What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Filling out nicely Jim

Looking good Jim.

Cheers

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments.

Today's look has brought me what I had been waiting for....calyx swelling and layering. I guess some would call this the beginning of fox tailing, I'll just go with swelling and layering. I wish there was a quick side by side to show this affect. Oh well.

IMG_48859.JPG

These two plants are almost identical.

IMG_48869.JPG

IMG_48878.JPG

A close look inside. It's all about these flowers swelling through calyx development with tiny sugar leaves to produce those rock hard nugs.

IMG_489110.JPG

My only problem child. She's had those fans fading throughout the last 3 weeks beginning at the bottom now rising into the upper area. Probably a grower watering issue.

IMG_488912.JPG

Is this a male
420      -magazine-mobile191855092.jpg

Looks just like some normal growth there...small new branches.

Are these male or female or hermie ...any advice and info will be muchly appreciated.
420-magazine-mobile1178842702.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1090495489.jpg

OK...so my eyes are poor and I magnified these but I can't really see nanners on any flowers but I don't really see flowers, pistils as such. It just looks like a tangle of stuff.

If you saw pistils form about 10 to 14 days after going to 12/12 light schedule and now have some pollen sacks (nanners), then you have a hermie.

If all you have is pollen sacks, then you have a male.

That's the best I can do for ya!

Looks just like some normal growth there...small new branches.

OK...so my eyes are poor and I magnified these but I can't really see nanners on any flowers but I don't really see flowers, pistils as such. It just looks like a tangle of stuff.

If you saw pistils form about 10 to 14 days after going to 12/12 light schedule and now have some pollen sacks (nanners), then you have a hermie.

If all you have is pollen sacks, then you have a male.

That's the best I can do for ya!
420-magazine-mobile973704393.jpg
420-magazine-mobile106313541.jpg
420-magazine-mobile907159189.jpg
u zoomed in and took some more

OK. so I see pistils but I see no nanners.

Why did you think it might be hermied? It looks to me that it might be a strain crossed with hash plant. It also appears that you might benefit from more light.
I like what u said ;) gives me more hope for the plant lol i am getting seeds off it and some of the seeds have little red hairs coming off them...ill post some pics i just took ..i took them super close for a better view

DSC_005653.JPG

Mmmmm........ Jim, you have this way.... :love: How much longer do you figure? You look close from my perspective.

Is this a male
420      -magazine-mobile191855092.jpg

I have a blog that'll give you a better understanding of the contrast in development between males and females.

Captn explains sex determinations.

Yours looks like a female, but your picture isn't very clear, so keep an eye out.

The other plant in full flower doesn't show any signs of being a hermie that can be seen from the pictures, despite the seeds you're finding. Any chance she got pollinated by mistake? She has some nice coloration going on. Bet she smells like a dream. Fruity smells? That's what she looks like.

DSC_005653.JPG

Mmmmm........ Jim, you have this way.... :love: How much longer do you figure? You look close from my perspective.

I have a blog that'll give you a better understanding of the contrast in development between males and females.

Captn explains sex determinations.

Yours looks like a female, but your picture isn't very clear, so keep an eye out.

The other plant in full flower doesn't show any signs of being a hermie that can be seen from the pictures, despite the seeds you're finding. Any chance she got pollinated by mistake? She has some nice coloration going on. Bet she smells like a dream. Fruity smells? That's what she looks like.
420-magazine-mobile517669757.jpg
420-magazine-mobile392695828.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1322382228.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1624870197.jpg

This is some more pics up a bit closet and clearer.. it does have its own nice smell that i have to stop and sniff everytime i walk past it and it only just started to get a purple tinge to it as we came into winter

It really does look like it was crossed with a Haze. Some people shy away from airy buds, but I'm kinda partial to them. Easier to break up, for one thing. Easier to dry low and slow too, a prime consideration in my world. That way I get all the goodness, and not simply what didn't evaporate in the drying room. Makes all the difference in potency.

This one looks like she'll reward you nicely. Consider a low and slow drying to get the best from your efforts.

It really does look like it was crossed with a Haze. Some people shy away from airy buds, but I'm kinda partial to them. Easier to break up, for one thing. Easier to dry low and slow too, a prime consideration in my world. That way I get all the goodness, and not simply what didn't evaporate in the drying room. Makes all the difference in potency.

This one looks like she'll reward you nicely. Consider a low and slow drying to get the best from your efforts.
Thanks ill keep posting as i go to keep u updated and get some of your great advise...thanks :)

I like what u said ;) gives me more hope for the plant lol i am getting seeds off it and some of the seeds have little red hairs coming off them...

seed pods will most definitely have red/brown hairs coming out of them. Make sure to let the plant live long enough for the seeds to mature. Watch for seeds that drop to the soil, they can be hard to see.

DSC_005653.JPG

I initially thought this morning it would take them another two weeks. I think today is flower day 40 and if my memory is working, previous BD went 54 days. So that's what I'm shooting for. My special ladies were pollinated on May 26 and 27th. That'll give them approximately 30 days of seed development and I'm fairly sure that's about what they need to be viable.

I pulled a low bud site and seeds are green. Loupe revealed all clear trichomes and have new calyxes forming on the buds so everything should come together in two weeks. Those calyxes (along with pistils) contain the goodies....the most dense area of cannabinoids and I sure love those. These girls have a wonderful fruity aroma today.

Thanks for the lovely comment. :love: I love what you've been doing with the ethylene from the bananas. I may buy an apple for my tent.

Thanks ill keep posting as i go to keep u updated and get some of your great advise...thanks :)

It looks to me like your plant revegged. There's a lot of 3 and 1 bladed leaves, along with the fingers all stretched and facing the same way on the 5 finger leaves. Did your light schedule get changed somewhere?

That sucks. If that happened, salvage what you can of buds and just let it do it's thing all over again. Re-veggs can be mighty fun once you get over the sadness of losing most of the harvest. I remember when this happened to me I still smoked the buds, they were nice. Not as potent as they should have been, but much better than having nothing. For some reason I never had higher yield than when I harvested the re-vegg the second time

It looks to me like your plant revegged. There's a lot of 3 and 1 bladed leaves, along with the fingers all stretched and facing the same way on the 5 finger leaves. Did your light schedule get changed somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom