Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking cinder blocks to hold the wood posts and have some rebar as anchor points and use some ropes to stabilize??

Nothing fancy, all I need is air flow and protection from non stop rain.

should work sans a hurricane. it's essentially a tent.

I’m thinking cinder blocks to hold the wood posts and have some rebar as anchor points and use some ropes to stabilize??

Nothing fancy, all I need is air flow and protection from non stop rain.
That's Vancouver for you, dude! Beautiful but sooo wet.

If you can stabilize the blocks with rebar and a 2 point rope anchor, all should go well.
I am so glad that you were able to continue your grow! :yahoo:
Keep up the good work, my friend!

Cheers!

Hey Dan - I have built a "Lean to" style cover that is attached to my wood shed. Four - 3' sliding glass door panels as the roof. I also roll my laundry tubs under each night come this time of year. I am the ultimate scrounger and check "Kijiji free" many times a day!! There always seems to be someone giving these things away. I got these and enough to build my green house from a Comfort Inn renovation.
DSCF5045.JPG
Nice skids!

Poly, tent trailer carcasses, wind and rain. Ahhhhh... so good to be home.
This can happen Danish, better than 50/50. You can put in some holes around edge of 'roof' that wont leak onto plants to spill/relieve windage and water pressures. Every reduction in 'sail area' makes a diff, esp near the poles/supports. If by chance you end up with an inverse "V" you can also spill some pressure at the peak as very little water will flow there. Don't know what local direction poor weather wind will come from, but your friend will. If in doubt, low edge to the SSE. Man, if we'd had camera phones in the 90s... Ah well, who knows, if there where I might not be able to form sentences today. Yeah, ok, I walked into that one...

I had a visit today to my beloved phenos. Im really excited to see this today. Lots and lots of healthy looking fan leaves and lots of new buds (for the ones flowering) the other late sativas are getting there. Im really happy, wow cant even understand how its happening but its there, they are flowering in pots.

I just gave them water, nothing else just water. I didtn come prepared with foliar spray of any thing else. My visit today was pure contemplation.

Chunky Skunk
Finally saw some pistils on this one.
IMG_4511.jpg
IMG_4512.jpg
IMG_4513.jpg

Xenomorph (aka durban poison)
Im so impressed with the resilience of this pheno. Its making some buds and seems to have recovered completly from all the havoc of the past 2 weeks.
IMG_4514.jpg
IMG_4515.jpg
IMG_4516.jpg
IMG_4517.jpg
IMG_4518.jpg
IMG_4519.jpg

Dutertes Nightmare (unknown genetics)
Just keeps doing her thing, doesnt seem to mind at all the change.
IMG_4521.jpg
IMG_4522.jpg
IMG_4523.jpg
IMG_4524.jpg
IMG_4520.jpg
IMG_4525.jpg

Personal Sativa
She is doing great, cant be happier with this pheno. She was the biggest of them all and kinda still is, the change from soil to pots did make a huge effect on it but still she is doing great. Seems like she wants to start flower any time soon.
IMG_4526.jpg
IMG_4527.jpg
IMG_4528.jpg
IMG_4529.jpg

Looks like everyone made it through the transition, and just in time for flower! :thumb:

Looks Like tickets are sold out and the show is about to start.

We made it to flower now let’s go thru it.
:high-five:

I went thru all the phenos, took some decaying fan leaves,gave them a good shaking like moved around all the stalks and leaves, looked for PM, mold, critters. Im feeling confident again.

That Xenomoprh is really ahead of the rest, even ahead of my friends plants (his are in a greenhouse and are not making buds yet).

I’ve started a new batch with new organic matter of horsetail anaerobic tea for foliar. Next time I’m there will be foliar spray.

:Namaste:

Looks Like tickets are sold out and the show is about to start.

We made it to flower now let’s go thru it.
:high-five:

I went thru all the phenos, took some decaying fan leaves,gave them a good shaking like moved around all the stalks and leaves, looked for PM, mold, critters. Im feeling confident again.

That Xenomoprh is really ahead of the rest, even ahead of my friends plants (his are in a greenhouse and are not making buds yet).

I’ve started a new batch with new organic matter of horsetail anaerobic tea for foliar. Next time I’m there will be foliar spray.

You came back nicely, bro! Kudos! :thumb:

When you potted the Sativa, did you bury it an extra few inches? I see many solid trunks.

Marvelous transition and am glad that you saved your harvest.

Cheers!

You came back nicely, bro! Kudos! :thumb:

When you potted the Sativa, did you bury it an extra few inches? I see many solid trunks.

Marvelous transition and am glad that you saved your harvest.

Cheers!

Thanks Scott, it hasnt been the smoothest ride but I still enjoy it, specially when I see them bounce back and do their thing.

The thought of potting a plant that size made me panic for sure... I put in practice something from planting tomatos, Its said that when planting tomatos you wanna dig a deep hole 2 ft deep if possible and plant the tomato with stems touching the ground, the stem tissue once in contact with soil will start to grow roots, adventitious roots its called, giving a stronger root ball and ovearlll stronger plant. Now that works for tomatos, not sure about cannabis, the theory says cannabis has the possibility of making adventitious roots, an example of that is cloning. So I gave it a try.

I didnt have much choice, the pots are almost 2 1/2 ft tall so I dug up about a sq ft of root ball from the plant, had a 1/2 ft of soil in the pot, placed the plant and then covered with anothe ft of soil... I covered at least a ft of the plant in soil thats why you see stalks sticking out of the soil in different parts of the pot.

Im feeling good about the transition, its been a while now and they seem to be good, stable and ready to flower.

:passitleft:

Had the time and went and did it.
Ferns, Ferns all over. Does it blend in?

IMG_4538.jpg
IMG_4550.jpg

The one pheno from seed, she is not a clone.
IMG_4544.jpg

She looks interesting.
IMG_4545.jpg

Personal Sativa 2 Clones in one pot.
IMG_4543.jpg

Xenomoprh clones buds. These are not in pots they are in the ground.
IMG_4542.jpg
IMG_4539.jpg

Another personal Sativa clone, she is in the ground.
IMG_4546-1.jpg
IMG_4547-1.jpg

IMG_4549-1.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg
IMG_4550.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

She looks interesting.
IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg
IMG_4539.jpg

IMG_4546-1.jpg
IMG_4547-1.jpg

IMG_4549-1.jpg

I wanted to share the Anaerobic horsetail/molasses/wormcasting/water "brew", the molasses is acting as a catalyst to the fermentation. When I open the lid and oxygen gets in, there is a long effervescence (Im guessing carbon dioxide), and yup it overflows just like champagne, I made a mess when I open the lid...
Since I've been putting molsses I dont let them go for long so they dont become alcohol or vinager. When I dont put molasses I can let them go for weeks with no problem.

This is what I have been using lately for foliar spray in mix with neem oil. I also use part of this liquid, I mix with water and today I added a doble dose of rock phosphate to the jerry can. 23 ltr mix dumped on the clones and foliar sprayed.
IMG_4534.jpg
IMG_4535.jpg
IMG_4536.jpg
IMG_4537.jpg

Some information regarding Anaerobic cultures in wine making.

"The word anaerobic means “without oxygen,” and when applied to fermentation simply refers to an environment by which wine, specialty coffee, and even beer is made in an oxygen-free environment.

Jamie Goode, a wine writer and the author of “The Science of Wine: From Vine to Glass,” writes in his book: “The basis of carbonic maceration is the biochemical process of anaerobic fermentation, the breakdown of sugars to release energy in the absence of oxygen. Yeasts use this pathway even when oxygen is present, and the result is that sugar is broken down to alcohol and carbon dioxide.”

Rather than crushing the grapes and adding yeast to jump-start fermentation, carbonic maceration involves the addition of whole clusters of grapes and carbon dioxide gas into a sealed tank. After the grapes absorb the carbon dioxide, anaerobic fermentation begins when enzymes begin converting the sugar into alcohol, while also reducing the amount of malic acid inside each grape.

Once the alcohol reaches more than 2 percent, the grapes break open. But as VinePair explains, “typically, a winemaker will choose to press the grapes before this point, taking the fermenting juice out of its anaerobic environment and exposing it to oxygen. Yeast will then step in to finish the job, completing the fermentation of sugar into alcohol.”

Many producers utilize variations of a process called “semi-carbonic maceration.” While relying on the same chemical processes discussed above, semi-carbonic maceration employs carbon dioxide that is naturally created when grapes begin to break down. In this production method, the weight of the top portion of a tank of grapes slowly crushes the bottom section, causing them to release their juices. This juice along with ambient yeasts begins to ferment, creating carbon dioxide and forcing the still-intact whole grapes into anaerobic fermentation."

IMG_4538.jpg
IMG_4550.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

She looks interesting.
IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg
IMG_4539.jpg

IMG_4546-1.jpg
IMG_4547-1.jpg

IMG_4549-1.jpg
Camouflage! They are looking really good Dani glad to see the clones worked out

I wanted to share the Anaerobic horsetail/molasses/wormcasting/water "brew", the molasses is acting as a catalyst to the fermentation. When I open the lid and oxygen gets in, there is a long effervescence (Im guessing carbon dioxide), and yup it overflows just like champagne, I made a mess when I open the lid...
Since I've been putting molsses I dont let them go for long so they dont become alcohol or vinager. When I dont put molasses I can let them go for weeks with no problem.

This is what I have been using lately for foliar spray in mix with neem oil. I also use part of this liquid, I mix with water and today I added a doble dose of rock phosphate to the jerry can. 23 ltr mix dumped on the clones and foliar sprayed.
IMG_4534.jpg
IMG_4535.jpg
IMG_4536.jpg
IMG_4537.jpg

Some information regarding Anaerobic cultures in wine making.

"The word anaerobic means “without oxygen,” and when applied to fermentation simply refers to an environment by which wine, specialty coffee, and even beer is made in an oxygen-free environment.

Jamie Goode, a wine writer and the author of “The Science of Wine: From Vine to Glass,” writes in his book: “The basis of carbonic maceration is the biochemical process of anaerobic fermentation, the breakdown of sugars to release energy in the absence of oxygen. Yeasts use this pathway even when oxygen is present, and the result is that sugar is broken down to alcohol and carbon dioxide.”

Rather than crushing the grapes and adding yeast to jump-start fermentation, carbonic maceration involves the addition of whole clusters of grapes and carbon dioxide gas into a sealed tank. After the grapes absorb the carbon dioxide, anaerobic fermentation begins when enzymes begin converting the sugar into alcohol, while also reducing the amount of malic acid inside each grape.

Once the alcohol reaches more than 2 percent, the grapes break open. But as VinePair explains, “typically, a winemaker will choose to press the grapes before this point, taking the fermenting juice out of its anaerobic environment and exposing it to oxygen. Yeast will then step in to finish the job, completing the fermentation of sugar into alcohol.”

Many producers utilize variations of a process called “semi-carbonic maceration.” While relying on the same chemical processes discussed above, semi-carbonic maceration employs carbon dioxide that is naturally created when grapes begin to break down. In this production method, the weight of the top portion of a tank of grapes slowly crushes the bottom section, causing them to release their juices. This juice along with ambient yeasts begins to ferment, creating carbon dioxide and forcing the still-intact whole grapes into anaerobic fermentation."
Girls look fantastic Amigo.:welldone:
Thanks for the info On the fert.
Hope your having a great day.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

the stem tissue once in contact with soil will start to grow roots, adventitious roots its called, giving a stronger root ball and ovearlll stronger plant. Now that works for tomatos, not sure about cannabis,
Same for cannabis.

Looks great!

Camouflage! They are looking really good Dani glad to see the clones worked out
Girls look fantastic Amigo.:welldone:
Thanks for the info On the fert.
Hope your having a great day.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Same for cannabis.

Looks great!

Thank you all for the support all along this crazy grow. It’s been fun.

I think they blend in right?

Funny story, we started walking around the clones with a perimeter of 50ft from the plants… we found a trail with a sign lol!!! And it passes almost in front of the plants.

Like come on! Can I catch a break…

We took the sign down (sorry locals), and well we just thinking no one is gonna be doing that trail any time soon. In all fairness it was overgrown, abandoned and no one visits this particular site, it is a hang out for people doing pallet fires and shooting guns, not people particularly looking for cannabis.

Fantastic. Let us know if any roots did manage to start post-transplant when you harvest. I wouldn't think there's time enough for them to be impactful on the grow but I'm prepared to be happily surprised. Good job, you wouldn't have had a choice really, and you needed to fill those pots to give them the best chance, well-done.

How did you make out germ-wise with the seeds? Did you soak and then dirt-nap them immed, or try to grow tails then plant, or...?

Clone pots look.... like they never existed! Like a Star-Trek "away team", they've dissolved into atoms.
Spacey.gif

I think your brews are hugely beneficial to the full organism that is itself critical to survival and vitality. Looking at that cannabis plant we've long assumed is mostly plant material, we now know it is in fact made of more microbial cells than plant cells. Just like us humans. By the number of cells or outright volume, you, I, and Ms. Xenomorph contain more microbial matter than human or "plant" matter respectively. Genes create the natural borders that are our potential, given the best-case scenario, but our microbes are fully responsible for our present health, vitality, and indeed our ability to even approach those borders of potential that our genes define.

I just find this to be such a profound and potentially disruptive piece of knowledge that it still keeps blowing my mind all day, every day.

Those 'crobes needed to take dinner to go just as much as your plant-cell portion of "the plant" did, and you provided, and keep providing to supplement as they become accustomed to their new environment.

Let us know if any roots did manage to start post-transplant when you harvest. I wouldn't think there's time enough for them to be impactful on the grow but I'm prepared to be happily surprised.
The roots are supposed to continue to grow right through stretch so I would think they would would be able to add something in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom