Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

@MrSauga .I posted on hempy headquarters. If you can jump over there I have it laid out.
It would save me time.....I've had just about the worst day.
:( Hope things get better for you whatever it is. Sending lots of love :green_heart:

Hi VG!
Lots of different opinions at HHQ. I'm not sure I can help you on the pH issues as it looks like you have found the best members available over there.
I wish I could tell you more how the MC will react in Hempy with calcium intake. You can increase the MC and stay within the recommended dose for the stage the plant is in, but other factors may be causing the tip burn like a high N level in the feed water.

I do hope today is better than yesterday's for you. :hug:

I'm going to try lowering my feed pH to 5.5 ish. I think with my pH is rising too fast if I pH it at 5.8. It can't grab the calcium it needs.
I really don't want to do ro.
I'm going to refresh my res more and try to get a lower starting pH, see what that does.
I was looking at the cal-mag product from Greenleaf last night. It says it has 2 forms of nitrogen. So I'm wondering if I should get a different calmag.
My Dynagrow pH down has an NPK of 1-5-0.
Maybe too much N from this?

How often are you watering

Have u checked you water ppm, probably has some serious buffers if it's changing so much

I use an RO Buddy, like $50, best thing I did, but my water is 400-550ppm, literally fish and rocks fall outs it..lol

I'm going to try lowering my feed pH to 5.5 ish. I think with my pH is rising too fast if I pH it at 5.8. It can't grab the calcium it needs.
I really don't want to do ro.
I'm going to refresh my res more and try to get a lower starting pH, see what that does.
I was looking at the cal-mag product from Greenleaf last night. It says it has 2 forms of nitrogen. So I'm wondering if I should get a different calmag.
My Dynagrow pH down has an NPK of 1-5-0.
Maybe too much N from this?

Let me try and calculate it for you. How much exactly of what are you feeding.

MC - grams
pH Down - mL
calmag - mL
water - gal or liter

I'll try and get an answer on where you are at within an hour as I have to step out for a short bit.

I was watering every 2-3 days. I don't know my ec/ppms from tap. I don't have a meter, yet.
I am feeding at 4 grams/gallon. Not sure how much pH down I'm using either. My graduated pipettes should be here today. I've just been adding mixing and testing at this point.
I am not using cal-mag yet. Mega Crop is supposed to have enough in it, but I'm looking at options. I also have hard water so I really think PH lockout.
I wonder if the extension service would know my towns ppms? The water co. isn't getting back to me.

I did and ours isn't stated. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?
It says city water report. I'll check it out again,see if I can't find some other site with more info.

It tells me how much chlorine, copper and lead. Nothing else really.
I'm going to call them and the University on Monday maybe the extension service as well.
I thought maybe one of the fish stores would know. They are all using ro so no help there.

Hi VG,
OK so assuming you are using two mLs of pH down with the 4g's of MC your NPK ratio is 7-6-9. Your N load is only 102ppm. This should be in the range of 90-150, so you're good there.
If, and only if, your water is on the high ppm side of 400 then your ppm for all that would be around 895 and an EC of 1.79 on .5 scale.

I don't know what those numbers mean in a hempy grow, but at least you have something to go on.

I based that on 4g/gal of MC and your pH Down of 1-5-0.

Please do.

I'll measure my pH down next time as well.
My pipettes and fan speed controller came today. The Lemon is stinky already so I had to address that fast.
Ec meter is next on the list.

OK, so if you add 5g of MC, and supposing it is 2 mL of down, which is unlikely, and your tap water is 400ppm, then that would put you with a N load of 128.

Your PPM would be 1017 and EC of 2.03. Too high for my liking.
If your tap water was 300ppm, then your feed PPM would be 917 with EC of 1.83... much better.
So, 5g would be the way to go if your tap water ppm was 300 or lower.

I was hoping we could increase the MC, but right now I wouldn't change anything until you know more about your water ppm levels.

Hopefully I will find some info this week.
I am going to stick with my plan for now. Keep a better eye on the pH, refresh the reservoir. If I can't come up with my ec info I am going to move her up to 4.5/gal.
I just had an unexpected trip I had to schedule and I don't know when I can get $$$ for a meter.
It's one of the last things I feel I really need and should have been one of my first purchases.

Half the cost of an RO system is the $$$ of the ppm pen

I'd get an RO Buddy, and not worry about the ec/ppm

Problem solved

I was looking at those a few years back. Are they a countertop device or under sink mount?
Do they tie into a drain? I've never seen one mounted or set up.

I'm really wondering if I have the room.

Back
Top Bottom