Cheers for the recipe! I'm subbed up and catching up. Just thought I'd mention a good quality rosemary oil might work for you - rosemary is my go to for relieving/mitigating headaches so hopefully that'll work for you. I'm going to try to make some form of this just for massage oil - can I diffuse/decarb dry herb into fractionated coconut oil?
Oftentimes, if strong essential oils trigger headaches it can be because they're impure and full of nasty additives, or used extraction methods that give rise to nasty byproducts. That may not be the case in your case but I know I have to be really fussy about my oils!
I'm going to try to make some form of this just for massage oil
Not sure if I ever posted how I make my closeup photos, but since I just added this to Them's thread I thought I should put it here as well:
Don't make it complicated with mount-on and high power loupes and one for looking and one for pics!
Here is how I do it with a $10 8x loupe and a 5 year old Samsung S4
And get results like this:
Let's continue this process and see what we end up with besides a large number of pots, measuring cups, and utensils covered in very-tough-to-clean beeswax!
Remember, this is a rub that will have much less THC (just what was left in the buds from last time) and a lot of whatever is in the stems, leaves, and roots. I have no idea what the differing effect will be.
I bought more coconut oil because I didn't think there was enough in the pot to get everything submerged. That tiny crock pot was completely full. After 4 hours on warm, cooling over night, and another 6 hours on warm on Saturday, it was time to strain. I dumped the oil into strainer on a bowl, and this is what was left in the pot:
Then I took out the plant matter and put it into the strainer and flattened it with a spoon to get out as much oil as I could:
After finally tossing out the plant bits, I strained it again through paper towel:
I ended up with 24 ounces of a very dark oil:
Now, coconut oil is solid at room temperature, but I wasn't thinking when I squeezed in the leftover fractionated oil from the last batch I made and that seemed to change the whole thing into something that is a liquid at room temperature. Enter BEESWAX again!
I love the smell of melting beeswax. This time I ended up using 180 grams in 24 ounces because I wanted it much stiffer than the last one, as this was supposed to maintain its shape. I poured it into ice cube trays to cool:
While it was cooling I melted more beeswax to pour on top to make a kind of holder that wouldn't melt in your hand as you applied it to your skin. I just managed to have enough wax left to do both trays.
And here they are out of the trays.
They're still a bit soft but I'm not going to redo them, and I'm out of wax anyway. Unfortunately the wax did NOT stick to the oil cubes, so I've taken one of the trays and epoxied wax to cube. I'll see if that works tomorrow morning after it cures. Not very natural I know but desperate times call for desperate measures. I have my doubts anyway and may have to go with angled toothpicks to hold them together.
In the meantime, the other tray is in the fridge.
More news tomorrow!
And here's Blueberry 2 with more LST. I continue to bend the main stem counter clockwise around the pot, but I've also started to bend down a new branch that has begun reaching for the gloomy sky.
Blueberry 2 on day 32:
You can see the second round of LST happening with the rock and the long twist tie:
I found a cheap source in UK.Morning everyone. It looks like I may have the spider mites under control, though the Dr Earth Final Stop is too expensive so I'll be looking for an alternative when this bottle is done.
Blueberry 1 is finally starting to dry out so my back is feeling better, thank you!
Nothing but macro shots today. Don't think Blue 1 is ready yet, so I'll probably feed it over the weekend when it's really dry.
Blueberry 1 day 80 top:
Blueberry 1 day 80 lower: