What to do with the veg trimmings?

farm420ok

Hello all,

I'm looking for ideas on what to do with the trimmings you get during the veg cycle. Like when you lolipop or trim leaves that are not getting light, etc? So far, I've been feeding my to a goat, but my mom said dad use to smoke them. I looked at her in disbelief.

Hello all,I'm looking for ideas on what to do with the trimmings you get during the veg cycle. Like when you lolipop or trim leaves that are not getting light, etc? So far, I've been feeding my to a goat, but my mom said dad use to smoke them. I looked at her in disbelief.

Well, don't I feel old all of the sudden! Yup, back in the day leaves were mainly what you got...

I personally throw the trimmed leaves into my worm bin.

(And snaps to your mom for throwing out some sage advise!)

Ive seen pics of dads grow. It was in 1984, when I was like 2. He had about 12 plants 8 foot tall or more. I assure you, there was buds on them the size of a dachshund. When I have enough I suppose I can do that. I made a tea for a little calf today with it that could probably use it.

I probably should have put this out there, I do a small amount of farming and ranching, raise lots of other veggies.

The worm bin is a wonderful idea. Had one in an old single door ice box as a kid. You think nightcrawlers were big??? Called them daywalkers!!!

The leaves aren't useful for much but check those branches for clone material. I always lollypop a few days before starting bloom and you can end up with several solid clones from those lower smaller branches you take off.

Compost them and reuse in a future grow?
I always burn my leaves in the fireplace. Leaves in the compost bin can be found and used as evidence against you if you're in a non-legal area. You have to play it safe.

I always burn my leaves in the fireplace. Leaves in the compost bin can be found and used as evidence against you if you're in a non-legal area. You have to play it safe.
That's why you compost the evidence. My perpetual 4x4 only needs a gallon container and typically mulches down trimmings in a couple days.

Obviously not the greatest if your anticipating a warrant but at least it keeps things tidy and in the same place.

Roll them in the cigar wraps and let them cure then you can just roll your own joints with cannabis leaves
Tell me more! Is there an online tutorial?

No but I’m working on that now I have hade my leaves half dry then I cut them and glue them with rice glue. And stick them in a rectangle shape. Then cut then with an exacto knif and put them under a sheet of glass for a day. Then just twist away carefully. Kinda like rolling a backwood cigar.

I normally compost, used to put them in the worm bins but my red wigglers began partying to hard, :)
When I add them to my compost bin, it also has worms in it, within just a few days it begins to break down and the worms are all over it, going after them microbes.
Another thing you can do is add them to a smoothie, salad and the such. THcA is very beneficial for the body.

Back
Top Bottom