Virgin Grow - AK-47 In 2x2x5 Tent With 250w HPS

Something like this should work.

Active Air ACSC Duct Fan Speed Adjuster

1666580128408.png

Still sorting out how to reply with multiple quotes ha ha.

You can buy specially made fan speed controllers. You plug the controller into the wall, plug the fan into the controller. Simple as that. And they are NOT the same as a light dimmer.
Both my tents are roughly 40 cubic feet. So the 2 tents are 80 cubic feet. So in theory, running my fan at approx 1/4 speed would exchange the air in both tents completely every minute.

Yes the fan I've got is pretty powerful and my tent is a tiny 20 cubic feet so I definitely can run it on 1/4 speed too.

This first grow was always going to be about troubleshooting my set up. The awesome thing is, next grow in a month or so I'll have all the gear I didn't know I needed til I did it :laughtwo:

Thanks for your help guys. I didn't even know what I was looking for :thumb:

:Namaste::circle-of-love:

I Reply with Quote, copy the text , past it in word or notepad. Then do the same for the next post I want to quote. Edit it all up and past it in a new post.

Don't know if this is the correct way but it works for me.

Yes the fan I've got is pretty powerful and my tent is a tiny 20 cubic feet so I definitely can run it on 1/4 speed too.

This first grow was always going to be about troubleshooting my set up. The awesome thing is, next grow in a month or so I'll have all the gear I didn't know I needed til I did it :laughtwo:

Thanks for your help guys. I didn't even know what I was looking for :thumb:

:Namaste::circle-of-love:

Couldn't have said that better myself :high-five:

Day 23.

No I couldn't do it. I'll figure it out! :laugh:

Thanks Snarly.

I was poking around in the sheds on the property and found some pesticide for roses. It's got tau-fluvalinate (synthetic pyrethroid insecticide) and mycolbutanil (fungicide) in it. I googled them and cannabis growers use them but only up to the 4th week of flower. Not organic, but the insecticide is meant to be really good at controlling spider mites. I made up a batch and sprayed my babies. Maybe I'm being a bit keen with all the sprays but I'd like to be better safe than sorry. There's been a few wee flies in the tent too. I don't know what they are but they'll be gone.

I got all enthusiastic and fimmed them and tied them down in my first attempt at LST. Woo hoo! :slide:

Before fimming
20170417_193913.jpg

After fimming
rsz_20170417_194241.jpg

rsz_20170417_195120.jpg

rsz_20170417_195141.jpg

I haven't even sent the massive carbon filter back yet cos I was broke but it's getting posted tomorrow. Then the next day I'll be ordering a fan speed controller from the states so it'll probably take a wee while to arrive.

I get a whiff of that lovely green smell every so often now. I better get on top of the ventilation pronto.

The 3 regular mystery seeds are much shorter and bushier looking than the AKs. At least one of them is going to grow balls soon. When is normal?

Thanks again for the much needed advice. I hope everyone is enjoying doing this as much as I am. I really love weed.:love:

:Namaste::high-five:

Day 23.

I was poking around in the sheds on the property and found some pesticide for roses. It's got tau-fluvalinate (synthetic pyrethroid insecticide) and mycolbutanil (fungicide) in it. I googled them and cannabis growers use them but only up to the 4th week of flower. Not organic, but the insecticide is meant to be really good at controlling spider mites.

In Canada, a couple of the LPs had to recall massive amounts of product due to mycolbutanil being used as a pesticide. One LP, Organigram, really got hit bad, and it took them around 6 months to even put the recall in effect. Like, really, do you think we have any of that pot left 6 months after purchase?
Health Canada provides a list of acceptable pesticides, and mycolbutanil is not on it as it is considered a health hazard both for smoking and consuming.
:yikes:

Health Canada provides a list of acceptable pesticides, and mycolbutanil is not on it as it is considered a health hazard both for smoking and consuming.
:yikes:

Oh bummer. I guess I didn't look very deep into it. I definitely won't use it again on the plants. :trance::thanks:

When I harvest I was thinking of washing the buds with a bit of peroxide, then rinsing them off. Over here we can only get it in wee bottles from the pharmacy and the strongest dilution is 10%. Is that enough?

:thanks:

Hi Aotearoa. I'm buying one tomorrow. I thought I might have to put a different plug on it, I hadn't cottoned onto the voltage difference. Gee whizz. Thanks mate. That would have been a right cock up :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

This is going to be much more complicated. :straightface: I can't afford to spend hundreds on the ones they sell here. Um. I don't understand electric stuff very well. The UK has same voltage, different plugs.

:thanks::Namaste:

Hi Aotearoa. I'm buying one tomorrow. I thought I might have to put a different plug on it, I hadn't cottoned onto the voltage difference. Gee whizz. Thanks mate. That would have been a right cock up :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

This is going to be much more complicated. :straightface: I can't afford to spend hundreds on the ones they sell here. Um. I don't understand electric stuff very well. The UK has same voltage, different plugs.

:thanks::Namaste:

The plug itself is not the issue. You can get a converter. The problem is that not all electronic equipment can handle the 220 mains we have... pretty much anywhere else but North America.... it's feasible that the controller you bought may be dual voltage. If you pm me a link of the controller you found I can take a look... I moved from the States to Italy almost 4 years ago and have a bin of all different sorts of converters... literally over a hundred... it's a pita for sure... but I've gotten used to it. A lot of china made electronics are dual voltage because they distribute across the globe. I'm certain we can find you something that will suit your needs and not break the bank

Always here to help.
XxKitty

The plug itself is not the issue. You can get a converter. The problem is that not all electronic equipment can handle the 220 mains we have... pretty much anywhere else but North America.... it's feasible that the controller you bought may be dual voltage. If you pm me a link of the controller you found I can take a look... I moved from the States to Italy almost 4 years ago and have a bin of all different sorts of converters... literally over a hundred... it's a pita for sure... but I've gotten used to it. A lot of china made electronics are dual voltage because they distribute across the globe. I'm certain we can find you something that will suit your needs and not break the bank

Always here to help.
XxKitty

Awesome Kitty. Thank you. :cheesygrinsmiley: I found one here for NZ$75. I'm going to have to do some creative accounting to get it but it's absolutely necessary. They do seem to be a lot cheaper overseas though. The bummer is none of the places I looked ship to New Zealand.

Anyway here's some photos of Athena, Babette and Cosima plus the Jane Does.
rsz_athena.jpg
rsz_babette.jpg
rsz_cosima.jpg
rsz_jane_does.jpg

I'll get there. It would have been nice to have gotten it when I bought everything else, when I was all cashed up but oh well. The plants seem to be doing ok under less than optimal conditions. It's just the smell I'm worried about. This is a super stealth grow.

:thanks::thumb: Much green love

Oh bummer. I guess I didn't look very deep into it. I definitely won't use it again on the plants. :trance::thanks:

When I harvest I was thinking of washing the buds with a bit of peroxide, then rinsing them off. Over here we can only get it in wee bottles from the pharmacy and the strongest dilution is 10%. Is that enough?

:thanks:

The LP's were saying it somehow got mysteriously in the soil. Go figure.
As for the peroxide, I haven't got a clue, but I am sure someone out there has the answer.

May I ask why you want to wash your buds? Because of the pesticide you used? Did you really go to town? Wouldn't gently washing them with plain water in a nebulizer now be good enough? I DO use H202 in the garden but mainly for germination and root aeration if soil becomeS too compacted. It can also be a useful product if you encounter, god forbid, root rot.

I am of the less is more club but other than my very limited use of H202, I am all organic.

But if you grow in a controlled indoor environment my understanding is that washing your buds is not necessary... but once again I stress that my whole op is organic. It's not as if you have dust and dirt being kicked up by wind like an outdoor grow... or countless unknown pesticides being sprayed by nearby fields belonging to commercial growers. What do you feel you need to be washing off?

Not trying to be contrary... just curious about your motives. Your first grow should be kept as simple as possible... pesticides and non essential treatments are best saved for when you have a handle on the most basic fundamentals of indoor growing. At least... that's the approach I have taken and I have had not one major issue yet. It's easy to take a google deep dive and be overwhelmed with all the different methods and practices out there but always ask yourself... 'is this absolutely necessary to my grow?' If not, maybe save that step for the hundreds of grows that will undoubtedly be in your future... or at the very least, try it on one small fraction of your crop and see if you like the results. That way you aren't plaguing your grow with unnecessary variables that could literally ruin your harvest.

Not a sermon... just my thoughts.

XXkitty

Always here to help.
XxKitty

Everybody in here is so lovely! That's very nice of you to help smokes, if I remember to jump on the laptop this arvo I'll send you some reps.

14 day old seedlings in a 600 watt hid light dimmed to 250 watts and 18 inches away.
Watering every 2nd or 3rd day and misting daily. I'm using miracle grow but will transplant into bio grow light mix and add nutrients on second watering. Should i turn the lights up to 400 watts right after i transplant and leave them 18 inches away? And what about the ph, I was told not to worry about that as I'm using soil.

Back
Top Bottom