What is going on with her? Pic inside

NewGrower42069

420 Member
planted and broke soil the same as a faster growing totally normal looking seedling..
this happened after a few kinda hot days. But today is cloudy and cold and still looks the same.. I just watered them yesterday maybe it was too dry. But I’m at a loss as to what’s going on.. ive moved to shady spot for 48hours now still no change and would love to figure this out
here is a pic of her healthy sister as well
very very upsetting…

8E88B29B-C50E-4340-8D27-F2A7E1B5A77E.jpeg

0BB95A32-8CC0-45E3-A6B1-6AD5932282B8.jpeg

That little sprout came up with it's hand up asking for a high 5 for getting it out the shell :cheesygrinsmiley: ......but as long as it's green and shows steady growth there should be no cause for alarm... Plants will do plant things.

Good luck growmie

It looks like both leaves are there, just maybe stuck together? I would try to gently pull them apart with a toothpick or something, sometimes the inner membrane from the seed can stay on the plant a bit.

she looks fine ...sit back and relax and let her do her thing ...sometime coming out of the shell the leaves to stick together ..not very often but it does happen and as you can see in the last pic she look completely normal .

she looks fine ...sit back and relax and let her do her thing ...sometime coming out of the shell the leaves to stick together ..not very often but it does happen and as you can see in the last pic she look completely normal .
The second pic is the normal looking "sister". I do agree, no problem, let her grow, in blowing up the pic I do now see it looks like one leaf is stuck to the other, as @Sueet said, just tease the leaves apart and she'll be fine.

The second pic is the normal looking "sister". I do agree, no problem, let her grow, in blowing up the pic I do now see it looks like one leaf is stuck to the other, as @Sueet said, just tease the leaves apart and she'll be fine.
gotcha I missed the sister and yes Sueet is also correct ....you can tease it or give it a little time to see if she corrects herself.

Ok thanks.. it wasn’t doing this in the first few days that’s why.. dunno if I have a picture but this is what it looked like before it started “clapping” (extreme praying) I think it’s definitely got sun burnt tho.. I feel bad now I shudve left it in more shady conditions ugh I’m an idiot
this is what she looks like before the clapping started btw
also I teased her leafs a bit and now they’re starting to come down but one lead seems a bit twistses.. only time will tell think she needed water too now that she has some it’s starting to come down
theres definite burnt edges I’m seeing and the leaves don’t look as healthy as this anymore :(
I’ll post an updated pic in a day or two to see what u guys think

514EC1E3-8FA9-4567-87C3-04F81AE31255.jpeg

This is what she looks like now.. I totally ruined this plant! UGH

2E59A886-B2AC-4709-AE6B-3107B70ABACC.jpeg

D1FC17C0-5ED6-44BA-A4C1-215335EE6456.jpeg

Honestly it has been a few days and just seems to get worse :( it was such a healthy green now the leaves Look dry and brittle growth has stopped.. and this is 2 weeks in.. what a fail ive definitely affected yield at this point and I’m so sad lol I’m keeping it in the shade it’s super windy today.. those light burnt leaves look like they’re gonna fly off from the winds lol I was able to bend one of them but the wind just blows it back up

Ok thanks.. it wasn’t doing this in the first few days that’s why.. dunno if I have a picture but this is what it looked like before it started “clapping” (extreme praying) I think it’s definitely got sun burnt tho.. I feel bad now I shudve left it in more shady conditions ugh I’m an idiot
this is what she looks like before the clapping started btw
also I teased her leafs a bit and now they’re starting to come down but one lead seems a bit twistses.. only time will tell think she needed water too now that she has some it’s starting to come down
theres definite burnt edges I’m seeing and the leaves don’t look as healthy as this anymore :(
I’ll post an updated pic in a day or two to see what u guys think

514EC1E3-8FA9-4567-87C3-04F81AE31255.jpeg

This is what she looks like now.. I totally ruined this plant! UGH

2E59A886-B2AC-4709-AE6B-3107B70ABACC.jpeg

D1FC17C0-5ED6-44BA-A4C1-215335EE6456.jpeg
you said you had her in full sun ... and the first picture was before the leaf's came together . what that says to me is with her root system she could process the amount of light she was getting ...ive seen mature plants turn leaf's sideways when they cant process the amount of light they are receiving as well as when they are losing water , its an effort tp stay hydrated . im really not a soil guy but as asked what type of medium do you have her in ? also have you watered with any fertilizer.. in all the pics of her the soil looks dry . you could give her a good watering and put a clear glass quart jar over her along with keeping her partially shaded to see if she recovers ..seedlings like humidity and from the pics i would say its really dry .

You haven't effected yield at this point unless she is an auto. also if you have or can get your hands on some root stimulator like azos to add to your water before watering , it would help .

They’re autos.. so yeah.. RIP yield.. theyre all in Gaia organic soil 1-0-0 and stepwell super soil
these are nearing 3 weeks old and so smallllllll
havent added anything to the water, topsoil or anything. Just PH my filtered water to 6-7 ph
sigh!
the top and sides are maybe looking dry but I’m telling u they don’t need more water.. only the top 1/8-1/4 inch is dry at the moment
and today she looks a bit better except for some lime green colouring.. here’s a pic

im just so upset.. at this point I don’t know what the hell im doing. Should’ve kept them in small pots and inside for the first few weeks.. trying to keep on the dry side dunno if it’s been helping or hindering them.. wish I could see the roots.. all I know is I’m severely disappointed in myself.
I had to gently pry her leaves apart but its holding shape atleast..
I wish I could turn back time and start over. Such a FAIL

image.jpg

if u guys would like to see the other ones here they are

4E17ECDF-0956-4CE3-97A1-3A18D7928EAB.jpeg

3E09EE87-8502-4648-B8E0-5FD2F87090E1.jpeg

Damn really. It says on the bag enough to last for 4 weeks. haven’t even bought nutes yet lmao have some glacial rock dust only but was gonna return it (organic outdoor grow)

The stepwell soil guy said it’s super rich this year and rly don’t need to feed nutes til it’s about 12inches high or something like that.
I’ll go get nutes ASAP then dunno what to get however and don’t trust the guys at the store haha
could u tell me what I need? Bare minimum if anything.. kinda broke as a joke.. hence why trying to grow some
here look at this better picture of the heat stressed plant, the colour changed from a healthy lush green to this uneven lime/dark green, any idea what that is? Bleaching From the sun perhaps?

image.jpg

That plant is about done. Whether it's heat stress, watering, PH, or something else, I don't know, sometimes seedlings are just finnicky. As for nutes, you need to decide if organic or synthetic. Your media, appears to be a mix of sphagnum moss (stepwell) and soil amendments, then the Gaia is peat moss and coco, with amendments . You're right, it should have enough nutes for awhile. I'm basically a soil grower and have little experience with moss or coco. I don't know what the watering requirements for your soil(s) are. I use synthetic nutes, the Fox Farm trio (grow Big, Big Bud, Tiger Bloom, with Bush Doctor for Cal-mag. There are plenty of good organic and synthetic fertilizers, usually organic nutes are a little more expensive. Basically, in looking at the soils you've chosen, they appeared geared towards organic growing. Hopefully others will chime in. Pop another seed and go from there! Everything is a learning experience, don't take it as a fail. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom