WestHippie’s 420 OG Hydro 1000 Watt MH/HPS

If you can dial in your environment, sticking to the VPD chart is supposed to make a big difference to the plants.
This stupid dehumidifier I bought has a one track mind fill the reservoir and shut off . Not controllable . The other one is too big for this building, it came out of an electrical room 20’x30’ .

Archiweedies has a separate control for his humidifier.
I like that controller! I have the inkbird it turned the humidifier on just the other day ! I think this flood and drain adds to the humidity?
I was looking at my humidity average of 67% -69% . Low temp in the tent was 68-69 degrees! High temperatures has been outrageous .

For the VPD chart I should be 68 degrees and 35% humidity 1.24 . I drop to 50% humidity at dark which is an 0.89 ! Day time @80 degrees and 55.% humidity would be 1.21 . 77 degrees would be 1.23 at 50% humidity. Not getting there 67-69% humidity is happening every day ! We was close last week when the northern wind blew ,57% humidity .
So need a different dehumidifier to a achieve this ! Thanks for your help @Skybound getting the vpd chart going !
I’m reading this as when the light comes on at 50% humidity and 25c I’m in the yellow 1.23 till the humidity rises to 68% not good 0.67 in the blue .
Light out , I’m only in the green at 20c 0.89 says I need to get to 1.24 35% humidity! Rain has to go away !

LOL! It's in my bag of tricks.

After all, Skybound mentioned VPD so BOOM! Drop the link :).
And you fixed me up right away ! Thank you lm gonna figure out how to make this work . Going back to Archiweedies for more info . Thanks again !

InTheShed’s journals are perpetual , every one that hasn’t been there has missed out on the proper way to do our grows . I like it when he gets caught up with all the growers he supports, like me if he sees something wrong you are going to know about it ! Always saving my butt !
The knowledge of growers on his site is great , out of 275,000 threads this is one you don’t want to miss !

Absolutely! He’s very intelligent person. Not trying to take anything away from him. Nice to have such smart hobbiests on your side following along to correct any mistakes! Shout out to @InTheShed thanks for being such a stand up dude!! :passitleft:

@InTheShed west hippy was just saying not to sleep on your journal, but I was saying it’s so damn long so I was having a hard time getting into it. One of these days I’ll (try) to get caught up lol:laughtwo:
He has so many grows ,I’ve been on the last two and all the experiments like Archiweedies VPD that he sent me to . Backlipslide you and I won’t get to the whole 700 pages ! InTheShed replied before I could finish,just go see what you missed today !

Day 36 of 12/12
Outside temp 76 humidity 89% SSE 4 mph
Building temp 74.8 humidity 70%
Tent temp 77.5 humidity 69%
Canopy temp 80.2 I closed an in take and it got past 77 degrees!
Water temp 68.9 down 2 gallons Falling
Tds 472 ppm was 530 ppm Falling
Ph 6.0 Rising

652AEBC7-518D-46EC-9975-9D5B7336A433.jpeg
1B52E5A0-579F-4B2F-AF7B-1B439CA428C6.jpeg
B5510A19-862E-4435-9E82-4E0D70FFE185.jpeg
373E2002-FA3F-4C86-A62A-5213E493882F.jpeg

Day 2 of 12/12 DWC
B-1
Water temp 70.6 3-5/8-4-3/8 down Falling
TDS 571 ppm was 602 ppm Falling
Ph 5.84 was 5.74 Rising
B-2
Water temp 71.1 3-5/8-4-1/8. Down Falling
TDS 602 ppm was 629 ppm Falling
Ph 5.71 was 5.71 Static
B-3
Water temp 71.6 3-5/8-4-3/8 down Falling
TDS 530 ppm was 535 ppm ?
Ph 5.75

It must be warm in there ehh!!? Was that leaf cupping there before? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me :hmmmm:
Son needed tools last night so I closed the lower intake on the tent . Was 86 degrees at 6: this morning, had it to 80 and still coming down !
Plus I’m moving the light up , max it out !
I’ve been riding these canoes for three weeks now .

What brand nutes do you use? Does the labels give a guaranteed analysis of elements? If yes, I made a tutorial to use Hydro Buddy that would enable you to take the information from those bottles and save the elemental compositions into a database that you could then use to plot out what your ppm is for each element. You could then use that information to make more informed decisions when augmenting the feed to better suit what your eyes see from your plants. Like for instance, you possibly wanting more calcium. If for instance your calcium compared to your K and ammonical N is low, you could squeeze more Ca from the bottles. The good thing about Hydro Buddy is that you have 2 approaches. You can tell the app how much from each bottle will be used like from a feed chart, and the app will tell you how much of each elemental PPM is contained. The other approach is that you can adjust individual elements and the app will tweak the doses from each bottle so you can closer achieve your elemental targets.

Each grow is day 36
1. This grow
2. A & B pics My second grow with 420
3. My first grow with 420
That's an insane comparison WH!! :thedoubletake: That's unbelievable. Your growing skills are improving that's for sure! :bravo: i can definitely notice the difference in flower production at this stage between the different grows.

What brand nutes do you use? Does the labels give a guaranteed analysis of elements? If yes, I made a tutorial to use Hydro Buddy that would enable you to take the information from those bottles and save the elemental compositions into a database that you could then use to plot out what your ppm is for each element. You could then use that information to make more informed decisions when augmenting the feed to better suit what your eyes see from your plants. Like for instance, you possibly wanting more calcium. If for instance your calcium compared to your K and ammonical N is low, you could squeeze more Ca from the bottles. The good thing about Hydro Buddy is that you have 2 approaches. You can tell the app how much from each bottle will be used like from a feed chart, and the app will tell you how much of each elemental PPM is contained. The other approach is that you can adjust individual elements and the app will tweak the doses from each bottle so you can closer achieve your elemental targets.
The full line of Advanced Nutrients, which I use the buds lab app .

Back
Top Bottom