When is it the best time to start Bloom nutes?

Blumentalist

Hey all, growing Crystal Meth Autos in coco, This is about my third grow, just curious and would like a little input. When do you think is the best time to introduce the bloom nutes? My. little ladies are about 4 weeks old and it appears the bud sites are starting to pop. Would you start the bloom for my next feed or give them one more veg feeding. The first 2 pics were taken a week apart and the third is of the site

IMG_4994.jpeg

IMG_5013.jpeg

IMG_5017.jpeg

Hey all, growing Crystal Meth Autos in coco, This is about my third grow, just curious and would like a little input. When do you think is the best time to introduce the bloom nutes? My. little ladies are about 4 weeks old and it appears the bud sites are starting to pop. Would you start the bloom for my next feed or give them one more veg feeding. The first 2 pics were taken a week apart and the third is of the site

IMG_4994.jpeg

IMG_5013.jpeg

IMG_5017.jpeg
As soon as you see pistils switch to flowering nutrients.
Beautiful garden my friend.
They look a touch hungry though. :Namaste:
Are you feeding?
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

When do you think is the best time to introduce the bloom nutes?
I do not grow autos but I feel that it is best to give the first "blooming dose" a week or so before flowering starts. So when I am going to be placing the plant into the flowering tent I sprinkle the top dressing so that within days the soil micro-organisms have started and the nutrients are available as the plant develops the pistils and then the buds.

Probably even more important to start the bloom feeding cycles ASAP since it is a hydro style grow.

As soon as you see pistils switch to flowering nutrients.
Beautiful garden my friend.
They look a touch hungry though. :Namaste:
Are you feeding?
Take care.

Yes, feeding Advanced Nutrients. Why do you think they look a little hungry?

Yes, feeding Advanced Nutrients. Why do you think they look a little hungry?
:Namaste: could just be the way the color appears due to LES's.
But they looked a touch light green in the pics .
Just wanted to check.
Take care.

You said you're in coco?
Shouldn't you be feeding daily in coco?
I understand that you really can’t over water using coco, but I don’t let them go completely dry. So I water every 2 to 3 days. I’ve started letting them sit in the runoff and they sort of bottom feed for a day or so. As a matter of fact, I’ve been watching the sip thread and thinking of investing in some sip pots. I just have to figure out if there’s will be an adjustment to the feeding schedule.

I understand that you really can’t over water using coco, but I don’t let them go completely dry. So I water every 2 to 3 days. I’ve started letting them sit in the runoff and they sort of bottom feed for a day or so. As a matter of fact, I’ve been watching the sip thread and thinking of investing in some sip pots. I just have to figure out if there’s will be an adjustment to the feeding schedule.

they look good. i usually wait til flower is a wk in or so after the pistils to start any boosters. just a little lighter touch on autos.

i try avoid having them sit in the runoff if possible. it can lead to root rot. it can also discourage the top feeder roots. you can adapt coco to use in the sips if you like. it's passive hydro, and not that far from growing in straight coco really.

they look good. i usually wait til flower is a wk in or so after the pistils to start any boosters. just a little lighter touch on autos.

i try avoid having them sit in the runoff if possible. it can lead to root rot. it can also discourage the top feeder roots. you can adapt coco to use in the sips if you like. it's passive hydro, and not that far from growing in straight coco really.
Yeah I worry about root rot, I just try and keep an eye on the plants. Actually the run off water last maybe a day or so, usually dry before next watering or feeding

Hadn’t thought about the top feeder roots. After each grow I look at the root system to see how they formed. Had a couple of plants that did not grow well. After pulling the plants, I noticed the roots where not well formed, the cause at that time was the grow pod netting had stunted the root formation. It will be interesting to see what theses look like once I pull them.

Sorry it didn’t work, was trying to add a time lapse video
What I have figured out is that you would have to click on the little icon called Video Embed at the top of the box that you type your message in. Then insert the link to the video.

Last time I checked it was necessary to host the video on a video site like youtube or Vimeo. Photos or graphics can be hosted on 420magazine but not videos.

Back
Top Bottom