White Widow Grow - Indoor

Hey MJ,

Good job. I am also a first time grower. There is a lot to learn in this hobby. Everyone has to start somewhere. You are definitely in the right place. The guys and gals on this site are excellent in helping out.

This is how I started.

Resized_20170526_094532.jpg

With all the help from everyone on here. This is where Im at now.

Day_23-11.jpg

Im subbing in on this one. Good luck with your grow.

Cheers:thumb:

You've made quite a lot of progress icecream fair play.

Thanks for the comment and welcome to my grow. It's nice to see new people stopping by and staying for the ride, the more the merrier ✌️

Here's my box guys, nearly there just have to add the heater, cfls, fan and do a bit of paint work on the outside.

I've changed the inside to the white paper instead of the foil as mentioned at the start of the journal.

Now that I have my heater I have no real need for the foil and I'm going to use the white for better light reflection.

Bit of an experiment too to see how my baby reacts to her new home.

420-magazine-mobile1825273272.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1098058428.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2045045835.jpg

Just watered 1.5l yesterday no feed and temp was around 26/27 Celsius.

Today I mixed 2ml flora gro,1 ml AHH (advanced hydroponics of holland) and 2ml cal mag. pH 6.2

Temp. 26 Celsius.

I'm going to slowly bring the AHH back to the 2ml, i haven't used this before so I want to be careful. This is my first time watering with it so I'll be watching the plant very closely from here.

Saturday 12/08/2017
41 days on surface.

2ml flora gro, 1ml AHH and 2ml cal-mag, 1.5l of water. Ph 6.2
2 feeds 750ml and 750ml

Temperature, 27 celcius.

No bad signs showing from the AHH since using it yesterday so i’m gonna up the dose a bit on Monday (because I won’t be feeding tomorrow) to 1.5ml

Sunday 13/08/2017
42 days/6 weeks on surface.

No feed today.
2 waterings 750ml and 750ml

Temperature, 26 celcius.

Weekly update guys 6 weeks old today, few pics below for you, she's definitely growing, slowly but surely.

I would also recommend the AHH to anybody too, I've only used it twice so far both 0.5ml and I am already seeing faster development of the flowers using it, and I've been using the flora bloom in 2ml measures all along.

420-magazine-mobile1216461329.jpg
420-magazine-mobile583350055.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2140827742.jpg
420-magazine-mobile349266397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1033148182.jpg
420-magazine-mobile697177545.jpg
420-magazine-mobile823175585.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1761619199.jpg

Monday 14/08/2017
43 days on surface.

2ml flora gro, 1.5ml AHH and 2ml cal-mag, 1.5l of water. Ph 6.2
2 feeds 750ml and 750ml

Temperature, 27 celcius.

I can't stop looking at her. More pics below for you, I know she is small but I think she just looks gorgeous under that macro lens!

420-magazine-mobile1649016190.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1880252080.jpg

NEED HELP ASAP!! Spider mite infestation.. I was looking at my baby when I notices something that looked like a moving trichome, of course they don't move so I looked a little closer to find a spider mite.. after searching around I now can see that there is 100s of them in the coir grow bag if not 1000s.

What is my best option here guys or am I totally screwed?

420-magazine-mobile1102839899.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1805331464.jpg

Starting to think these are root aphids? Either way I need help with these, I have no clue how to resolve this. If anybody can identify them for me that would be great. Thanks again.

Hi MJ, I just posted this on another thread to you, so cross posting on your journal.

You may want to post this request over in the pests forum, it will get more traffic.
Are you sure these are spider mites? Also have you looked carefully under the leaves with magnification? Look for damage on the leaves or other signs of bugs.

I use insecticidal soap and neem as a foliar. Also azamax, which is derived from neem, can be added to the foliar and added to your watering solution to kill them in the soil. There are some other botanical oils that you can try.
Use these first, if necessary move on to something stronger.

You'll need to spray the plant to cover it top to bottom but not the flowers. And wipe down your grow area. Good luck, you'll have a nice first plant! I just grew my first WW autos indoors and I'm finishing a couple outdoors this week. They're in my grow journal with a bunch of other stuff.

MJ, also keep your ph between 5.5 - 6

I've been putting in 6.4-6.6 so il bring it down another bit thanks Tio .

I'm growing in coco also and keep my ph between 5.8-6.3 as I read that 5.8 is the low end for soil and 6.3 is the high end for coco.

Can anybody tell me why the plant is so little it will be 4 weeks on the surface Sunday but it's only 8.2cm in height and the leaves look really small?

After hydrating the coco coir, 24 hours later I presoaked it with some vegetable feed. 2 days later I planted the germinated seed and I fed it a week later with a little cal-mag. I have been just watering with no feed since then with PhD water around 6.4-6.6 and for last few days I have dropped it to 5.9-6.2.

I have a 120watt full spectrum led, pc fan, and it's been sitting in 18-20 degrees Celsius, best I can get it to for now.

Two things I think it could be is definitely temps, 24C is a good temp to be at...other than that maybe run your light cycle longer? It's an auto so it can handle more light. I'm running autos now on a 20/4 cycle.

Hey MaryJane
I will be following the baby grow big. :ganjamon:
The girls look healthy i have heard that they grow best with temps between 20c-24c.

I am at my first grow mine are about 26 days old if i am not wrong haha.
IMG_481413.JPG

I'm growing in coco also and keep my ph between 5.8-6.3 as I read that 5.8 is the low end for soil and 6.3 is the high end for coco.

Two things I think it could be is definitely temps, 24C is a good temp to be at...other than that maybe run your light cycle longer? It's an auto so it can handle more light. I'm running autos now on a 20/4 cycle.

Yeah I keep my pH at 6.2, temp at 26 Celsius and I kept lights on 24 hours for the first 2 weeks and iv had them on 20/4 like you said since then.

I think she stunted because of them aphids. Il get her sorted.

i want to play the devils advocate here ... in a friendly way ... do you wanna keep throwing electricity and nutes and time at a plant that will clearly stay a runt with runt harvest till the end ... do you want to invest another 4 weeks in a 8 cm midget ?

when i look at it i must admire your persistence at nursing your plant back to health , also looking at where you are right now i would quit on her and start a new one ... one that will surpass the first in height after a few days because of all what you learned from this blank shot ;)

im just saying ... with the utmost respect for you!!

i want to play the devils advocate here ... in a friendly way ... do you wanna keep throwing electricity and nutes and time at a plant that will clearly stay a runt with runt harvest till the end ... do you want to invest another 4 weeks in a 8 cm midget ?

when i look at it i must admire your persistence at nursing your plant back to health , also looking at where you are right now i would quit on her and start a new one ... one that will surpass the first in height after a few days because of all what you learned from this blank shot ;)

im just saying ... with the utmost respect for you!!

What I have planned is to try get her back to herself while I'm waiting for a new coco bag and I'm running low on nutes so I'm going to let her do her thing with as much help as I can give her while I'm restocking my equipment and I'm going to buy myself a few cfls too for next time so while all this is taking place, I'm going to see if she can bounce back and if she doesn't by time I'm ready for the grow then I will be throwing her out.

Just don't want t give up on her yet and see if I can sort it out. I do agree with you though.

Well i waited to post my opinion untill after "stretch" to see How it turns out but now i feel like there is no more hope for a recovery... but again she will pay you back in experience and knowledge

Yeah I've learned so much since the start of this grow, I knew nothing at the start. Can I ask what is the stretch period? Or better phrased when is the stretch period? I know it's when the plant stretches and grows vigorously but around when would it enter this stage and when would it be finished?

If you want to learn more you got to ask these questions. Thanks for all your help so far.

Yeah I've learned so much since the start of this grow, I knew nothing at the start. Can I ask what is the stretch period? Or better phrased when is the stretch period? I know it's when the plant stretches and grows vigorously but around when would it enter this stage and when would it be finished?

If you want to learn more you got to ask these questions. Thanks for all your help so far.

stretch occurs when the plant squizes every last millimeter of growth out of itself ... in photo plants stretch happens shortly after the flip and lasts for about 2 weeks ... in autos stretch is somewhat less defined as autos tend to keep growing well into flower ... stress induced stretch is very different from natural stretch example a plant under a very weak light can grow very leggy and reach fast for the light i personally have seen seedlings that are passing 15-20 cm after just a few days above ground...

in general stretch is defined as highly accelerated growth

Hey MaryJane
I will be following the baby grow big. :ganjamon:
The girls look healthy i have heard that they grow best with temps between 20c-24c.

I am at my first grow mine are about 26 days old if i am not wrong haha.
IMG_481413.JPG

Hey maana, welcome along. Your plants are looking real good. Hell of a lot better than mine was at 26 days ..

I like to keep my temps a bit higher around 24-28 Celsius while of course watching for heat stress. Saying that I've read that a cannabis plant can grow as long as temps are at or above 13 celcius.

I've decided to bring the journal to an end guys .

I tried putting hydrogen peroxide mix with water down through my coir bag, done a great job killing off all those nasty aphids but didn't manage to kill all of them.

I then tried the neem oil and that done a good job with them too, but there was still lots of them crawling around and I seen that they were also moving up along my plant.

They had already eating the first two leaves almost entirely this morning and I seen some on the flower too.

I've decided that it's too late for a recovery and that it's best to just get rid of her now. Besides I wouldn't have been able to smoke the bud knowing they where there anyway.

So unfortunately this has had to come to an end and also as pyterostychus has stated, it's just not worth wasting time and electricity on this plant.

I've learned a lot from it and I hope you guys will all still follow me on my next grow now that I have a better understanding of it.

It's been a pleasure having you all on here and I can't thank you all enough for your help and support.

Good luck to you all and peace out my brothers ✌️

P.s. Does anybody know how I would move this to the abandoned journals section or can I do that?

And also keep an eye out for ItsTommyGunnz as I'm going to be using that page from now on and il be starting a new White Widow grow over on that page too in the coming weeks after setting up better equipment, restocking my nutes and of course giving that box of mine a good aul cleaning with the neem oil and a hose to get rid of any remaining bugs and dirt.

Thanks for stopping by guys. Hope to see you all again on my new page and I also hope I get some luck on my side next time round.

Here's to many more grows and all the great people I've met on here so far .

420-magazine-mobile1045049803.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2094899343.jpg

Back
Top Bottom