting it as hot as when welding but it's possible.

As this was made for smoking, I'd like to think it's made from the proper brass.

Famous last words, I know.

As this was made for smoking, I'd like to think it's made from the proper brass.

Famous last words, I know.

Depends when it was made though too, as Trichloroethylene was a great parts cleaner and used in most solvent tanks at automotive places back when nobody used gloves or the like when using it ;) . It's one of those probably not a problem if you use it once in awhile, as one of those "breathing air is hazardous to your health" anymore too :rofl:

If your sense of taste/smell goes whacky after using it I would not use it anymore, but probably not getting hot enough to burn off the zinc if it has any in it. I was welding in some galvanized steps outside at Lumber Mill I worked at and the wind shifted on me in middle of my weld, filled my hood up with smoke and everything tasted/smelled exactly the same for about a week which kinda sucked ;) :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom