Wanting to take learning to garden to a whole new level

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChangeofIdea

I have been into gardening since I was young and every spring I would plant all kinds of stuff, later I would want to take gardening to new levels and so I worked to learn how to grow more and more things, and wanting more of a challenge I took to growing things in ways not typically being able to be done. Once I started learning how to control my environments to make things grow where they shouldn't normally be able to, I started playing with hydroponics on a small scale and worked my way upwards with basic herbs and onto harder things. I've even made roses bloom in pots with outside temps at -40 below zero inside the house, which I am told is next to impossible. For me there is a connection in being able to touch and nurture a plant, feed it, watch it, care for it and later enjoy being able to enjoy the fruits of hours of hard labor of caring for it.

It seems some people want to just jump straight into cannabis without understanding the basics of plants and how to grow them from seed to a final usable produce, control their growth, nurture them and lastly appreciate the fruits of your hours of intensive labor. Coming to the Forums and coming out publicly is really more for me to learn to take my skills to a whole new level with aeroponics, I've had my fun learning up to this point, and now I am ready to get serious as I come back. At one point I had an entire house full of all kinds of plants for a wide range of various purposes, and then I asked a 'friend' to care for them while I was away... Only when I came back they decided they needed everything I had, right down to the curtains on the windows and the dishes in the kitchen, how little did they realize its not about having everything, its about having the knowledge to grow everything.

So now I am starting all over from scratch and I'm going to skip as much of the starting over process as I can, this time I want take and start with first getting back up to speed, I've started at the very beginning all over again with the very basic plant biology, and working my way forward as I'm learning and thus planning out the complete layout of a total aeroponic system. Lets face it, the best gardeners out there are those who've been caring for plants for many years, and those who really know hydroponics and true aeroponic systems who are willing to teach others can really only be found here, unless you go to years of collage. So in some ways I am going to completely be a total newbie as I know nothing of some aspect of things, and yet a well seasoned gardener in other ways with many years of growing a wide variety of things from seeds in soil and even switching them over to some of the basic hydroponic systems. But that is why I can here to learn everything I can and share with others the things I have spent years learning myself, as we all learn something new together.

Feel free to drop me a line and if you think you have something you can teach me send me a message I'd love to hear from you :welcome:

You've come to the right place!!

Welcome to 420!!! Leaning to grow cannabis has been one of the best decisions I've made as an adult. Therapeutic and satisfying. The people around here are amazing and full of embrace. The knowledge around here is second to none. Their are people here that do nothing more than help create a positive and education experience for people like you and I.

I think you're going to fit right in! I look forward to seeing you get your garden on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom