Virgin Grow - AK-47 In 2x2x5 Tent With 250w HPS

Sorry for the picture quality. I turned the light off and took it quickly
rsz_20170408_000229.jpg

Does anyone else get lines moving across the photo under HPS?
rsz_20170408_000143.jpg

They said they would exchange the filter no problem, yay! I didn't really want to hook it up outside the tent. I want everything inside the tent just in case I get a surprise visitor and have to throw a cover over it. It'll be easier to explain it as extra junk I haven't found a space for yet or something.

I top dressed with lime and watered with a big syringe I got for precision watering in a 2 inch radius around the stem.

Is it just me or are they a little small for 2 weeks? The led definitely wasn't strong enough or maybe I had it too far away. :hmmmm:
Also when does the vege stage actually start? When do they stop being seedlings?

Temperature and humidity are still good. I bought some storage solution and calibration solutions for the pH pen. I don't think I need to get anything else except some nice jars to cure my buds in.:cheesygrinsmiley: I can't wait til they're flowering! :slide:

Hope everyone is bouncing along out there. Things are going really well for me right now. Life is good

:Namaste:

Just give them time, theyll start to grow faster everyday as they get stronger rootsystem. :)

Peace & love
-Danks

I agree with Danks, a little patience goes a long way. Now that you have more light, things should pick up soon.
:goodjob:

The lines under the hps is pretty normal. My first grow I was overly keen and definitely did more harm than good.
Sit back and enjoy the sun, apparently another storm is heading our way ha!

The lines under the hps is pretty normal. My first grow I was overly keen and definitely did more harm than good.
Sit back and enjoy the sun, apparently another storm is heading our way ha!

Yes all the rain and flooding was pretty bad. Your plants are looking really strong and healthy now.

Thanks guys. Yeah i'm just gonna relax and let them do their thing. They're sleeping at the moment :;): Hopefully growing some nice healthy roots.

:thanks:

Day 15.

Oh noes! Something is wrong with my plants! Small yellow spots on leaves. I thought it might be burns from water droplets cos I sprayed them yesterday but it's more likely Leaf septoria, a fungal problem. Does anyone else think it's septoria too? It's been pretty humid in the tent.

rsz_20170409_224934.jpg

rsz_20170409_224926.jpg

I will get some liquid copper tomorrow or some other fungicide and remove the affected leaves. It's not like they've got lots of spare leaves at the minute either bugrit. Here I was thinking how swell everything was going too :icon_roll

This is a learning moment. High humidity = be careful of fungus and possibly spray before there are signs.

Copper is for use on tomatoes etc and isn't too toxic. I better get some bug stuff too to be safe.

:yikes::trance::straightface:

Day 15.

Oh noes! Something is wrong with my plants! Small yellow spots on leaves. I thought it might be burns from water droplets cos I sprayed them yesterday but it's more likely Leaf septoria, a fungal problem. Does anyone else think it's septoria too? It's been pretty humid in the tent.

rsz_20170409_224934.jpg

rsz_20170409_224926.jpg

I will get some liquid copper tomorrow or some other fungicide and remove the affected leaves. It's not like they've got lots of spare leaves at the minute either bugrit. Here I was thinking how swell everything was going too :icon_roll

This is a learning moment. High humidity = be careful of fungus and possibly spray before there are signs.

Copper is for use on tomatoes etc and isn't too toxic. I better get some bug stuff too to be safe.

:yikes::trance::straightface:

I would be leaning more towards water droplet burn.
Personally, the leaves don't look bad enough to me to deserve being removed. I'm not an expert by any means, but I would leave them for now, and only remove them if they are blocking light.

I would be leaning more towards water droplet burn.
Personally, the leaves don't look bad enough to me to deserve being removed. I'm not an expert by any means, but I would leave them for now, and only remove them if they are blocking light.

Thanks for your reply Snarly. :thanks:

Ok, I wasn't happy about cutting their leaves off for sure. I'll just get some stuff and spray them tonight. It will be good to have them protected against fungal attack.

:thumb::Namaste:

Day 20. Hello. The plants are doing well. The 3 Aks in the big pots are a bit taller than the 3 mystery seeds. I'm flipping them to 12/12 today (Good Friday). I'm going to have to keep my eye on the 3 bagseeds cos they're regs and they're gonna show their sex soon. I've never sexed cannabis plants before so I'm quite looking forward to it. It's going to be interesting. I hope I get at least one female out of the 3.
rsz_20170414_010530.jpg

I sprayed them 4 days ago with copper oxychloride (that's why they look all dusty), cos I thought they had leaf septoria but it was only sunscald from getting water on their leaves. It's NOT a myth! Jeesh, everywhere I looked people were saying that but the spots haven't changed or spread so that's all it could have been. The copper is a preventative against fungus so now they are protected. Debatable whether it's organic or not but I will definitely be washing the buds when I harvest and it's only going to be for me so...

I still haven't got any air being extracted yet. I'm waiting for the smaller filter to arrive and then the set up will be complete. I might have to get acoustic ducting for noise but we'll see.

They look a bit pale. I might feed them some manure next water. I've pH'd the water to 6.1 this batch. I'm just hoping nothing disastrous happens and they make it through, relatively unscathed by any potential fuck ups on my part. Hope everyone's having a good time with their grows :hippy::allgood:

I still haven't got any air being extracted yet. I'm waiting for the smaller filter to arrive and then the set up will be complete. I might have to get acoustic ducting for noise but we'll see.

Hey smokeywokey, if you have your fan you can use it at this stage without the filter. The filter is only really necessary for getting rid of odor.
Air exchange is important though.
:thumb:

Hey smokeywokey, if you have your fan you can use it at this stage without the filter. The filter is only really necessary for getting rid of odor.
Air exchange is important though.
:thumb:

Hey Snarly, thanks I'll do it tonight. I moved the tent out of my room. I think I was worried about the fan noise annoying me but now they're going into flower I definitely want things all AOK in there. Definitely smells like weed when I open it up now. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's been raining all week here. Come back sun!

Hey Snarly, thanks I'll do it tonight. I moved the tent out of my room. I think I was worried about the fan noise annoying me but now they're going into flower I definitely want things all AOK in there. Definitely smells like weed when I open it up now. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's been raining all week here. Come back sun!

I love that smell. It just sucks that we have to scrub that wonderful essence out of the air so we can be inconspicuous. :hmmmm:

Hi. I put the inline fan in with some ducting to the outside but it was way too loud. The air intake was really roaring. It definitely needs the filter attached. I left it for as long as I could but but I couldn't stand the noise even in the other room. Hopefully the smaller filter isn't too far away.

I fed them tonight too. 1 cup of dissolved manure in a litre of 6.1 pH water. I hope it doesn't burn them :morenutes:

rsz_120170415_233901.jpg

:surf::peacetwo:

Yup I'm sick of this rain too. Hopefully we have a sweet May.

As far as fan noise is concerned, bigger is better. The option of controlling fan speed is a must if your after a bit of quiet. Crank it up when you leave the house and slow it down when your home... perfect.

Hi. I put the inline fan in with some ducting to the outside but it was way too loud. The air intake was really roaring. It definitely needs the filter attached. I left it for as long as I could but but I couldn't stand the noise even in the other room. Hopefully the smaller filter isn't too far away.

:surf::peacetwo:
Do you have speed control for your fan? It sounds to me that you are pulling too much air through if the intake is that loud.

Hi guys. There are two settings and there wasn't any real difference between them noise wise. I've been trying to find out how to put a speed controller in between the power socket and the fan, but since I'm no electrician I can't make my own. Some people reckon a dimmer switch for lights work, but others say it's dangerous and mucks with the ampage, wattage, torque who knows?! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I asked a guy in a shop if they had dimmer switches to use on a fan and he looked at me funny so I didn't press it. I can do basic wiring like putting a plug on a cord but anything advanced, like with a soldering iron is beyond me. How do you get your fan lower than the lowest setting?

:thanks::Namaste:

Mine has a dial built in to the fan. Buying something like that online in nz is a nuisance, I've tried. You can order from overseas but then shipping can get costly. I got mine from a local hydro shop. I try to avoid going in to those places but once every blue moon isn't so bad.

Hi guys. There are two settings and there wasn't any real difference between them noise wise. I've been trying to find out how to put a speed controller in between the power socket and the fan, but since I'm no electrician I can't make my own. Some people reckon a dimmer switch for lights work, but others say it's dangerous and mucks with the ampage, wattage, torque who knows?! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I asked a guy in a shop if they had dimmer switches to use on a fan and he looked at me funny so I didn't press it. I can do basic wiring like putting a plug on a cord but anything advanced, like with a soldering iron is beyond me. How do you get your fan lower than the lowest setting?

:thanks::Namaste:

You can buy specially made fan speed controllers. You plug the controller into the wall, plug the fan into the controller. Simple as that. And they are NOT the same as a light dimmer.
Both my tents are roughly 40 cubic feet. So the 2 tents are 80 cubic feet. So in theory, running my fan at approx 1/4 speed would exchange the air in both tents completely every minute.

Back
Top Bottom