White Cookies - Drip Irrigation - DIY Citi Cobs - SCROG

Haha you think you have it bad, being in South Africa is even harder :D Although getting awesome advice from fanleaf, jimmyjames and Seymore. Lucky enough to find out I can source all the cob fixtures and drivers locally (no tax or shipping) :D yay for 420mag and the awesome peeps on these forums.

Planning on getting 10 vera 29 cob fixtures running at 38 watts each with 2 HLG-185H-C1050A drivers. Can't wait :D

Hence I'm so keen to watch your journal progress, see what these cobs can do :D

Peace bro.

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Don't mean to but in guys but I like hearing about COBs. I switched to 2 vero 29 155w Cree Cobs and are very happy with the results so far. Really all around great and the plants are loving it not to say that I'm sure I'm saving on elec. also. My tent is only 3x3 so two worked out great. You can see them in my journal. Thanks everyone!...✌️

Don't mean to but in guys but I like hearing about COBs. I switched to 2 vero 29 155w Cree Cobs and are very happy with the results so far. Really all around great and the plants are loving it not to say that I'm sure I'm saving on elec. also. My tent is only 3x3 so two worked out great. You can see them in my journal. Thanks everyone!...✌️

Yes those 3 guys do know their stuff on Cobs!

I love my COBs.

Out perform purple.

I'm pretty happy with my quantins too.

I ran all CKS and their service is good in my experience.

I am now running autos just since my wife stole my veg tent for our garden.

Next will be Bergman.

I'm told he has great strains and they accept credit cards.

When funds become more plentiful, I wish to build a few COBs, but I still want to use HIDs as well. I wonder if a lower watt HID paired with some COBs would increase overall output while still using less energy than a higher watt HID? Like now I use 600 watt HPS, but maybe go with a 250 watt HPS and some 50 watt COBs. Still using less than the 600 uses, but produces better quantity and quality of light. Kinda like mixing the technologies. Thoughts?

I love my COBs.

Out perform purple.

I'm pretty happy with my quantins too.

I ran all CKS and their service is good in my experience.

I am now running autos just since my wife stole my veg tent for our garden.

Next will be Bergman.

I'm told he has great strains and they accept credit cards.

He does accept credit cards. I have three strains from him waiting to grow (Blue Dream, Gold Leaf, and Pineapple Haze) so I can't comment on the quality of his stuff. You should also check out Seedsman, they carry a huge selection including many singles incase you don't want to have to buy 10 of a strain to give it a go. Their prices are great as well.

Hey sleepless how is it going? Hopefully all is well. I am a new grower looking to setup my first tent and am contemplating going the DIY COB LED route. I tried to send a PM, but perhaps I am too new to do so.

I was hoping you could share some knowledge on how you built the system, maybe a parts list, equipment needed, etc.

I'm located in the US, so I should be able to source whatever is needed. Trying to do it on a budget if possible and I'm looking at going with a 4x4 tent and growing 4-6 plants.

Awesome journals, I have read them both. Thank you for sharing!

I'm gonna be jumping into the COB pond soon too and to my knowledge GrowMau5 on YouTube breaks apart his COB circuits into the various pieces needed to build, and where he buys it all. Of course the various parts could be swapped out for different parts, especially if you're competent enough to know which changes can be made.

Hey there all, you will love them COBs. Best thing I ever bought for my grow was those Cobs. I have just a 3x3x6' tent and 2 of them work great. Plants are loving their new lights!
420-magazine-mobile1939603018.jpg
420-magazine-mobile891447527.jpg

Hey there all, you will love them COBs. Best thing I ever bought for my grow was those Cobs. I have just a 3x3x6' tent and 2 of them work great. Plants are loving their new lights!
420-magazine-mobile1939603018.jpg
420-magazine-mobile891447527.jpg
Do you have 2 different stages/ages of plants going at the same time with the same light setup at the same distance? I didn't think that would work well, but perhaps I am mistaken?

Do you have 2 different stages/ages of plants going at the same time with the same light setup at the same distance? I didn't think that would work well, but perhaps I am mistaken?

Yes jkgrow they are 2 different plants. The pheno one I call it or the bushy one on the right is 2 weeks older than the left one. Which it's about 3 weeks into veg. The lights so far are working good at the distance I have them at. The smaller plant really is just as tall as the bushy one.
I'm trying something different this time as the left one last grow really out grew the one on the right. So I'm trying to even them out a little more this time. So far so good. As always I'm open for suggestions!!
Oh and I don't know the strain of them but they are female plants. These are the clones...✌️

Yes jkgrow they are 2 different plants. The pheno one I call it or the bushy one on the right is 2 weeks older than the left one. Which it's about 3 weeks into veg. The lights so far are working good at the distance I have them at. The smaller plant really is just as tall as the bushy one.
I'm trying something different this time as the left one last grow really out grew the one on the right. So I'm trying to even them out a little more this time. So far so good. As always I'm open for suggestions!!
Oh and I don't know the strain of them but they are female plants. These are the clones...✌️
Ah, very interesting!

I don't have any suggestions, just lots of questions, being new to growing myself. In fact I haven't even started yet, still gathering knowledge and making decisions on lighting, etc.

I found it interesting you have 2 different age plants going at the same time. I guess you probably couldn't switch to 12/12 flowering with plants in different stages though.

Ah, very interesting!

I don't have any suggestions, just lots of questions, being new to growing myself. In fact I haven't even started yet, still gathering knowledge and making decisions on lighting, etc.

I found it interesting you have 2 different age plants going at the same time. I guess you probably couldn't switch to 12/12 flowering with plants in different stages though.

Yes I should be able to as the way they look now. If all goes well the one will catch up before I switch to 12/12. My son tried the same thing and with the Cobs they did great. If anything the one will just be a smaller yield. Hope it all works...

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom