Wet vs Dry Trim

After always wet trimming, which is no fun either, I dry trimmed a small test plant a few months ago to get a feel for it. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Removed the bigger fan leaves as it seemed they might lay against the bud a little too much, then hung the whole plant cut off just above the coco,for 10 days or so in the dark at 18c 50 rh and just a little air movement.
I think it may depend on the strain but she was pretty easy to fix up and the dry /cure /flavour was my best yet.. So I will probably try the same method on the next harvest even though it's gonna be much bigger. Then I will know if it's actually worth it!
Pretty much the same as me man. Tried wet trimming my first couple harvest. Tested one plant dry trim my next harvest then dry trimmed the next batch aint looked back since.

I didn't have the courage to read all feedback but I ve tried wet and dry. I find dry trimming easier. When the buds are drying the leaves dry first. So when the dry trim day comes, the sugar leaves are so crispy you don't even need any scissors to remove them while the buds still hold enough moisture to remain perfect. I also find taste and aspect better than wet trimming. However since I discovered the brown paper bag drying method (I insist not the curing method). I wet trim then put buds in different brown paper bags and within 10 days they're ready for curing in jars. I couldn't notice any difference in buds using this brown paper bag method or dry trimming. But both are to me way better than the traditional wet trimming then hang dry. My 2 cent

Pretty much the same as me man. Tried wet trimming my first couple harvest. Tested one plant dry trim my next harvest then dry trimmed the next batch aint looked back since.
Now when I choose dry trimming I don't even bother removing any fan leaves as when the plant will be ready for dry trimming 7-10 days later depending on RH, those fan leaves will be so crispy they are so easy to remove around the buds (I don't even use scissors)

What's your favorite and why? Wry trim or dry trim. I'm thinking I'll try dry this time as to slow down the dry time.
Dry trim every time

Tried doing it wet once (the first grow) and that was just a sticky mess

When cropping pull all the big leaves off my hand as you cut each branch (I tie em to hang first then strip off all the bigger leaves that I can pull off by hand)

Then trim close once it's dry

I always trim when wet, but I grow bushy indicas. To me, it makes the buds look better when they dry if they are already trimmed. But I don't overtrim my bud, and just take off enough to make the buds look better. Here's an example:

I always trim when wet, but I grow bushy indicas. To me, it makes the buds look better when they dry if they are already trimmed. But I don't overtrim my bud, and just take off enough to make the buds look better. Here's an example:

Thanks, Pink!! Nice harvest!! You're so kind to have responded! Thank you for that!
:passitleft:

wet all the way, you can watch trichomes fly off when trimming dry.
i dont like that, pictures will look the same either way, you will see the proof if you try it.
theres certain things that people do that claim its the best because they do it, but they never tell the whole story save the fact that their way is best.
theres a reason most people do it wet, its easier and you dont lose trichs AND YOUR BUD DOESNT DRY OUT EVEN MORE WHILE YOU ARE TRIMMING IT, unless you want to one by one put each bud into a jar while trimming adding alot more time to your trim.
try it both ways, and then report back what you think.
i tried alot of things, realizing more and more the traditional methods are done majority of a time for a reason
believe me im getting ph problems because i had a brilliant idea to topdress coco with a bunch of soil amendments

My last crop got hung up to dry untrimmed- after 2 days I pulled them down and trimmed them,then hung them for another 4 days.
I thought trimming might be a little easier that way,and it was,so I'll probably do it that way from here on in.

Either way,it's a tedious job,especially with a large crop,so anything that makes it seem easier is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom