What the hell could this be

Nutty Prof thinks hermie & lockout, he’s really sharp so I’d put my money on that, but with the suspect in isolation you can wait and see how it turns out and still not risk the others. Drop some more pics in a day or two
OK @NuttyProfessor @013 a few pics now. No bananas but might just bin in?

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

DSC_0110.JPG

You know mate, she is a funky looking girl, but with no sacs/nanners showing, I would grow her out. She may turn into a prize smoke for you. I have had plants that grew funky, could literally count each individual calyx, kinda like how that girl is presenting, was nice smoke and would consider growing that strain again.

were these plants clone over clone ?

it looks quite similar to genetic drift. i had a clone only black indica pheno for med use that we had to end due to drift. you might not get nanners, but you'll get piles and piles of empty seed pods, and less and less actual bud as they go forward.

i see other stuff as well though.

were these plants clone over clone ?

it looks quite similar to genetic drift. i had a clone only black indica pheno for med use that we had to end due to drift. you might not get nanners, but you'll get piles and piles of empty seed pods, and less and less actual bud as they go forward.

i see other stuff as well though.
No they stardawg from seed. Been growing same strain for about 18 month now. Had 6 but 2 got mites so binned em and got 4 left that one and another 3. One of the other 3 just stopped growing aswell looked the same as that weird one did to begin with but bounced back. Pics below all started same day same seeds

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

it won't be a drift then unless it has come right through from seed. bad breeding will cause it as well, but most professional breeders never get close to it. you kinda have to work at it, and breeding programs are designed to keep away from it.

it is usually due to clone over clone grows that have gone for several seasons without using a mother plant.

it won't be a drift then unless it has come right through from seed. bad breeding will cause it as well, but most professional breeders never get close to it. you kinda have to work at it, and breeding programs are designed to keep away from it.

it is usually due to clone over clone grows that have gone for several seasons without using a mother plant.
So bad batch of seeds maybe

i kinda doubt it.

i only ever saw it once in my grows. we didn't keep a mother on the black indica pheno. if i had we probably would never have noticed. it went because we did clone over clone for several seasons.

it would have had to have had a genetic predisposition for it to happen as well. like i mentioned, you sorta have to work at it.

more experienced growers have told me they've seen it from seed. but i haven't. it only seems to happen with phenos from fem seed too. the regs would probably be too stable.

i kinda doubt it.

i only ever saw it once in my grows. we didn't keep a mother on the black indica pheno. if i had we probably would never have noticed. it went because we did clone over clone for several seasons.

it would have had to have had a genetic predisposition for it to happen as well. like i mentioned, you sorta have to work at it.

more experienced growers have told me they've seen it from seed. but i haven't. it only seems to happen with phenos from fem seed too. the regs would probably be too stable.
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean has caused this then.

i'll clear it up : i don't think a genetic drift has caused the issue here. i believe it may be something else.

the tell-tale symptom for genetic drift would be a lot - like almost all - of the calyxes developing empty seed pods. seeds with nothing inside. it's like having a pregnant female plant that does not produce fully formed seed. it just makes the casing for the seed.

it is different from a hermie as well. hermies create fully formed seed. a plant in genetic drift will produce seed pod all over too, not just a few.

i'll clear it up : i don't think a genetic drift has caused the issue here. i believe it may be something else.

the tell-tale symptom for genetic drift would be a lot - like almost all - of the calyxes developing empty seed pods. seeds with nothing inside. it's like having a pregnant female plant that does not produce fully formed seed. it just makes the casing for the seed.

it is different from a hermie as well. hermies create fully formed seed. a plant in genetic drift will produce seed pod all over too, not just a few.
So what has caused it? Also do you think it's OK to back in with the other 3 then you think.

i would first get a loupe all over it to rule out predatory pests. there are some spots i would be concerned over. wouldn't want anything to spread

also if you have a straight up hermie it will ruin the other plants.

i would first get a loupe all over it to rule out predatory pests. there are some spots i would be concerned over. wouldn't want anything to spread

also if you have a straight up hermie it will ruin the other

also if you have a straight up hermie it will ruin the other plants.
Just checked and wouldn't you know that one had mites too. Its in bin now just hope the 3 remaining are OK. They seem to be . Thanks for your help all you. Gonna have to disinfect whole room before starting next ones.

Just checked and wouldn't you know that one had mites too. Its in bin now just hope the 3 remaining are OK. They seem to be . Thanks for your help all you. Gonna have to disinfect whole room before starting next ones.
Based on the way that one looked in the photographs it had a mite problem for awhile. Most likely the mites have spread to the others already. Just a suggestion but it is not that much extra work to come up with a spraying schedule to get rid of a mite problem. That way you can save the plants and still get a harvest.

Based on the way that one looked in the photographs it had a mite problem for awhile. Most likely the mites have spread to the others already. Just a suggestion but it is not that much extra work to come up with a spraying schedule to get rid of a mite problem. That way you can save the plants and still get a harvest.
I started with 6 girls noticed 2 had mites then that one been on its own for a week but will check other 3 tomoz again. I have been checking daily but found nothing and no spots on other. I have some spray but how does that work now they so far into flower?

I started with 6 girls noticed 2 had mites then that one been on its own for a week but will check other 3 tomoz again. I have been checking daily but found nothing and no spots on other. I have some spray but how does that work now they so far into flower?
Checked em yesterday. Mites on the fabric pots but can't see nothing on none of the leaves. Not too long left so hopefully they be OK I spayed pots with bug stuff so hopefully be ok

Back
Top Bottom