What size pots to use in a 4x4 tent?

igrow420710

Hi there,

I will be using a 4x4 (1.2m x 1.2m) tent looking to do 4 plants at a time...

I will start in a party cup.. but dont know what size to move up tooo..

preferably in litres...

I wanted to start in party cups and end in about a 4/5 gallon (20litre) smart pots... but don’t know what size to pot up to from party cup...maybe even 25 litre (5.5 gal)

You don't have to transplant to the final pot immediately, you can transplant to ~3L pots and let them veg in those for some time.

If you grow in soil, and especially if you grow organically, go with as big a pot as possible, 4x 7gallon (27L) fabric pots works well in a 120x120cm tent :)

Filling out a 120x120cm / 1,44 m2 (4'x4' / 16 sq. ft.) with flowers:

1 plant - 50-100L pot +10 weeks veg
4 plants - 20-30L pots +8 weeks veg
9 plants - 10-11L pots 4-8 weeks veg
25 plants- 4-6L pots 2-4 weeks veg
36 plants - 2-4L pots 0-2 weeks veg

If you grow in soil, and especially if you grow organically, go with as big a pot as possible, 4x 7gallon (27L) fabric pots works well in a 120x120cm tent :)

Agreed. The first question should have been what is your growing medium? Second question is do you plan to add nutrients during the grow?

But, when growing in soil bigger pots are always better if they fit....

:goodluck:

What light will you be running in the tent? It is said to put autos straight into there finishing pot. I had 4 autos in 25tr plastic pots under a 600w in my first grow and averaged 4.5oz dry a plant, 1 was a disaster, 1 hermied and 2 nice plants, that was in a 1.8m square tent though
What was your light schedule?

Looking to grow in soil. Photoperiod for now.

I was thinking;
Party Cup
maybe a 5 litre
end in a 20litre/25lite smart pot

dont really want to transplant more than twice.

I run 20L pots in my 4x4 and 4x8 tents.

I veg for 2 weeks in a 1L then straight into the 20L pots, another 4 weeks veg, i tent do get between 5-7oz from each plant untrained as such, all i do is put a screen 12" above pots and bend the main stem down to the screen.

Works great, cuts training time down too!

I run 20L pots in my 4x4 and 4x8 tents.

I veg for 2 weeks in a 1L then straight into the 20L pots, another 4 weeks veg, i tent do get between 5-7oz from each plant untrained as such, all i do is put a screen 12" above pots and bend the main stem down to the screen.

Works great, cuts training time down too!

Sounds like they are more trained than untrained! I like to see different methods of training have you git a link to some pictures?

Yes buddy, nope i just let them get to around 8" then just slightly bend the main stem, works better than any of my fully LST plant and i get more yield this way believe it or not.

Green Crack - Northern Lights & Haze Grow (completed)

Back
Top Bottom