Well Water

how do i determine hard or soft? I get my ph meter tomorrow. I have been watering 9 bag plants from the well thru the hose, drink safe hose....and they are not nearly as nice as the plants I have seen on here. This is my first time and just doing it for fun.

I also let the bucket of well water sit out overnight either on the table or in the greenhouse. I use rain water alot to since they are outside in pots.

By reading i learned that my plants got the nice little stretch from them cuz i started them in the greenhouse and not outside.

I am playing with these and trying different things before i order seeds. Got about an oz of bag seeds.

Used these to test
420-magazine-mobile196157493.jpg

420-magazine-mobile690317501.jpg

Test results are
Hardness 100
Total chlorine 0
Free chlorine 1
Bromine 1
Ph 6.8
Total alkalinity 0
Stabler 0

Thoughts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't know why you never got feed back.
If your using it on a grow now I bet it finishes nice.
I use similar water . a little lower ph but I bet you use a better meter it would actually be more like 6.5.
You could sell that water bro. Haha

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm on a well too (and have a pool). I don't think pool test strips are very accurate for this purpose but I wouldn't be concerned with your water based on those results.
You can usually pick up a PH meter and EC meter for about the price of a pool test kit and get much more accurate results. If a meter reads 100 PPM, at least you can confirm the test kit and know how hard your water is. If you grow in soil, PH adjustment is pretty useless, IMO. Most soils are so well buffered, you won't change what is already there by moving your water a few tenths. You are better off amending the soil. For well water, I'd be more interested in how much Ca, Mg and other minerals there are.

Back
Top Bottom