VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

Anyway

So I have 2 "rounds" of plants in there. Some in 3 gallon pots which are this runs clones. Meaning clones I just took and veg'd and put right back in there as new plants from other plants just started this run. The largest of these is now 28" tall and I had to put her off in the cornner and add an extra light for it as it is outside of the hood now.

Tall_clone.JPG

Then I have some in 7 gallons which were either seeds or clones from last run that were around at the beginning of the journal.

So the 7 gallon plants are doing a normal grow where as the 3 gallon plants almost all got a 1 week veg and then went into bloom. 2 of them got a 2 week veg but are weaker as I neglected then as I was going to throw them out.

Anyway 3 gallon plants doing amazing. The first round that were 1 week in veg and have been in bloom for a few weeks are almost all nearly 2 feet in size and blooming nice and looking great. There should be plenty of nutes for them.

The ones I had growing for 5 weeks in veg filled their pots and ran through the nutes and have been looking hungry a while. The recommended size is 10 gallons so I guess live and confirm. I think the 3 gallons is fine for the short run clones but for full run plants I think 10 is right.

In any case...

I Top dressed with EWC and followed with a modified tea. The tea had no chitosan and I did add some of my compost soil. I also upped the other fertilizer components and brewed it really well for 48 hours and applied that yesterday. When I say "really well" I really did a lot of agitation and got the microbes up early and kept them up top the whole time and had a real strong fermentation.

Anyways most of them are so far into bloom now that little matters. 4-6 weeks left on the earlier ones and a few more for the clones. I really only want to add fertilizers about 2 more weeks so maybe one more brew or 2 for the main plants. Then I want to let them start running out.

The clones may only get water from here on. I did give them a very small taste of tea but not much. Just enough to get some microbes started possibly.

Full10.JPG

So think about that. I can sit a mother off to the side and punch out clones which I can plant in recycled compost soils and run 1-2 weeks in veg and get 3 foot tall plants in 10 weeks. Using only un pH'd tap water and no fertilizers other then what goes into the compost.

Does it get any cheaper or easier then that?

I will likely give the clones one more blast of tea around week 6 of bloom.

Hey VI long time i havent asked some questions! But i got two for you.

1)when you cut clones is there a chance even though cut from a female they could go male?

2)Do you have to switch to bloom nutes as soon as pre flowers show or could you continue grow nutes untill bud sites really start to form?

So a clone is actually still the same plant. More commonly refereed to as a "cutting" outside of cannabis. Once rooted is the same as the original planting in every way(including sex). Also if you keep cloning as I have shown above the age of the plant continues to go. SO...the plant I raised originally that was real big was the flowers this seed produced at roughly 4 months. These flowers will be from 9 month old plants or something like that. Eventually, just like people, the genetics break down and the cells can't replicate well anymore. Commonly people will grow them until they are so weak they become hermes but not always. That is at about 1.5-2.5 years. I think people rarely get a plant to last 3 years or longer...I never heard of such a thing. But I aint really looked into it. Wouldn't surprise me, if taken care of, that they could last a good long while.

I will, at the end of this, have gotten 9 plants from that 1 seed which aint half bad. Some people get many hundreds. Some big time growers are cloning thousands a week.

I start adding (not "switching" but "changing over") to bloom nutes a week before bloom to get the nute build up started. That way when I flip the lights they sex fast and are on their way. But I leave nitrogen in the mix through at least stretch...usually.

This journal I am not using any fertilzers along the way other than what goes on in my homemade tea. That way there is an example for folks who want to git r dun on the cheap. So in the examples in here you are seeing plants where I have only added water and early on some cal mag and silica and some sugars for the bacteria.

But to be clear lets say you are running at a nute concentration of 600ppm and it is a week before switching to bloom. So likely this week you are closer to 650 PPM. So you take a fertilizer like MOAB which is only Phos and Pot and combine that with the normal veg nute you have been using. get the ratio so that something like 400-500 of the PPM is the original nutes and the remainder is the MOAB. Then after stretch you can be on full bloom if you want. you still want some nitrogen so top dressing some Earth worm castings is good at that point. Most Bloom products have nitrogen if it is a proper family of products. Most products come in 2 or 3 part solution and one of those has nitrogen. In the case you have this you can adjust the ratios there too (SHHHH don't tell anyone I said so!!!). Not aall But I know for example GH does not require on all the lines equal parts and you can optimize the ratios.

Like always very informative response VI, i appreciate it a lot. I will definitely think about my next step as far as nutes because of budget right now unfortunately. But im definitely looking to clone but i want to wait untill the plants get a little bigger

By the way I had to drop to 750W yesterday on the HPS as we have summer time weather here and it is not cooling off enough at night like normal.

Shouldn't be that big a deal. Because it will cool off tonight I think. But the weekend is gonna be hot again so I will be adjusting the light to meet the heat needs moving forward.

I've been reading your journal VI and this post has me thinking I should stop. I'm completely new to growing and my biggest worry here at home is getting my seeds hatched and a plant to break ground. I can't even begin pretending any of this genetics makes sense to me. Of course I'll read on feeling lost in space. All this information makes me feel stupid! hahahaha

I just burned a bowl of this stuff called chocolate Kush...wow good stuff. I can barely type.

Thanks for the shout brutha. I do appreciate your support.

@ WBF...no question is too stupid...nut if it is very basic I may shoot you a link. Some stuff takes pages to explain. Some stuff I can simplify for ya. But in the end there is a lot to learn and you have to dedicate yourself to the craft to do anything but waste time and money.

So feel free to post any questions you have. No one here is judging. I made every mistake you can make basically...so I learned it all the hard way...so let me spare you the disappointment.

@ WBF...no question is too stupid...nut if it is very basic I may shoot you a link. Some stuff takes pages to explain. Some stuff I can simplify for ya. But in the end there is a lot to learn and you have to dedicate yourself to the craft to do anything but waste time and money.

So feel free to post any questions you have. No one here is judging. I made every mistake you can make basically...so I learned it all the hard way...so let me spare you the disappointment.

VI is da man!

I've been reading your journal VI and this post has me thinking I should stop. I'm completely new to growing and my biggest worry here at home is getting my seeds hatched and a plant to break ground. I can't even begin pretending any of this genetics makes sense to me. Of course I'll read on feeling lost in space. All this information makes me feel stupid! hahahaha

Who knew growing Cannabis would have such a big learning curve? The good thing is you are here at 420 Magazine and the answers to your questions are here whether they are about germinating, flowering, lighting, soil, hydro, or anything you need, the answers are here! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom