Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Careful if you collect from your gutters. I used to do that and it gave me root rot from the bacteria that lives on the roof. I used the 30% h202 from previous hydroponic grows to sanitize the water for a while, and eventually I just set up a different method of collection.
Interesting. I've been collecting it for three summers now and haven't had an issue yet. Something I'll keep in the back of my mind though if it happens. I wonder if the bacteria was coming from another source. Mind you I live in an area where the roofs are exposed. No trees or other obstacles so it stays dry until it rains.

Interesting. I've been collecting it for three summers now and haven't had an issue yet. Something I'll keep in the back of my mind though if it happens. I wonder if the bacteria was coming from another source. Mind you I live in an area where the roofs are exposed. No trees or other obstacles so it stays dry until it rains.
At the time I was surrounded by trees with a huge moss presence (like all of WA state) never had the problem living in CA

Rain water will be low pH for the first 24hrs then it will rise slowly .... shouldn't affect anything but just be aware that the pH will change over time not that critical since almost no ppm as Otter mentioned. I'll use rain water as much as I can and snow melt too.
Thanks for the info Bo.
Good to see you once again. :passitleft:
Biltema (~ Car Theme). They have their navy blue color and name on every little thing they sell
Sounds like a company we have here called Harbor Freight. Everything is red.
Is your bf just like you when it comes to stuff like this or is he the feminine side of your relationship? :laughtwo:

Those smells hit me as well sometimes and it's in places one least would expect it to smell like weed... LoL
Nope. Bf is all guy. He loves his gizmos and do-dads. Is very protective of his tools.

accidentally mixed chlorine with lime
I did the bleach and ammonia when I was about 10. Passed out and hit my head on the sink. Or hit my head on the sink and then passed out, can't really remember. Having the window open on a breezy day saved me.
My mother thought it was a good idea to give me a bucket of cleaning products to clean my bathroom and didn't give any instructions.

Love that free rainwater. Careful if you collect from your gutters. I used to do that and it gave me root rot from the bacteria that lives on the roof. I used the 30% h202 from previous hydroponic grows to sanitize the water for a while, and eventually I just set up a different method of collection.
I wouldn't want to use anything out of my nasty gutters. I live next to a marsh.
Thought a bit of polyester and lycra would be much cleaner to collect from and I can launder it easily if I should need to. My other options are an asphalt roof or some type of metal roofing that is very old.

:Rasta:
Morning jelly bean!
:passitleft:
Mornin sweetness. :hug: :love:
Metal roofing would be best imo. Gives you the most return and no asphalt oil.
My only concern is the iffy looking silver compound that is sealing parts of the roof. It appears to be flaking in some areas. No idea what it is.

What's going on with little GZ? Looking any better?
No, she looks about the same maybe a tad bit worse. I grab some pics in a bit.

She isn't droopy. Just spotty and anemic looking. Flushed her and brought her down to 4.7gr. Knocked my soil samples on the floor so I didn't get to run a slurry. Have to wait for her to dry out a little before I can take more.

No, she looks about the same maybe a tad bit worse. I grab some pics in a bit.

She isn't droopy. Just spotty and anemic looking. Flushed her and brought her down to 4.7gr. Knocked my soil samples on the floor so I didn't get to run a slurry. Have to wait for her to dry out a little before I can take more.
Until you get that slurry done any changes are futile. I watched Star Trek last night. Most likely the media is out of whack looking at those roots.

Hey y'all.
Time for an update.

First, the GGs and WSE babies.
The smaller of the two GGs was struggling. Decided that she needed to lose her fans. Seems like she was in stasis trying to keep those alive. The day after she was already growing. Bigger one just got fed, she's a bit droopy yet.
I also have three tops sitting in some perlite, hoping that at least one will take.

@Weedseedsexpress babies can be seen in the background. They are doing great.

Before...
After....
Next up is the big GZ. Aside a few crappy canopy leaves, she looks to be building buds just fine.

The RQS girls look good. Need to move up the light for the Sour D. Need to get the Critical a bit closer.

That leaves my ugly lil GZ.

A work in progress....

Ha! Congrats on your POTM victory! Thought I forgot about you eh? I did! :hug: :love:
I felt that I really needed a third MB2.
My suggestion stays the same. Keep the feed low and throw calmag at her. She will respond :)
I'm on ver.3. It's supposed to have a shit- ton in it. I do have Sensi calmag. 4-0-0.

I'm on ver.3. It's supposed to have a shit- ton in it. I do have Sensi calmag. 4-0-0.

Not much more than v2.5. The high N in your calmag could be an issue so you'd need to be at 4.5g and 5mL of calmag if you were to try it.
1596298628694.png

Ha! Congrats on your POTM victory! Thought I forgot about you eh? I did! :hug: :love:

Thank you btw. My stoned ass thought that I wrote that but turns out that I didn't.
:hug: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Back
Top Bottom