When to use the 600w hps

Furious87

Hey all,

Needs some advice, got veg going about 3/4 weeks in from seed, plants looking damb sexy I must say.
Currently using 4 flurecent low wattage veg lights, reason is to save energy whilst in veg and then chuck in the hps when it's time.

However there doing great with the flurecent bulbs, not sure when the right time to introduce the hps would be...
And separately to that would I need to introduce that hps slowly, I think the plants are healthy n strong so what do you experts think.

Any tips please

I put mine under 600 MH at 2 weeks. But I keep the ballast turned down to 50% until they are 4 weeks, then I go to 75% for a week then I bump it up to 600. Hope that helps. FYI MH is better for veg than the HPS. HPS is better for flower.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

they are 3/4 week in? meaning 5 days? or meaning 3 to 4 weeks as in 21-28 days old?

hps slowly for sure.

introduce when ready for growth. be ready to up nutes, up trimming, lst, everything. they will demand more attention and grow faster, be ready.

they are 3/4 week in? meaning 5 days? or meaning 3 to 4 weeks as in 21-28 days old?

hps slowly for sure.

introduce when ready for growth. be ready to up nutes, up trimming, lst, everything. they will demand more attention and grow faster, be ready.

There 21-28 days bro. :)
When you say introduce when ready for growth...I'm not fully following, cos there growing around and say an inch max a day.
I've topped the around 10days ago and they have bushed out really well, undergrowth started to stretch a little too.
I feel like I need to snip away so fan leaves to allow more light through and then lst those branches, my only concern is that it might be a little early for trimming? Because there 21-28 days old/ because I topped 10 days ago.

Then I'm thinking about when it's time for the hps.

There 21-28 days bro. :)
When you say introduce when ready for growth...I'm not fully following, cos there growing around and say an inch max a day.
I've topped the around 10days ago and they have bushed out really well, undergrowth started to stretch a little too.
I feel like I need to snip away so fan leaves to allow more light through and then lst those branches, my only concern is that it might be a little early for trimming? Because there 21-28 days old/ because I topped 10 days ago.

Then I'm thinking about when it's time for the hps.

going from cfl to a hid light is going to make them grow faster as long as you can keep up - feeding, watering, taking care of environment.

if your ready to grow some weed put them under the bigger bulb and get ready to flower. its all the same man just will be faster growth and more expensive to run. you can leave them under the cfl all of veg no problem. if they are doing great, why change anything. just use hps for flower.

unless your running out of light, why bother with it now. your saving money.

of course if you are ready to rock, put them under and get your crop quicker.

also i probably wouldn't snip much at 30 days. but theres no right or wrong answer here. there are consequences for action though. if you strip her fan leaves she will collect less light and grow less.

hope it helps man.

edit: also from my own experience at 30 days my plants loved the switch to a hid and blew up

Back
Top Bottom