Visualize Whirrled Peas: A Perpetual Garden By 013

Well done 013!

Let the water torture wash begin!

🌹🌹🌹

thanks Trala! You would be proud, I only did 1 wash cycle!!!

I prefer washing & drying the whole plant intact but I’m over growing 1 bud for seed and seeing if I can monster crop this plant frame, that’s the plan anyway…

013 do you mind if I tag along
No sir KeithLemon- I’m thrilled to have you here, please jump right in!!

there’s no use in starting at beginning either, I had craptons of critters and they stomped my arse repeatedly. We are moving far away from that disaster!!!

No sir KeithLemon- I’m thrilled to have you here, please jump right in!!

there’s no use in starting at beginning either, I had craptons of critters and they stomped my arse repeatedly. We are moving far away from that disaster!!!
Thank you

thanks Trala! You would be proud, I only did 1 wash cycle!!!

I prefer washing & drying the whole plant intact but I’m over growing 1 bud for seed and seeing if I can monster crop this plant frame, that’s the plan anyway…
Sounds like a solid plan :)

I don’t wash my bud anymore and the smoke is so. much. better.

Welcome!

I’ve been lurking here for months. For context: I visited here early in my first growing adventure in late 2019 but kinda found it confusing because advice was coming from everyone. Soon I wound up on another grow site that featured one or two voices but they pushed hydro growing format. I went ass first down that rabbit hole & killed nearly every strain that @SeedsMan makes. I wasted a bunch of money too buying specialized crap that I didn’t need. Just for reference - I don’t have a problem with hydro methods just not my cup of THC. Finally in desperation I cruised thru a couple thousand pages on 420 Magazine and nixed the net pots and got my groove on with soil. I’m a country man, out here we grow shit in dirt. Sooo glad I made the switch from hydro to soil, from that other site to 420 Magazine. My first plant was a whopping success with a wet harvest weight totaling 933 grams. That harvest would not have been possible without 420 Magazine. I’m on my third and fourth run right now.

The purpose of this journal is the perfect trifecta...
1) to effectively join the 420 community
2) develop better growing skills
3) to document these grows

I’m an indoors grower but would love to do an outdoor guerilla grow. It’s early in the growing season here so I’m jonesing for a couple of super secluded spots. Here is the indoor setup.

12 X 12 Bloom Room
2 - Mars SP-250
1 - 600 watt HPS
2 - T-5’s with LED bulbs
2 - 12 inch fans
1 - 9 inch fan

4 X 4 Veg Tent
1 - 315 CMH
2 - T-5’s with LED bulbs
1 - 12 inch fan
1 - 8 inch fan

Temps 70 to 80 Farvignuven with lights on 68 to 72 degrees with lights off
Humid 50 to 75% but can alter up or down with humidifier or dehum.

Soil
Peat 2 parts
Perlite 1 part
EWC, rabbit pellets, mycos, lime, oyster shell flour, rock dust, minerals, bone meal, kelp, dog hair, biochar, compost from forest floor.

Going for Water Only Soil but ya gotta throw some fish ferts and eye of newt on occasion. I’m gonna shut up now and seal the deal with a photo. The photo sucks but at least it’s not blurple!!!

Thanks for stopping by.... You all come back now - ya hear?
So I was talking to a ghost eh. Wish I had your kit , but I’m slowly getting there. I’m trying to run more or less the same deal , but I’m trying 2 in cocoa . Just over 2 weeks in on my w/w I think she looks great . Maybe you can help me then ?

image.jpg

Hey what’s up LRW??

Thanks for that. Every now and again the critters relent and I get a successful harvest! :laugh:

She looks good! The problem for me is I don’t know beans about Bio-Bizz. I think Roy Growin might know or Bluter. I’m happy to help but also believe in the power of the collective that answers forum questions... sometimes you get a wildcard answer that’s off base but a dozen brains are much better than my feeble old noggin. If you want the best possible help then I’d suggest going to the FAQ page and drop a fresh question with all your grow details like soil type, was it amended.. etc & a pic or three.

Those cheapie 3 way, ph, light & moisture meters are not accurate, yup I bought one years ago too but keep mine by the grill now for roasting hotdogs or marshmallows. The best moisture meter is the fat kitchen bbq skewers from grocery store or dollar store. One caveat is to be accurate they must hit bottom of container. Poke a bbq skewer into the soil at angle so it hits the middle of the container at the bottom. After the skewer sits in the soil for 30 minutes or so it will absorb a tiny bit of water from the soil. When you remove the skewer there will be a visible water mark on the stick indicating the moisture level in the soil… you can see it and feel the dampness on the stick. By using the BBQ skewers you get enough moisture meters for your entire garden for only $1.99

some do feed, water, feed, water. The first pass is a feed, but the second pass a few days later is a water only session which helps activate the residual nutes in your soil a second time. Water is a tricky beast on weed plants done right it will propel growth, done wrong it will slow growth. More water doesn’t mean faster growth. For most soil types the weed plants roots need to see water as in a fully wet soil and then the roots needs to see nearly bone dry soil conditions all the way to the bottom of the container. The problem with watering too frequently is actually lack of oxygen to the root zone, roots can‘t breath in a continuously wet ir damp soil

Forget the sticking a finger in soil up to a first or 2nd knuckle, gravity works so even if top 1 or 2 inches is bone dry then there’s still plenty of moisture in bottom of container. One of the biggest improvements in my garden has been switching to SIPS or SWICKS both are types of sub irrigated planters. The plants grow more rapidly with continuous access to water but there’s caveat here too. For SIPS & SWICKS you add 40% extra aeration to your soil mix (either perlite, rice hulls or pumice) With a regular soil this continuous water availability would kill the weed plant due to lack of oxygen to root zone but becuz of the extra aeration added for SIP or SWICK containers it all works out really well.

Hope this helps but also know I’ve got to roll out the door but hopefully will be back this pm.

Hey what’s up LRW??

Thanks for that. Every now and again the critters relent and I get a successful harvest! :laugh:

She looks good! The problem for me is I don’t know beans about Bio-Bizz. I think Roy Growin might know or Bluter. I’m happy to help but also believe in the power of the collective that answers forum questions... sometimes you get a wildcard answer that’s off base but a dozen brains are much better than my feeble old noggin. If you want the best possible help then I’d suggest going to the FAQ page and drop a fresh question with all your grow details like soil type, was it amended.. etc & a pic or three.

Those cheapie 3 way, ph, light & moisture meters are not accurate, yup I bought one years ago too but keep mine by the grill now for roasting hotdogs or marshmallows. The best moisture meter is the fat kitchen bbq skewers from grocery store or dollar store. One caveat is to be accurate they must hit bottom of container. Poke a bbq skewer into the soil at angle so it hits the middle of the container at the bottom. After the skewer sits in the soil for 30 minutes or so it will absorb a tiny bit of water from the soil. When you remove the skewer there will be a visible water mark on the stick indicating the moisture level in the soil… you can see it and feel the dampness on the stick. By using the BBQ skewers you get enough moisture meters for your entire garden for only $1.99

some do feed, water, feed, water. The first pass is a feed, but the second pass a few days later is a water only session which helps activate the residual nutes in your soil a second time. Water is a tricky beast on weed plants done right it will propel growth, done wrong it will slow growth. More water doesn’t mean faster growth. For most soil types the weed plants roots need to see water as in a fully wet soil and then the roots needs to see nearly bone dry soil conditions all the way to the bottom of the container. The problem with watering too frequently is actually lack of oxygen to the root zone, roots can‘t breath in a continuously wet ir damp soil

Forget the sticking a finger in soil up to a first or 2nd knuckle, gravity works so even if top 1 or 2 inches is bone dry then there’s still plenty of moisture in bottom of container. One of the biggest improvements in my garden has been switching to SIPS or SWICKS both are types of sub irrigated planters. The plants grow more rapidly with continuous access to water but there’s caveat here too. For SIPS & SWICKS you add 40% extra aeration to your soil mix (either perlite, rice hulls or pumice) With a regular soil this continuous water availability would kill the weed plant due to lack of oxygen to root zone but becuz of the extra aeration added for SIP or SWICK containers it all works out really well.

Hope this helps but also know I’ve got to roll out the door but hopefully will be back this pm.
Yea thanks going trysip that was my intention to start but I got impatient and started before I got my kit together. Appreciate the encouragement cheers

I bought one years ago too but keep mine by the grill now for roasting hotdogs or marshmallows.
:laugh:
Poke a bbq skewer into the soil at angle so it hits the middle of the container at the bottom. After the skewer sits in the soil for 30 minutes or so it will absorb a tiny bit of water from the soil. When you remove the skewer there will be a visible water mark on the stick indicating the moisture level in the soil… you can see it and feel the dampness on the stick. By using the BBQ skewers you get enough moisture meters for your entire garden for only $1.99
Oh damn, 30 minutes? No wonder my bbq skewer always comes out dry. :thanks:

I’m not seeing dusty, leaf color might off a smidge but not too bad. I do see some darker areas contrasted by lighter leaf veins so it’s maybe a tad splotchy in color distribution. Typically that’s somewhere between N and magnesium but bear in mind I’m still pretty new and defs not the best at nailing plant deficiencies

Hey let’s see if Mr @InTheShed sees anything that stands out.

I’m not seeing dusty, leaf color might off a smidge but not too bad. I do see some darker areas contrasted by lighter leaf veins so it’s maybe a tad splotchy in color distribution. Typically that’s somewhere between N and magnesium but bear in mind I’m still pretty new and defs not the best at nailing plant deficiencies

Hey let’s see if Mr @InTheShed sees anything that stands out., don’t know if you can see it sun not up got light on
Here we go

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey let’s see if Mr @InTheShed sees anything that stands out.
Insufficient or too much ? I was given them a light spray with bio b grow after lights out that when I noticed a different will after a couple days of spray. Stopped it now

Back
Top Bottom